Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When is the rite time to see Eason


When is the time to see what Eason has( I still think we can make the playoffs)  

78 members have voted

  1. 1. How many more losses before they see how the arm of Eason is going to fair

    • 1
      1
    • 2
      5
    • 3
      14
    • 4
      10
    • Just wait till next preseason and hope to see him
      50


Recommended Posts

I agree with everyone who says "once we are eliminated from the playoff hunt".  Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if, after a loss to the Steelers, we are out of it, I would like to see Eason get the start against the Jags.  That would be the smart move for Reich to make for a couple reasons.  Seeing Eason in some game action.  Giving Eason some game experience.   If it allows the Jags to win, it help the Colts in draft position and hurts the Jags.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We're not saying the same thing. You said you don't understand why people would want to see Eason. There are very obvious reasons they would want to see him. You also said only a 10ish minutes in the last game we are losing. If we are eliminated, I think folks would like to see him get multiple series, potentially in multiple games depending on when we are eliminated... not just mop up and hand off work. 

 

Yeah... I just don't see that happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In blowout losses like this, that’s where we should be seeing him. We also should have saw him against the Jets late in the 4th quarter. Any time the game is out of reach for us or the opposing team, we should see Eason. The staff needs to stop being stubborn and activate him at least. When everyone is healthy we have like 6 LBs who are active every week. After his punching incident, deactivate Adams and let Eason dress.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I said 3 losses.  Which means that we should see him about 4 weeks from now.  Last two games of the season.

We will go 10-6 so we won't see him at all, you like about 5 other posters flood these boards with a bunch of bull after losses It is old and tiring to be honest. After I log off here in a minute I am not going to post for a few days because some think they know more than Ballard and think Rivers is trash, etc, and blah blah blah. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will go 10-6 so we won't see him at all, you like about 5 other posters flood these boards with a bunch of bull after losses It is old and tiring to be honest. After I log off here in a minute I am not going to post for a few days because some think they know more than Ballard and think Rivers is trash, etc, and blah blah blah. 

LOL.  The forum has meaningless cheerleading discussions after a win.  Losses begat problem solving discussions.  I see where your mentality rests.

 

You're predicting that AC will return?  Maybe so, but that would be the key to winning, IMO.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will go 10-6 so we won't see him at all, you like about 5 other posters flood these boards with a bunch of bull after losses It is old and tiring to be honest. After I log off here in a minute I am not going to post for a few days because some think they know more than Ballard and think Rivers is trash, etc, and blah blah blah. 

I'm hoping for 10-6 as well.  The Raiders game will be huge.  I think we split with the Texans and lose to the Steelers.   That means we need to win vs raiders and vs Jags to get to 10-6.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DougDew said:

LOL.  The forum has meaningless cheerleading discussions after a win.  Losses begat problem solving discussions.  I see where your mentality rests.

 

You're predicting that AC will return?  Maybe so, but that would be the key to winning, IMO.

 

 

I have nothing personal against you and a few others that post negativity after losses. Criticism is ok if we play bad but some go overboard with it and those people disappear when we win. I just find that funny. Not saying you do but where were they at when we beat Tennessee and GB. We have a good team other wise we wouldn't of beat those teams and be 7-4. We will beat Houston without AC, Houston isn't any good.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I'm hoping for 10-6 as well.  The Raiders game will be huge.  I think we split with the Texans and lose to the Steelers.   That means we need to win vs raiders and vs Jags to get to 10-6.  

Raiders game may be the season. They just loss 43-6 to Matt Ryan so we can beat them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  The forum has meaningless cheerleading discussions after a win.  Losses begat problem solving discussions.  I see where your mentality rests.

 

 

 

I see it both ways.   After a loss, we have allot of "Ballard sucks", "Rivers sucks" and "Start the 3rd string QB".   

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Myles said:

I see it both ways.   After a loss, we have allot of "Ballard sucks", "Rivers sucks" and "Start the 3rd string QB".   

Not me.  But I never say the GM sucks.  I simply think that discussions about how to get better are more interesting than discussions that wallow in how wonderful we are ....uh...that we think we are.

 

But to the thread, I don't care about making the playoffs one season.  Honestly, I think GMs and HCs care about that stuff to be able to say they made the playoffs at some point in their tenure...almost like job security.

