Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts & Raiders Mirror Each Other Today

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Both teams declared "no contest" as the Rider offense stayed home much like the Colts (injured) #2 defense. The good side is maybe the Raiders offense will attack with similar explosiveness when they face the Colts. 

We'll see if we can even beat the texans

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frank is right I expect a much better effort next week.

One major component of outcoached was the idea to call all 3 times out at end of First half when Titans had ball. The defense hadn't been stopping them, and offense wasn't moving once AC went out. They should've let the clock just run out not call any timeouts

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Ok that's a good point man. I'm curious about your opinion on this one. What if you had a guy like Okereke doing James Farrior like things? You've got a good FS. I see both sides of this argument. It's an interesting conundrum. Solid push every single down with a little trickery. Also if you have a solid running game it makes play calling so much easier and whoever you put in there is going to have an easier job. Just theorizing man.
    • 12 sacks and avg vs the pass? Yeah hed be a tweener with us from what i saw he plays inside and outside.
    • I think Flus simply needs to blitz more to be honest. Between the lack of blitzing and stunting, and our soft zone, I just can't envision our pass rush getting a lot better even with an upgrade at DE. Not blitzing/stunting let's the OL settle in, and makes their jobs much easier. And playing soft zone allows easy pass after easy pass, and almost makes it impossible for coverage sacks. Just not sure why we stay so conservative.    On RO, I'd have to look at those last 4-5 opponents last year. If he played at a high level all year that's one thing, but he played mediocre for 4.5-4.75 years, and looks fantastic only in the last 4-5 games? The situation just needs more context and digging.    
    • No doubt any move is a gamble of some kind or another. If its an older guy, is the player injury prone or on the downhill side of his career? If a younger guy, will he still perform with serious coin in his pocket for the first time? But in the end, you have to look at recent production. If the guy has a good rep for being a hard worker and improved his play such that he's become an impact player, he's worth the gamble, IMO. Maybe not for a contract longer than 3 years, but I like taking a shot at an ascending talent.    More importantly, if you believe, as I do, that the defense HAS to get much better at rushing the passer, especially since our D coordinator seems to have a serious allergy to blitzing, then the push to find that missing piece has to take its place front and center over other needs. 
    • This kid could make things really interesting and turn that flat-butt 4-3 into something really special with corners who can press. The scheme could be really sneaky good with that personnel. 
  • Members

• BlueShoe

BlueShoe 522

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,580

• IndyEric07

IndyEric07 109

• HoosierHero

HoosierHero 54

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 4,562

• danlhart87