Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC has MCL injury

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Goodbye season.   Ballard hasn’t properly addressed the OT depth. Clark and Green.. just abysmal.    Hopefully Ballard knows he cocked it up.

Exactly. Geoff Schwartz adressed a similar question a year or two ago-   "What is the most difficult position switch for an offensive lineman to make on the O-line that the majority of peopl

i just wanna know how the heck you go into a game verse a division opp knowing full well that Taylor was taken from the game and not bring up any of our practice squad RB's Wilson even went down injur

1 minute ago, James said:

Goodbye season.

Ballard hasn’t properly addressed the OT depth.

Clark and Green.. just abysmal. 

Hopefully Ballard knows he cocked it up.

i just wanna know how the heck you go into a game verse a division opp knowing full well that Taylor was taken from the game and not bring up any of our practice squad RB's Wilson even went down injuring his ribs and if it wasn't for him coming back we would have had only Hines the rest of the game what was our staff thinking???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, James said:

Goodbye season.

Ballard hasn’t properly addressed the OT depth.

Clark and Green.. just abysmal. 

Hopefully Ballard knows he cocked it up.

Yeah regardless of if AC is out I think the Colts need to look at who they can bring in a LT. Despite the loss today you can't stop playing for a playoff spot. I don't see how you can move forward with Clark as your LT. (starter or back-up)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

He also said Branden Smith was good to go last week and missed the game.

That’s true but it’s still better than him saying “it doesn’t look good”. Like I said it’s a little good news.  It doesn’t mean the Colts dodged the bullet though.

10 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Can Pinter play RT and move smith to LT?

9 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Can we move Braden smith to left tackle and anyone but Clark at right ?

I joked earlier this week that the above might be less crazy than some think.

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Have Q play two positions then.  Ugh. 

Q could also play LT, and sub in for LG. We have better sub options at G than T.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I said it in another thread.  Ballard needs to sign a veteran tackle off a practice squad.  The quickest way to get help IMO.  No need to shuffle players around.  Clark won't cut it.  No messing around this late in the middle of a playoff push.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/prince-wanogho/32195741-4e53-2090-9e0a-56f56bf22fa9

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That would be good news.  He had one of these a few years ago and missed one game I think.  He’s tough cookie and if he can play he will.  AC is so underrated.

Hopefully a few rest days and a brace for a little extra protection and he's good to go.  

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the mcl sprain isn’t bad he could play Sunday. His position wouldn’t be as hard as another position.

Chloe, OL and DL are among the most physical positions in all of sports - which is why those guys are so big.

And they are transferring enormous amounts of energy through their various joints (including the knee) as they anchor down and battle with 275+ lb elite athletes that can run sub-5 second 40-yard dashes.

And that's in addition to the knee having to support AC's weight as he moves laterally in his pass sets or drives forward when run blocking.

All that said, if it's a sprain, he would be able to play with a brace, but he may need to sit out for a while until the swelling goes down.  If he is able to play this season, Sunday would be highly unlikely.  May be 1-2 weeks, at minimum.