 

Even if Rivers comes back next year, the FO still needs to see Eason at some point.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I hate to say it, 2 maybe three weeks will just about finish the colts. I believe they should look ahead and plan for the future. Rivers is a better than average QB in my book. I would not get rid of him for a couple of years. But you have to see what you have before that time comes. I only use Kelly as an example of waisted time. why not suit up Eason and let him run short yardage situations? He is cheaper and he needs the experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

As much as I hate to say it, 2 maybe three weeks will just about finish the colts. I believe they should look ahead and plan for the future. Rivers is a better than average QB in my book. I would not get rid of him for a couple of years. But you have to see what you have before that time comes. I only use Kelly as an example of waisted time. why not suit up Eason and let him run short yardage situations? He is cheaper and he needs the experience.

When Philip Rivers & the Chargers “mutually agreed to part ways”, Rivers stated that he only wanted to play an additional 2 years, and this is the 1st of them. He's already been hired as the Head Coach of an Alabama High School, so if he returns it's only for next season. Still a good opportunity to move on from Jacoby, and have Eason as the #2 and maybe some inexpensive, veteran journeyman as the #3 and emergency quarterback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

 

Yeah... I just don't see that happening.

Not saying it will happen. There are a lot of things that will impact things. W-L record, playoff situation, Eason's development, coach/GM direction, and potentially River's plans. Just saying, under the right conditions, it makes sense to see your potential future QB in a live game situation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know we won't see him until we are out of the playoff race.  We need to know it he can play.  Phillip Rivers is not the future and JB is not either.  I knew all along Phillip Rivers would not be the answer.  He has never took a team to the SB and he has had some great teams with the Chargers.  Was listening to NFL radio today and a Chargers fan was so mad because for the last 20 years  they have been a disappointment.  The Chargers have a good young QB now and the future could be bright.  The last 20 years they had Phillip Rivers.  Yes I have disliked Phillip Rivers since he played at NC State, and all the times he beat the Colts.  Now watching him have games like yesterday and against the Ravens make the bad feelings come back for Mr. Rivers.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

We all know we won't see him until we are out of the playoff race.  We need to know it he can play.  Phillip Rivers is not the future and JB is not either.  I knew all along Phillip Rivers would not be the answer.  He has never took a team to the SB and he has had some great teams with the Chargers.  Was listening to NFL radio today and a Chargers fan was so mad because for the last 20 years  they have been a disappointment.  The Chargers have a good young QB now and the future could be bright.  The last 20 years they had Phillip Rivers.  Yes I have disliked Phillip Rivers since he played at NC State, and all the times he beat the Colts.  Now watching him have games like yesterday and against the Ravens make the bad feelings come back for Mr. Rivers.  

You dislike Philip Rivers? You have since he was in college? Couldn't really tell from your post, but you're not Tiffany's high school boyfriend or anything are you?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, Jeremy Waldon said:

I think we can still make the playoffs, but curious to find out what others think

Only if we lose 4 straight or are out of the playoffs.  

 

We should finish no worse than 9-7.  That may not make the playoffs though as a wildcard.  We have to not only pick up 2 games over TN in 5 games, we'd also have to beat their AFC record.  We have 5 AFC games left, they have 3.  We have 2 less wins in the AFC.  We have to win 2 more than them, so if they say win 2 of their 3 AFC games, that is no possible without sweeping the season.  We are screwed on so many tie breakers right now  If we get eliminated from the playoffs, Eason should immediately finish the season unless he is simply not cutting it, then Brissett should because no playoffs, no Rivers.  

 

I think we could win 3 of 5 however and be a Wildcard. I don't love our chances at 10-6 though with all the tiebreaker losses. Cleveland is likely in with their easy schedule. Baltimore has the tiebreaker. LV may play themselves out of it so that would leave us as the 6th or 7th seed.  KC or Buf/TN.  We may yet get revenge on TN.  I would pick us with a full roster rematch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree with everyone who says "once we are eliminated from the playoff hunt".  Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if, after a loss to the Steelers, we are out of it, I would like to see Eason get the start against the Jags.  That would be the smart move for Reich to make for a couple reasons.  Seeing Eason in some game action.  Giving Eason some game experience.   If it allows the Jags to win, it help the Colts in draft position and hurts the Jags.  

