Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chucky And Luck(Y)

Smonroe

He understands that he's very talented and deserves to be picked first, yet also understands that he'll be far from the best in the NFL when he starts and that he's got a lot to go, and that he certainly doesn't deserve to be treated as a superhuman. The perfect mixture of confidence without arrogance that is the perfect recipe for NFL success.

He understands that he's very talented and deserves to be picked first, yet also understands that he'll be far from the best in the NFL when he starts and that he's got a lot to go, and that he certainly doesn't deserve to be treated as a superhuman. The perfect mixture of confidence without arrogance that is the perfect recipe for NFL success.

I hope Christiansen, Arians and Pagano will be suitably impressed at training camp.

I hope Christiansen, Arians and Pagano will be suitably impressed at training camp.

Arians did pretty well with Peyton even though we were 3-13. Christianson is not my fav, but working with Manning has to 'rub off' on you for all of these years. With Pagano at the helm for motivation, I am looking SOOOOO forward the analyzing Luck's development.

Hopefully Luck will remember that this year. Take what is given to you. Don't try to force the ball. Else it will be a long year watching him learn those lessons. Peyton learned those lessons his first year...what windows he could get the ball into and what he couldn't. Luck is very similar in that he doesn't have that great an arm either and will learn very quickly that he has to take the open receiver and move the ball. Sounds like he knows that but he just has to stick to it. I like his answers and but sometimes his demeanor just comes off a little to laid back. I like my qb to have that killer mentality and for him to be so "whatever will be will be" talk just doesn't sit to well with me. Hopefully he is just trying to be PC right now but I pray he has a little more aggression and passion in him. I'm sure it is there but I just haven't seen it yet. Could use a little of that Peyton "If you don't pick me I'm going to beat your butt for the next 15 years". That "Such is life" crap really wears on me when I want my QB that will be picking up the mantle to carry forward for an organization that has such a winning tradition over the past decade to be a little more enthusiastic about the opportunity to prove himself and take a team to be greater. I know he has to make his own legacy...I just want to see that "fire" in his eyes...that hunger for perfection and excellence that I have experienced from that leadership position for so long. I am sure it is there...hopefully he will let it out a little more.

Hopefully Luck will remember that this year. Take what is given to you. Don't try to force the ball. Else it will be a long year watching him learn those lessons. Peyton learned those lessons his first year...what windows he could get the ball into and what he couldn't. Luck is very similar in that he doesn't have that great an arm either and will learn very quickly that he has to take the open receiver and move the ball. Sounds like he knows that but he just has to stick to it. I like his answers and but sometimes his demeanor just comes off a little to laid back. I like my qb to have that killer mentality and for him to be so "whatever will be will be" talk just doesn't sit to well with me. Hopefully he is just trying to be PC right now but I pray he has a little more aggression and passion in him. I'm sure it is there but I just haven't seen it yet. Could use a little of that Peyton "If you don't pick me I'm going to beat your butt for the next 15 years". That "Such is life" crap really wears on me when I want my QB that will be picking up the mantle to carry forward for an organization that has such a winning tradition over the past decade to be a little more enthusiastic about the opportunity to prove himself and take a team to be greater. I know he has to make his own legacy...I just want to see that "fire" in his eyes...that hunger for perfection and excellence that I have experienced from that leadership position for so long. I am sure it is there...hopefully he will let it out a little more.

I think his answers that you call too laid back are perfect for the situation.

He can control only that which he has control.

He does not control who the Colts will pick. Such is life, and it would be inappropriate to threaten a team to kick their butts if they don't pick him. That is not his personality, nor should it be, IMO.

He is plenty competitive, and demonstrates his fire and will to win on the field. Take a look at what he does when he is behind in a game. He turns into beast mode, and begins to complete at a percentage previously unheard of.

I don't know about you, but I prefer a leader who does not jabber to the point of arrogance, but instead, shows what he is all about on the field.

Luck is full of fire, he's just very subdued in front of cameras. If things aren't going his way in a game you'll see that fire - not uncontrolled temper tantrums but passion and determination. It's nothing to worry about, I'm certain.

Luck is full of fire, he's just very subdued in front of cameras. If things aren't going his way in a game you'll see that fire - not uncontrolled temper tantrums but passion and determination. It's nothing to worry about, I'm certain.

I think you're correct. Those Gruden segments are strictly for entertainment. Gruden is never going to come out of one giving the impression that the QB isn't talented enough. So I don't take much from them.

I'm more impressed with Luck the more I see him. He and RG3 are both going to be great QBs in the NFL. RG3 may have a better personality for marketing, but that's little concern to football fans.

I'm excited about this season and as long as we show continued improvement I won't be upset if we go 3-13. I think with Luck we'll have plenty of great years.