Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From here on out

DownHillRunner

Titans (8-3) final five games: vs. Cleveland at JAX vs. Detroit at Green Bay at Houston.

Colts (7-4) final five games: at Houston at Las Vegas vs. Houston at Pittsburgh vs. Jax. 

12/6 

Cleveland Beats Tennessee, Colts take care of business against the Texans. 

Titans 8-4, Colts 8-4. 

12/13

Colts beat the Raiders, Titans beat the Jags.

Titans 9-4, Colts 9-4. 

12/20 

Titans beat Lions, Colts beat the Texans again. 

Titans 10-4, Colts 10-4. 

12/2

Here is the big one. Both teams going on the road against tough opponents. Lets say the Steelers have the division wrapped up. Do they rest guys like Ben to get them ready for the playoffs even with a bye? 

Titans lose to the Packers, Colts beat Steelers. At some point, the Colts have to beat the Steelers. 

Titans 10-5, Colts 11-4.

Final games of the season. 

Titans lose to the Texans. Watson plays spoiler. Colts beat the tanking Jags and win the AFC South!!

Titans 10-6, Colts 12-4. 

I know some might not agree with me some will. But after this loss today, you have to have this mindset this team can get to 12 wins. Lets get everyone back healthy, hopefully AC's injury is just a mild sprain, and go on an unbelievable run to finish the season. 

1 minute ago, DownHillRunner said:

Titans (8-3) final five games: vs. Cleveland at JAX vs. Detroit at Green Bay at Houston

Colts (7-4) final five games: at Houston at Las Vegas vs. Houston at Pittsburgh vs. Jax 

12/6 

Cleveland Beats Tennessee 

Colts take care of business against the Texans 

Titans 8-4, Colts 8-4 

12/13

Titans 9-4, Colts 9-4 

12/20 

Titans 10-4, Colts 10-4 

12/2

Here is the big one. Both teams going on the road against tough opponents. Lets say the Steelers have the division wrapped up. Do they rest guys like Ben to get them ready for the playoffs even with a bye? 

Titans lose to the Packers, Colts beat Steelers. At some point, the Colts have to beat the Steelers. 

Titans 10-5, Colts 11-4

Titans lose to the Texans. Watson plays spoiler. Colts beat the tanking Jags and win the AFC South!!

Titans 10-6, Colts 12-4. 

I know some might not agree with me some will. But after this loss today, you have to have this mindset this team can get to 12 wins. Lets get everyone back healthy, hopefully AC's injury is just a mild sprain, and go on an unbelievable run to finish the season. 

Even if I went the WildCard route we look ok because Miami has a brutal schedule coming up as long as we beat the Raiders.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if I went the WildCard route we look ok because Miami has a brutal schedule coming up as long as we beat the Raiders.

After seeing how the Raiders looked today, how could anyone look at them as a playoff contender? Plus, Jacobs got hurt and he's their best offensive player. 

The Colts will lose to the Steelers nd that is why this game vs. TN w so critical. TN should skate through the rest of the season. Th Texans have no running game so they are not a concern. After the Raiders never left the locker room today we will wait and see how that game goes. As it is now the Colts have little hope of inning the division now.

2 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

After seeing how the Raiders looked today, how could anyone look at them as a playoff contender? Plus, Jacobs got hurt and he's their best offensive player. 

They were beating KC last week with <1 minute left.  Mahommes led an unbelievable drive. IMO, KC's the best team in the NFL right now and OAK should have beaten them last week.  

Any given Sunday, especially this year with all the weird covid-related stuff.  We looked like an entirely different team with Buckner out.

8 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Nothing is a given but we should win that game and Miami still has to play at KC, at NE which won't be easy and at Buffalo. I can see Baltimore and Cleveland getting in and they own the tiebreak over us but we can still make the 7th seed if we go 10-6 and beat the Raiders. I just want to get in because once that happens anything can happen. 

Lack of heart today. Rivers riding the pine late. Low discipline, high penalties.  I can no longer say this team has no quit in them.  Bring on the pressers that say we dont make excuses but......Bad game.  Just bad, I think i nailed the pick 6 tho, so not unexpected... 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

The Colts just got our hopes up the last couple weeks but deep down we all know this team is a pretender. We'll be looking at a mid round pick in the draft.