I agree.  We should make it at 10-6 but 9-7 looks iffy.  But we will likely see the #2 seed unless we ca win 11 games.  Eason should start if we miss the playoffs because Rivers will be done.  I think that would also see Jacoby back as the backup.  I can't see him being signed to start elsewhere, certainly not paid starter money.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I agree.  We should make it at 10-6 but 9-7 looks iffy.  But we will likely see the #2 seed unless we ca win 11 games.  Eason should start if we miss the playoffs because Rivers will be done.  I think that would also see Jacoby back as the backup.  I can't see him being signed to start elsewhere, certainly not paid starter money.  

I think if we win 10 games, we likely bring Rivers back no matter how the season ends. It's highly doubtful that Jacoby would sign on as a backup here, especially if it's to sit behind Jacob Eason - he may sign as a backup somewhere else, but it would probably be with a team that would give him a better than average chance of reclaiming a starting role, and that team isn't the Colts.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think 10-6 will get us in if we beat the Raiders. As of now I see the playoff teams being KC, Pitt, Tennessee, and Buffalo as division winners, Wildcard teams = Browns, Ravens, and Colts. I see Miami going 9-7, same for the Raiders. Both have tough schedules. We may even go 11-5, that is obtainable if we sweep Houston, beat the Raiders, and beat the Jags. 11-5 could win us the division even??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think 10-6 will get us in if we beat the Raiders. As of now I see the playoff teams being KC, Pitt, Tennessee, and Buffalo as division winners, Wildcard teams = Browns, Ravens, and Colts. I see Miami going 9-7, same for the Raiders. Both have tough schedules. We may even go 11-5, that is obtainable if we sweep Houston, beat the Raiders, and beat the Jags. 11-5 could win us the division even??

It could, but we'd probably need Tennessee to slip up and lose 3 of their last 5. 

 

Wouldn't it be something if we both enter Week 17 at 10-5, Houston beats the Titans and we avenge our Week 1 loss to take the AFC South?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

It could, but we'd probably need Tennessee to slip up and lose 3 of their last 5. 

 

Wouldn't it be something if we both enter Week 17 at 10-5, Houston beats the Titans and we avenge our Week 1 loss to take the AFC South?

Strange things have happened all year, I do think it will go down to the wire. Browns beating Tennessee would be a start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get rid of Brissett.

Having him around messed up the situation with Kelly and now it threatens to mess up the situation with Eason.

Brissett is just a big suck-up. You can see it in the games where he is sucking up to Reich on the sidelines and to Rivers when Rivers is on the sidelines.

The guy is a loser who nobody wants.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

You dislike Philip Rivers? You have since he was in college? Couldn't really tell from your post, but you're not Tiffany's high school boyfriend or anything are you?

He is most likely a UNC* fan.  Salty because the best NFL QB in their history is Mitch Trubisky.

 

Just more irrational hate for a future HOFer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlanNC said:

We all know we won't see him until we are out of the playoff race.  We need to know it he can play.  Phillip Rivers is not the future and JB is not either.  I knew all along Phillip Rivers would not be the answer.  He has never took a team to the SB and he has had some great teams with the Chargers.  Was listening to NFL radio today and a Chargers fan was so mad because for the last 20 years  they have been a disappointment.  The Chargers have a good young QB now and the future could be bright.  The last 20 years they had Phillip Rivers.  Yes I have disliked Phillip Rivers since he played at NC State, and all the times he beat the Colts.  Now watching him have games like yesterday and against the Ravens make the bad feelings come back for Mr. Rivers.  

What a dumb and factually incorrect take.

 

The Chargers did not have great teams around Rivers.  People like you said their roster was loaded and it was Rivers holding them back last year.  Now they have a good young QB, upgraded OL, WR, DL, LB, and DB, and they are currently 3-8.

 

You have no clue what you're talking about.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Just get rid of Brissett.

Having him around messed up the situation with Kelly and now it threatens to mess up the situation with Eason.

Brissett is just a big suck-up. You can see it in the games where he is sucking up to Reich on the sidelines and to Rivers when Rivers is on the sidelines.

The guy is a loser who nobody wants.

I like brissett and i really like the short yardage packages with him.  They seem to be working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I agree.  We should make it at 10-6 but 9-7 looks iffy.  But we will likely see the #2 seed unless we ca win 11 games.  Eason should start if we miss the playoffs because Rivers will be done.  I think that would also see Jacoby back as the backup.  I can't see him being signed to start elsewhere, certainly not paid starter money.  

