Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor on reserve/COVID list & Kelly ruled out. (Merge)

Smoke317

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CR91 said:

Taylor is not the biggest concern. I'm more worried about Kelly. Pinter starting against Simmons. That's a tall task for the Rookie's first start.

taylor should be a huge concern because who he is in contact with , other running backs and QB offensive line men .    taylor practiced friday so the whole team is in danger now . 

Just now, CR91 said:

Taylor is not the biggest concern. I'm more worried about Kelly. Pinter starting against Simmons. That's a tall task for the Rookie's first start.

It’s a matchup I’m looking forward to seeing though. Pinter didn’t have a normal offseason, but he has been with this team for double digit regular season games and had some playing time. I think he could surprise a lot of people. 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

taylor should be a huge concern because who he is in contact with , other running backs and QB offensive line men .    taylor practiced friday so the whole team is in danger now . 

It would be great if this game was postponed, and became our last game of the season.

All NFL fans would benefit from it...

Funny how the NFL won't reschedule our game.

They've bent over backwards to help the Ravens and Titans, even though the Titans were caught violating protocols.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It’s going to impact every team. It’s hitting us now though 

But when it impacts (certain) other teams, the NFL reschedules.

After all the cattle feces the Titans got away with in regards to Covid, we should at least be considered for delaying our game. Our two best DL players and our starting RB are out due to this. Meanwhile, Tenn basically ignored all protocols and got away with it back in September. If we win this game without JT, Autry, Buckner, Kelly, and Okereke, we deserve this division.

• w87r changed the title to Taylor on reserve/COVID list & Kelly ruled out. (Merge)
2 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

They've bent over backwards to help the Ravens and Titans, even though the Titans were caught violating protocols.

We are possibly on the verge of the game getting pushed to Monday or Tuesday. If the situation gets worse then who knows?

Just now, coming on strong said:

that wont help at all .  colts already had their bye week so unless they move the playoffs back one week colts have zero shot at getting out of this game .

Yeah. That is what I was referring too. Earlier this year, I heard many people in the media say that the NFL was keeping the option of an extra regular season week on the schedule, and pushing the playoffs back. 

I think a case could be made for this game. Plus it’s in the NFL’s best interest. This could be a great game for the extra week. Division title would likely be on the line. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. That is what I was referring too. Earlier this year, I heard many people in the media say that the NFL was keeping the option of an extra regular season week on the schedule, and pushing the playoffs back. 

I think a case could be made for this game. Plus it’s in the NFL’s best interest. This could be a great game for the extra week. Division title would likely be on the line. 

i really hope so , fair is fair .  the titans got a huge break now its the colts turn because another 5 or 6 players could be held out for being in close contact to taylor .    colts already have 3 players on covid list now and a coach and possibly 5 or more players could be in close contact.

14 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

This, right here. The NFL did everything they could to protect Tenn for three weeks of Covid, and they have also worked with Baltimore. Somehow I wouldn’t be surprised if we got zero help from them.

if the colts can get by the next two weeks things will go back to normal .   taylor has to be held out for 2 weeks if he test positive and has symptoms.   autry buckner and taylor will be back for raiders along  with bobby and kelly .  this team will be at full strength . the only good thing is titans and texans are beat up also .

With this team practicing together on Friday there is no way this game should go ahead. To much risk.

Unfortunately though, I don't think the NFL cares as much as they would want you/us to think.

As mentioned before inna different thread, there has been quite a few games that should've been postponed, but they chose to play them as to not effect the end of the schedule.

NFL has already closed facilities on Monday and Tuesday because of outbreaks and fear of Thanksgiving cases.

An additional week is definitely the way to go, unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Just now, coming on strong said:

i really hope so , fair is fair .  the titans got a huge break now its the colts turn because another 5 or 6 players could be held out for being in close contact to taylor .    colts already have 3 players on covid list now and a coach and possibly 5 or more players could be in close contact.

I am just giving my best educated guess... But if positive cases on the Colts or Titans continue then I think the first step is the NFL would move the game to Monday or Tuesday. Then if the situations gets worse, they might move this game to week 18. 

Just now, w87r said:

With this team practicing together on Friday there is no way this game should go ahead. To much risk.

Unfortunately though, I don't think the NFL cares as much as they would want you to think.

As mentioned before inna different thread, there has been quite a few games that should've been postponed, but they chose to play them as to not affect the end of the schedule.

NFL has already closed facilities on Monday and Tuesday because of outbreaks and fear of Thanksgiving cases.

An additional week is definitely the way to go, unfortunately I don't see it happening.

bingo !!

As more info comes in it seems like Colts may not need to play this week.  Seems to be a definite situation that needs to be properly handled before it gets bigger. Hopefully NFL reschedules or cancels this game but like others here it wouldn’t surprise me if the NFL just lets us suffer through it and lose games playing with a COVID depleted roster.  They never do this franchise any favors. 

We’re about to find out what kind of depth Ballard has built on this roster... I know they are big hits, but we still have a great deal of our main playmakers on the field in Leonard, Blackmon, Rhodes, Houston. Stewart absolutely wrecked Henry a few times last game. Pinter could be the latest rookie to show his game off in a big game. Taylor obviously hurts after he played well. 
I think we are in for a dog fight, but this game could show how resilient this team really is. 

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Anyone else concerned about the long term future of Ryan Kelly. Neck injuries are no joke.

Most of the time, he’s out every season with neck injuries, I’m observing. Because of the additional  turnaround between snapping the ball and playing DL unlike other OL, I’d like to guess there’s more whiplash like scenarios for centers more than the other OL.

Kelly and Buckner are the 2 biggest losses for this game. If the Titans have wins vs Browns and Ravens and win this game, we’re toast for the division. Our fate will be in the hand of others moving forward if we lose this game.

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

We’re about to find out what kind of depth Ballard has built on this roster... I know they are big hits, but we still have a great deal of our main playmakers on the field in Leonard, Blackmon, Rhodes, Houston. Stewart absolutely wrecked Henry a few times last game. Pinter could be the latest rookie to show his game off in a big game. Taylor obviously hurts after he played well. 
I think we are in for a dog fight, but this game could show how resilient this team really is. 

Stewart benefits from Buckner.

This will probably end any hopes of a playoff spot.

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if the colts can get by the next two weeks things will go back to normal .   taylor has to be held out for 2 weeks if he test positive and has symptoms.   autry buckner and taylor will be back for raiders along  with bobby and kelly .  this team will be at full strength . the only good thing is titans and texans are beat up also .

We are screwed. A loss tomorrow probably means no playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are screwed. A loss tomorrow probably means no playoffs.

a loss then the colts are only one game back from division .  ravens are losing lamar for two weeks they will go 6-5  colts with a lose and ravens and dolphins loss are still in the playoffs .     autry is back next week buckner could be back also .    its only 3 players got covid .  

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Browns and Ravens - only 1 of them make it, a loss in this game closes doors for the division but not playoff spot, IMO

Are you forgetting about the raiders and dolphins. Lol. Raiders are a damn good team. 

If this season goes down the tubes because of covid Rivers defiantly needs to come back.

Archived