It's 1 game, calm down. We are 7-4 and the Raiders got clowned on by the Matt Ryan 43-6. We will make the playoffs. We made the Titans look like crap 3 weeks ago. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing is a given but we should win that game and Miami still has to play at KC, at NE which won't be easy and at Buffalo. I can see Baltimore and Cleveland getting in and they own the tiebreak over us but we can still make the 7th seed if we go 10-6 and beat the Raiders. I just want to get in because once that happens anything can happen. 

We really need Steelers to beat  Baltimore. I still think that game night be cancelled and they might add a 8th playoff team.

This Houston game is going to be tough. Especially if Buckner isn’t back.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We really need Steelers to beat  Baltimore. I still think that game night be cancelled and they might add a 8th playoff team.

This Houston game is going to be tough. Especially if Buckner isn’t back.

Yeah Miami actually plays NE at home but that still won't be easy, they do have a tough schedule. We do need Pitt to win that game, that would help.

Some results will help the Colts regardless of who wins. 11-5 will get the Colts into the playoffs. Also, I wouldn't be counting on Buffalo as a lock to get in yet.

Colts (7-4) - Texans, Raiders, Texans, Steelers, Jaguars

Titans (8-3) - Browns, Jaguars, Lions, Packers, Texans

Browns (8-3) - Titans, Ravens, Giants, Jets Steelers

Ravens (6-4) - Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, Jaguars, Giants, Bengals

Raiders (6-5) - Jets, Colts, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos

Dolphins (6-4) - Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, Bills

Bills (7-3) - 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Dolphins

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

Some results will help the Colts regardless of who wins. 11-5 will get the Colts into the playoffs. Also, I wouldn't be counting on Buffalo as a lock to get in yet.

Colts (7-4) - Texans, Raiders, Texans, Steelers, Jaguars

Titans (8-3) - Browns, Jaguars, Lions, Packers, Texans

Browns (8-3) - Titans, Ravens, Giants, Jets Steelers

Ravens (6-4) - Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, Jaguars, Giants, Bengals

Raiders (6-5) - Jets, Colts, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos

Dolphins (6-4) - Bengals, Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, Bills

Bills (7-3) - 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Dolphins

Good post. That really does help some.

i just can’t wait for the day when we can finally have a consistent team. Be able to win 5 in a row ect. 

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

i just can’t wait for the day when we can finally have a consistent team. Be able to win 5 in a row ect. 

That probably won't happen until we have a QB that can put the team on his back when things aren't going well. Not bashing Rivers, but he's just not that guy.

17 minutes ago, coltsva said:

That probably won't happen until we have a QB that can put the team on his back when things aren't going well. Not bashing Rivers, but he's just not that guy.

You are totally bashing Rivers. Colts were 14 points down vs Packers at halftime. Packers are like 94-3 when up by 14. Rivers led that comeback and he was injured. 

6 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Titans (8-3) final five games: vs. Cleveland at JAX vs. Detroit at Green Bay at Houston.

Colts (7-4) final five games: at Houston at Las Vegas vs. Houston at Pittsburgh vs. Jax. 

12/6 

Titans 8-4, Colts 8-4. 

12/13

Titans 9-4, Colts 9-4. 

12/20 

Titans 10-4, Colts 10-4. 

12/2

Titans 10-5, Colts 11-4.

Titans 10-6, Colts 12-4. 

I'm with you on us winning division, but I have us at 11-5 just our history in last 10 years is feeling. And like you got Browns, Packers, and one Jags/Texans lost for Titans. Gotta remember Jags took them to the wire early this year and Texans game was in OT with BoB as coach

On 11/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, DownHillRunner said:

As long as KC is right on their heels for #1 in the AFC, I can't see Pittsburgh letting up in any way.

Even if the NFL adds an 8th team to the postseason field and the top seed also has to play in the Wild Card round, if you're the Steelers you still want the #1 seed so that no matter who you play, they're coming to Pittsburgh.

