Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

10 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

tenor.gif

Well we shall c who is right at end of season

17 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I bet you are 1000% wrong.

Nelson is the biggest name in the league at G, and it's not even close.  A "bad" Nelson (that gets called for ticky-tack holds that happen on every single NFL play) is still better than 90% of the guards in the NFL.

Your hot-take posts are getting very tiresome.  :scorebad:

Well lets c who is right at end of season

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its amazing to watch the absolute spiraling when there's no actual determination on whether he'll play or not and if any of the guys held out for "illness" are also in any danger of missing time.

Go away Covid... nobody likes you.

Sounds like this week is going to be a war of attrition before the starting whistle.  Buckner being out isn't good news for trying to take down Henry. But the Titans lost Jayon Brown for the season on a really cheap shot on a meaningless play last week and he was our "green dot" guy on defense. So a defense that already had problems gets worse.

On offense, we were hoping to get Adam Humphries back as our go-to slot receiver but he didn't make it off of concussion protocol and will miss his third game (he was taken out by a horrible flagrant cheap shot weeks ago). But A.J. Brown and Cory Davis are both playing well and so are the tight ends. Our O'line is being held together by duct tape and bailing wire.  3rd left tackle! But at least we should get Roger Saffold back as LG this week. If we can limit the hits on Tannehill, then that's a win.  But against the #1 defense in the league, it will be a tall order.

One thing that hasn't been talked about much....we spotted you guys 17 special teams points the last time.  Totally changed the makeup of the contest. I can't see that happening twice.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Sounds like this week is going to be a war of attrition before the starting whistle.  Buckner being out isn't good news for trying to take down Henry. But the Titans lost Jayon Brown for the season on a really cheap shot on a meaningless play last week and he was our "green dot" guy on defense. So a defense that already had problems gets worse.

On offense, we were hoping to get Adam Humphries back as our go-to slot receiver but he didn't make it off of concussion protocol and will miss his third game (he was taken out by a horrible flagrant cheap shot weeks ago). But A.J. Brown and Cory Davis are both playing well and so are the tight ends. Our O'line is being held together by duct tape and bailing wire.  3rd left tackle! But at least we should get Roger Saffold back as LG this week. If we can limit the hits on Tannehill, then that's a win.  But against the #1 defense in the league, it will be a tall order.

One thing that hasn't been talked about much....we spotted you guys 17 special teams points the last time.  Totally changed the makeup of the contest. I can't see that happening twice.

Likely correct but there are 3 phases of football. Hopefully your punting situation was squared up. 

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well we shall c who is right at end of season

Well lets c who is right at end of season

Just make sure and come back and admit when/if you're wrong.

Might earn you a little more respect around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hope they win. But I am also realistic realizing without Autry and Buckner this is going to be s very tough game. I never said they would lose. Just that I don’t like our chances very well. This isn’t about losing Buckner but not having Autry either. We are ok without one but both?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

Not bad takes, but I would think the loss of Buckner will impact the Colts defense much more than the Titans missing Brown at LB. Not to mention the Colts will also be missing their young stud LB in Bobby Okereke for this game too. He is every bit as good as Jayon. Also missing Autry is huge with Buckner already out. Indy basically will have no one to play the 3tech DT spot which is so vital to this defense. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Not bad takes, but I would think the loss of Buckner will impact the Colts defense much more than the Titans missing Brown at LB. Not to mention the Colts will also be missing their young stud LB in Bobby Okereke for this game too. He is every bit as good as Jayon. Also missing Autry is huge with Buckner already out. Indy basically will have no one to play the 3tech DT spot which is so vital to this defense. 

