Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turkey Day Game Discussion

Is it just me or do the announcers come off as lethargic?? 

They don't raise their voice or show excitement even on plays like the JJ Watt pick 6. If they do, it's very minimal.

I feel like it gets worse every year. But, especially this year. 

5 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

Would love to see Washington come away with a win today. Rooting for Alex Smith to make it back to the playoffs. 

I would love that. All those former Washington fans who are Cousins fans never had anything good to say about Smith, even when it seemed he was leading his team to a division win before his injury. 

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He and his wife helped provide weather gear to Detroit youth and provide funds for 100,000 meals

Lol

I thoughy you were talking about the TD he had just scored at that point.

He has 2 Tds now.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol

I thoughy you were talking about the TD he had just scored at that point.

He has 2 Tds now.

That is what I initially thought. I thought he achieved a milestone of some sort.

AP should be a first ballot HoFer. The Vikes have had so many inducted into the HoF in the last several years yet no Super Bowl to show for it. This year Jared Allen is among the finalists. He won't be first ballot but he may get in some day. Charles Woodson and Peyton are in first ballot, of course. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hopefully the Colts 

Patricia should be fired

Why can a safety never roll on time against Will Fuller? If I see Eberflus doing that going 1-on-1 vs Fuller, I'd be mad. They go empty backfield most of the time and Watson throws 2/3rd of the time. I'd force them to run by giving them run lanes, being able to rush four and generate pressure on Watson is important. If you blitz, blitz from the slot and not from the corner and make sure you never give up that deep ball for long completions. 

Will Fuller - 4 out of 5 years, he comes down with hammy issues and in a contract year, he does all the off season work to not miss more than 1 game ( a miracle given his history) and he is going to cash in. I wonder what he will do if he gets a big contract, tighten his hammy again? But then, I am salty because for 2 out of his first 4 years, I lost because he underachieved for me in fantasy when I needed him most in the playoffs and now he gives this mammoth season.  :thmdown:

Hope he comes down to earth vs the Bears and Colts in the fantasy playoffs. :) 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The lions clearly have a coaching issue. They should be better then this with all the high draft picks they get.  Watson makes me very nervous in two weeks. This will be a game where we need to blitz a ton.

don't focus on texans yet 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

don't focus on texans yet 

I’ve never understood this line of thought from fans.  I mean we are fans we can look at whatever we want if we look ahead it has zero impact on the game.  Now if the Colts are looking a head to the Texans that’s a different story but I highly doubt they are.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve never understood this line of thought from fans.  I mean we are fans we can look at whatever we want if we look ahead it has zero impact on the game.  Now if the Colts are looking a head to the Texans that’s a different story but I highly doubt they are.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch Colts haven't even beat Titans and some are worried about Texans. No need yet. 1 week at a time!

22 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch Colts haven't even beat Titans and some are worried about Texans. No need yet. 1 week at a time!

I mean that’s the thing it doesn’t matter if we do.  I get it from a superstitious standpoint but we have no impact on the game.  We can look ahead and play out scenarios as much as we want.  

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Man that was nice from Sweat. 

Really wanted him in the 2019 draft.

But we got another 2nd for it and got Pittman and Banogu... :) 

Ballard being a first time GM shows an evolution of his picks, from high potential players with lesser college production to 2020 draft where he valued college production more and it has shown.

• Like 1
Just now, chad72 said:

But we got another 2nd for it and got RYS and Banogu... :) 

Happy with Rock. Not so happy with Banogu.

If he doesn't show something by next year's camp, I could see us parting ways. 

Sweat has 6 sacks /19 pressures this year, and is developing nicely. 

That ties our leading sacker (Autry) and is more pressures than Buchner.

15 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Patricia should be fired

I wonder if the new owner (still Ford Family) will be as patient as Martha Ford and the late William Clay Ford.

They should be playing better than they have been.

• Like 1