On 11/29/2020 at 6:12 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think we'll split against Houston and beat Jax. 

We'll need to win vs Vegas OR Pitt to get to 10-6. 

I don't know if 10-6 will get us in?

If they get to 10 wins, they're getting in.  It's almost a lock with only 6 teams.  Now there's 7.  If they get to 10 and don't get in then feel free to throw it back in my face.  But I'm pretty confident in stating that.    I think they sweep the Texans and beat the Jags to get in.  Raiders could go either way.  Don't rule out the Steelers game IF the Steelers have things wrapped up and aren't playing for anything (particularly if they lose a game).

On 11/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, DownHillRunner said:

12/6 

Titans 8-4, Colts 8-4. 

12/13

Titans 9-4, Colts 9-4. 

12/20 

Titans 10-4, Colts 10-4. 

12/2

Titans 10-5, Colts 11-4.

Titans 10-6, Colts 12-4. 

Well, I, for one - like the way you think.

Of course the HUGE wild card is the COVID thing.  That's something none of us can predict and it will affect teams at different times, including the playoffs.  As much as it affected this game, it may help the Colts next time, we just don't know.  So win as much as you can, get into the tournament, and see what happens.  So this year, more than any other, I would never count the Colts out until they're out.

18 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

If they get to 10 wins, they're getting in.  It's almost a lock with only 6 teams.  Now there's 7.  If they get to 10 and don't get in then feel free to throw it back in my face.  But I'm pretty confident in stating that.    I think they sweep the Texans and beat the Jags to get in.  Raiders could go either way.  Don't rule out the Steelers game IF the Steelers have things wrapped up and aren't playing for anything (particularly if they lose a game).

Pittsburgh may have their division locked up by Week 16, and possibly 1 of the top 2 seeds in the Conference but the only way they have the #1 seed secured by then is if Kansas City loses 2 or 3 games between now & then so they'll  still be fighting hard when they play us. 

On 11/29/2020 at 5:08 PM, Sumo63 said:

Lack of heart today. Rivers riding the pine late. Low discipline, high penalties.  I can no longer say this team has no quit in them.  Bring on the pressers that say we dont make excuses but......Bad game.  Just bad, I think i nailed the pick 6 tho, so not unexpected... 

I have to admit, this was the first time this year that I was disappointed in the guys on this team. They actually looked bored, of all things. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say it looked like they were told that the Titans were given the win by the league in this one, and they didn't have it in them to even make it look like a real game.

Now that's how it looked.

In reality, though, it did look like they, for whatever reasons, couldn't find it in them to be up emotionally for this game. And there's no other way to describe that than extremely disappointing. And as a result, it left me increasingly bored with the game as it went along. So much so that it took me three viewings to complete it. I actually fell asleep on two different occasions trying to finish it.

BLECH!!!

On 11/29/2020 at 1:55 PM, DownHillRunner said:

I could say something like this:

After seeing how the Colts  looked Sunday, how could anyone look at them as a playoff contender? Plus, Castonzo got hurt and he's our only LT. 

Just sayin. 

Depends on if you are a glass half full or half empty type.  Easy to say the Raiders are terrible but we have been beaten by good and bad teams.

27 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I could say something like this:

After seeing how the Colts  looked Sunday, how could anyone look at them as a playoff contender? Plus, Castonzo got hurt and he's our only LT. 

Just sayin. 

Depends on if you are a glass half full or half empty type.  Easy to say the Raiders are terrible but we have been beaten by good and bad teams.

Raiders just got killed by Falcons who aren't very good

On 11/29/2020 at 4:52 PM, coltfaninnewyork said:

I think the browns will not beat titans 

I could easily see the Browns beating the Titans. The Browns and the Titans are basically the exact same football team - tons of running, lots of play action passing with suspect defense. 

Browns are #1 in the NFL in rushing vs the Titans at #3  The Browns did this missing their #1 back for half the season.

Titans are #1 in play action passing yards vs the Browns at #6.

Browns defense is ranked #16 vs the Titans at #24. 

Archived