Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The good news is the raiders aren’t officially eliminated. Carr has a chance to play with the extra days.

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought Mariota looked ok myself, I mean it is possible. Miami will be favored but we will see.

I'd rather see a healthy Marcus Mariota against the Phins than a  Derek Carr with hurt ribs - after all, Mariota is a better runner which makes him harder to defend against.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Think about this for a second 

Colts could possibly get as high as 2nd seed or 3rd im not sure or be eliminated in 2 weeks 

To get the #2 seed we would need the following to happen:

1. Win out and Ten lose a game

2. Bills to lose out

3. Browns to go 1-1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are only 2 teams in the SB era that failed to make the playoffs while going at least 11-5. That was the 1985 Broncos and 2008 Pats. If we go 11-5 and miss getting in that will stink. Especially with 7 teams getting in. 11-5 would still be a very good season but no playoffs would make me puke.

Sooo you're telling me that.. (run on sentence coming up) the loss to the Jags in week one that had us ALL in shambles and had people on here telling us to calm down its only week one we have 15 weeks left can POTENTIALLY be our demise?! :lol: 

LOL i hope this season doesn't come full circle! Lets just win out guys. Pitt looks horrible, but I can't remember the last time we beat them. Was it 2005? before our CB ran the wrong way allowing Ben to shoelace tackle him? I'll be ready for Sunday!! The gameday thread will be lit!!

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Sooo you're telling me that.. (run on sentence coming up) the loss to the Jags in week one that had us ALL in shambles and had people on here telling us to calm down its only week one we have 15 weeks left can POTENTIALLY be our demise?! :lol: 

LOL i hope this season doesn't come full circle! Lets just win out guys. Pitt looks horrible, but I can't remember the last time we beat them. Was it 2005? before our CB ran the wrong way allowing Ben to shoelace tackle him? I'll be ready for Sunday!! The gameday thread will be lit!!

I still think we make the playoffs, the chances of Miami beating the Bills is around 25% IMO if we do need help. If we win out, we are in no matter what happens. We beat Pitt in 2008 but that is the last time, so it has been a while.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we make the playoffs, the chances of Miami beating the Bills is around 25% IMO if we do need help. If we win out, we are in no matter what happens. We beat Pitt in 2008 but that is the last time, so it has been a while.

I honestly think so too. And 2008? oooooh that game we had no business winning but won like 9 in a row to only lose to the charers punter:lol: It's all coming back now. ( I HATED Rivers for so long)

Dang, I can't wait for Saturday night and Sunday now! Lets goooooo!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it’s not far fetched for the AFC to have all divisional games in round one.

Miami wins out 7th seed

Buffalo win v NE, loss to Miami 2nd seed

Colts Win out 5th seed

Tenn wins out 4th seed

Cleveland wins out 3rd seed

Pitt loses out 6th seed

Someone clarify for me:

Wouldn't it be preferred for the Colts to get the #3 or # 6 seed over the 4 or 5 seed???

Say we get the 6th seed. 

We'll play the Steelers first(most likely), and the winner of the Bills/Dolphins or Bills/Ravens.

The matchups are better, and we avoid KC. 
We have a chance at a home game if the Dolphins or Ravens win as well. 

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Someone clarify for me:

Wouldn't it be preferred for the Colts to get the #3 or # 6 seed over the 4 or 5 seed???

Say we get the 6th seed. 

We'll play the Steelers first(most likely), and the winner of the Bills/Dolphins or Bills/Ravens.

The matchups are better, and we avoid KC. 
We have a chance at a home game if the Dolphins or Ravens win as well. 

Could be wrong but #6 seed doesn't guarantee missing KC.

I believe #1 seed plays the lowest seed remaining after Wild Card round.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

At this point I don’t care what seed we are.  Just want to make the playoffs. Praying so hard for a raiders win tomorrow because no having smith and possibly no AC it’s not looking good for the colts.

I would like Raiders win too but the bottom line is Colts have to take care of themselves. 

If they do that the rest will take care of itself!

A Raiders win will just ease people's mind. I would like to see it too but I will say once again if we do happen to lose Sunday, Miami isn't beating Buffalo so I still won't be worried. We will beat Jacks as well. If Pitt beats us Sunday, Buffalo will have to go all out because the 2 seed will be on the line. What the 2 seed gives a team is HFA in their 1st 2 playoff games. Believe me Buffalo would rather play at home than on the road.

Archived