The stellar defense of Indy can stand the loss of Buckner, as great as he is, and still be formidable to most NFL teams. Of course, Derrick Henry doesn't have to face a guy even larger than he is, not that he'd care much. Most teams have figured out how to stop Henry, at least in the beginning. Stack the box on obvious run plays and look to shoot the gap to get his legs wrapped in the backfield before he can get up a head of steam. That often works for the first half of play.  The problem is that Henry doesn't tire easily and the defense usually wears out before he does. So it's not unusual for Henry to pick up most of his yards after the half, like last week. Of course, if the Titans fall behind a lot by the end of the 3rd, Henry becomes irrelevant as Tannehill is forced to pass on most downs (which happened in the last Colts-Titans match).

Whatever happens, the winner of the contest owns the AFC South and will be likely to win it, although there is still plenty of December football still to be played.

15 hours ago, Shive said:

I feel the need to reiterate this. We've beat TN without Buckner and while he's an amazing force on the inside, we've got some solid depth at DL that can step in. I think Grover and Stallworth can shut down the inside run game pretty well and rotating Lewis (potentially Autry) inside will help bolster the interior pressure

I'm also assuming with TN starting a 3rd string T, they'll need to consistently give him help, which should give the rest of the DL one-on-one mmatches.

At this point, we should be wishing Buckner and his family well, then just believing in our DL depth.

Yeah but they beat a much different TEN team...with Mariota at QB...by 2 points in Week 2.

Not saying they can’t win...just that the TEN win last year isn’t really a good example.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Yeah but they beat a much different TEN team...with Mariota at QB...by 2 points in Week 2.

Not saying they can’t win...just that the TEN win last year isn’t really a good example.

21 days and 1 regular season game after Luck sprang his retirement on everyone including the 52 other guys on the team?

That would be a decent example of a win under adverse circumstances, no? :dunno:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

21 days and 1 regular season game after Luck sprang his retirement on everyone including the 52 other guys on the team?

That would be a decent example of a win under adverse circumstances, no? :dunno:

Whenever JB wins some don't care, JB was the starter at Tennessee and won but (in my sarcasm voice it was despite him lmao )

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Different teams.   I don't think beating the Titans in week 2 of last season means anything to the outcome of tomorrows game.  We may win and we may lose.   I see it as a toss up with the Titans having a slight edge.  

Go Colts!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Different teams.   I don't think beating the Titans in week 2 of last season means anything to the outcome of tomorrows game.  We may win and we may lose.   I see it as a toss up with the Titans having a slight edge.  

Go Colts!

Sure..... the game needs to be played out.... but I’d be surprised if game film from last year’s games and the game two weeks ago wasn’t studied by Reich and the staff for game planning.

Especially for guys subbing in on defense tomorrow to familiarize themselves with the Titans/Henry’s tendencies.

At least I hope so.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, coming on strong said:

the problem is its not just buckner look at that injury list ....    with autry out too thats two of the best defensive lineman out .  rivers is hurt and limping while blackmon and and rock are out too.  half of the wrs are banged up also

Blackmon and Rock aren't out.  Nothing official announced. Colts are officially missing about 3 starters from front seven in Buckner, Autry, and Okereke. Several other players are questionable and still could play. Titans actually have more players officially out for this one.  

I expect the Colts to compete hard with who is available. If they drop

this one it hurts but it's good that they won the first game. Most of us expected to split with the Titans anyway at the beginning if the season. If we win on Sunday it's gravy. As long as Buckner, Autry, etc. are available for rest if the playoff push then we should hopefully be fine.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Blackmon and Rock aren't out.  Nothing official announced. Colts are officially missing about 3 starters from front seven in Buckner, Autry, and Okereke. Several other players are questionable and still could play. Titans actually have more players officially out for this one.  

I expect the Colts to compete hard with who is available. If they drop

this one it hurts but it's good that they won the first game. Most of us expected to split with the Titans anyway at the beginning if the season. If we win on Sunday it's gravy. As long as Buckner, Surry etc are available for rest if the playoff push then we should hopefully

be fine.