I disagree  we need to finish 11-5to be safe. Even if we lose to steers we need to beat raiders texans and jaqs to get in. Beating the  Steelers  doesn't  seem likely, but if they are still undefeated  at the point they could be overconfident  and drop one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

It could, but we'd probably need Tennessee to slip up and lose 3 of their last 5. 

 

Wouldn't it be something if we both enter Week 17 at 10-5, Houston beats the Titans and we avenge our Week 1 loss to take the AFC South?

Cokts win out and titans lise two is our only legit chance at division. 

13 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

My guess is next preseason would be the RIGHT time to start Eason. 

Might not be a preseason

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I'd love to see EJ emerge. He's definitely got the measurables. I just have tempered my expectations knowing he's a small school dice roll. Thought we'd see him get some time last year, but instead still saw small bits of the other depth guys.   there's some decent FAs that IMO would be an upgrade, and wouldn't cost a bunch. If we could pick up a guy from a cap squeezed team like Jaylon Brown for like 8Mish a year, I think he'd be perfect for our scheme and a 3 down guy. An aging vet like Perryman or KJ Wright might work out too on a modest short term deal. Perryman might be just a 2 down guy, but his coverage was not bad at all last year.  We're in a 4-2-5 set 60+% of the time already. We've never used the SAM a lot even with both Walker and Oke. In 2019, it was Walker at MIKE on 1st and 2nd (and short yardage), Oke at MIKE on 3rd (and obvious passing downs), and then Oke sometimes at SAM vs teams that ran the edge a lot or obvious run downs. Last year Oke started eating into Walker's 2nd down snaps, and we simply played lite more.    Purely my opinion, but you don't want to see Adams or Franklin taking MIKE snaps unless it's an emergency. And definitely not Glasgow. And keep in mind that EJ is still pretty thin. Oke is undersized already at MIKE. EJ is taller than Oke, but 10lbs lighter. Perhaps EJ put on some good weight, but IMO, his lack of power/strength is likely a factor keeping him off the field. He's probably more suited for WILL than MIKE to be honest. If he can pack 15-20lbs of good weight on, and keep his twitch, he could make for a very nice MIKE. It'll be interesting to see if he's made progress in the offesason. Walker was the QB of the D in 2019, and it was him in 2019 and 2020 that filled in at WILL when Leonard was out. That was a little surprising to me as Oke was "billed" as faster and rangier... Peculiar...   Anyway, his asking price is not what concerns me. He's not going to command a lot in this market, and he's not ranked in the top 200 FAs (PFF) either. What my gut tells me is he'd rather play in 3-4 where IMO he'd be much more productive, and would fit his skill sets better. Better fit for him, and probably more lucrative long term. He also can't be happy with Oke eating into his snaps, especially when Oke isn't playing well. Anyway, I really don't want to see Oke playing early downs. He got tore up early downs at MIKE when Leonard was out. If he's our 3 down guy, I can see teams running right at him.
    • Watt is not a good scheme fit. Period. Especially not at that price point and having played his entire career in basically the same scheme. I don't care what anyone says but Houston would be a really logical signing. You don't need him to be Superman with Buckner doing 3 tech.  If worse comes to worst with this cap squeeze, you could get Houston on a one year rental for a discount. He's already cleared almost $100M over his career and he was solid in 2020. There is no way I chase Watt in FA for a premium coming out of a 3-4 scheme. Green Bay is a much better fit for him. 
    • Jabril Cox would be a nice upgrade from Walker and Oke.  Especially since we play the 4-2-5 60% of the time.  He can cover and blitz, two things that Oke and Walker can't do.
    • The thing with this is the best teams don't usually have a lot to spend on free agents.  Its rare for a team as good as the colts to have as much money as they did the last few years.   We also have like one playoff win in 6 years now while having all that free cap space
    • I’m a Stanford guy and am glad we have Okereke.   But I don’t think his ceiling is as high as you seem to think.   86-90?   I’m not sure what that is based on?   Yes, he had a very good rookie year.  But his 2020 season was a big disappointment.  I don’t know why but he didn’t grade out well at all.     If Leonard is 95-100, I’d peg Oke at a top of 85, but more steadily like 75-80.   But that’s only happening if he has a bounce back type of season.   The same kind of season we all hope Rock will have.  A comeback year.  The Colts need a bunch of those in 2021. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...