You guys were gracious to us after beating us so Go Colts this week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

colts need to activate someone from practice squad to be behind lewis .    the good news is lewis has been playing very well at the 3 technique for us .   at line backer the colts are the deepest at any position i am not worried at all with speed and franklin who both are very solid .   i dont think this is that bad lewis would be a starter on many teams only because buckner is the second best defensive tackle in the nfl .   the colts are also deep at pass rusher .  Just the depth at defensive tackle bothers me

Just now, coming on strong said:

colts need to activate someone from practice squad to be behind lewis .    the good news is lewis has been playing very well at the 3 technique for us .   at line backer the colts are the deepest at any position i am not worried at all with speed and franklin who both are very solid .   i dont think this is that bad lewis would be a starter on many teams only because buckner is the second best defensive tackle in the nfl .   the colts are also deep at pass rusher .  Just the depth at defensive tackle bothers me

Was Rodgers sacked last Sunday? I think we did a lot of holding too lol.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Windsor was called up.

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont get why the colts hate shelton day so much .  he was a very solid rotation piece by the 49ers and much better then windsor . putting day behind lewis gives the colts depth

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

danny pintor was a beast in college its better to play him at center and let kelly heal .  green played so well last week for smith , clark got dominated the first 3 plays then got benched .

So Pinter was a beast and Day is much better than Windsor even though Pinter and Windsor were literally both drafted in the 5th round? That's a stretch. I bet you would of said Hooker was better than Blackmon and complained about it if Blackmon started the year over Hooker if he was healthy.

Day was injured all the time and they released him. I didn't think he'd make the 53. We have no idea if Windsor is better or worse because we have very little sample size on him. Same with Pinter to like him enough to start over Kelly (even if he is hurt). 

4 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Part of it was you played the best team in football LOL only joking.

Rodgers is very good at avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly. Pretty good O-Line as well.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So Pinter was a beast and Day is much better than Windsor even though Pinter and Windsor were literally both drafted in the 5th round? That's a stretch. I bet you would of said Hooker was better than Blackmon and complained about it if Blackmon started the year over Hooker if he was healthy.

Day was injured all the time and they released him. I didn't think he'd make the 53. We have no idea if Windsor is better or worse because we have very little sample size on him. Same with Pinter to like him enough to start over Kelly (even if he is hurt). 

Rodgers is very good at avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly. Pretty good O-Line as well.

i am not a hooker fan at all so nope .   windsor just doesnt impress me its just my opinion .  he reminds me of that white pass rusher grigson took in the first round  werner  .   he is solid but nothing special .   pintor is underrated and because of needs sometimes people slip further down .  

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

there is a reason pintor stayed on the 53 man roster and never got cut .   windsor got cut and gave teams a chance to take him , with pintor ballard would not dare .

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

there is a reason pintor stayed on the 53 man roster and never got cut .   windsor got cut and gave teams a chance to take him , with pintor ballard would not dare .

Ballard loved Pinter, he tried to trade up for him repeatedly and couldn't. Windsor was more or less released and put on the practice squad due to D-Line depth. Lewis looked good in training camp, we got Stallworth off waivers, Buckner obviously. That shouldn't make your opinion though by watching what Ballard did, even the most casual fan can sound smart doing that and I know you are smarter than that.

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i am not a hooker fan at all so nope .   windsor just doesnt impress me its just my opinion .  he reminds me of that white pass rusher grigson took in the first round  werner  .   he is solid but nothing special .   pintor is underrated and because of needs sometimes people slip further down .  

Windsor shouldn’t impress you much — yet.  He’s barely played at all after being on the PS all season.  He was drafted in the top of the 6th round.   He’s a project.   But he does have an elite trait — effort.  A motor that runs hot all the time.   Good coaching can do something with that skill set.

If you’re going to to be fair to the kid then give him a chance.  And I’m not just talking about this weekend.   I’m also talking about the rest if this year, and all of next.  Give him a chance.   Don’t decide on what he is before he’s even had a chance to show you....

Just food for thought. 

• Like 2