Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

tenor.gif

Well we shall c who is right at end of season

17 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I bet you are 1000% wrong.

 

Nelson is the biggest name in the league at G, and it's not even close.  A "bad" Nelson (that gets called for ticky-tack holds that happen on every single NFL play) is still better than 90% of the guards in the NFL.

 

Your hot-take posts are getting very tiresome.  :scorebad:

Well lets c who is right at end of season

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its amazing to watch the absolute spiraling when there's no actual determination on whether he'll play or not and if any of the guys held out for "illness" are also in any danger of missing time.

Go away Covid... nobody likes you.

Sounds like this week is going to be a war of attrition before the starting whistle.  Buckner being out isn't good news for trying to take down Henry. But the Titans lost Jayon Brown for the season on a really cheap shot on a meaningless play last week and he was our "green dot" guy on defense. So a defense that already had problems gets worse.

 

On offense, we were hoping to get Adam Humphries back as our go-to slot receiver but he didn't make it off of concussion protocol and will miss his third game (he was taken out by a horrible flagrant cheap shot weeks ago). But A.J. Brown and Cory Davis are both playing well and so are the tight ends. Our O'line is being held together by duct tape and bailing wire.  3rd left tackle! But at least we should get Roger Saffold back as LG this week. If we can limit the hits on Tannehill, then that's a win.  But against the #1 defense in the league, it will be a tall order.

 

One thing that hasn't been talked about much....we spotted you guys 17 special teams points the last time.  Totally changed the makeup of the contest. I can't see that happening twice.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Sounds like this week is going to be a war of attrition before the starting whistle.  Buckner being out isn't good news for trying to take down Henry. But the Titans lost Jayon Brown for the season on a really cheap shot on a meaningless play last week and he was our "green dot" guy on defense. So a defense that already had problems gets worse.

 

On offense, we were hoping to get Adam Humphries back as our go-to slot receiver but he didn't make it off of concussion protocol and will miss his third game (he was taken out by a horrible flagrant cheap shot weeks ago). But A.J. Brown and Cory Davis are both playing well and so are the tight ends. Our O'line is being held together by duct tape and bailing wire.  3rd left tackle! But at least we should get Roger Saffold back as LG this week. If we can limit the hits on Tannehill, then that's a win.  But against the #1 defense in the league, it will be a tall order.

 

One thing that hasn't been talked about much....we spotted you guys 17 special teams points the last time.  Totally changed the makeup of the contest. I can't see that happening twice.

Likely correct but there are 3 phases of football. Hopefully your punting situation was squared up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well we shall c who is right at end of season

Well lets c who is right at end of season

Just make sure and come back and admit when/if you're wrong.

 

 

Might earn you a little more respect around here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they win. But I am also realistic realizing without Autry and Buckner this is going to be s very tough game. I never said they would lose. Just that I don’t like our chances very well. This isn’t about losing Buckner but not having Autry either. We are ok without one but both?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

Sounds like this week is going to be a war of attrition before the starting whistle.  Buckner being out isn't good news for trying to take down Henry. But the Titans lost Jayon Brown for the season on a really cheap shot on a meaningless play last week and he was our "green dot" guy on defense. So a defense that already had problems gets worse.

 

On offense, we were hoping to get Adam Humphries back as our go-to slot receiver but he didn't make it off of concussion protocol and will miss his third game (he was taken out by a horrible flagrant cheap shot weeks ago). But A.J. Brown and Cory Davis are both playing well and so are the tight ends. Our O'line is being held together by duct tape and bailing wire.  3rd left tackle! But at least we should get Roger Saffold back as LG this week. If we can limit the hits on Tannehill, then that's a win.  But against the #1 defense in the league, it will be a tall order.

 

One thing that hasn't been talked about much....we spotted you guys 17 special teams points the last time.  Totally changed the makeup of the contest. I can't see that happening twice.


Not bad takes, but I would think the loss of Buckner will impact the Colts defense much more than the Titans missing Brown at LB. Not to mention the Colts will also be missing their young stud LB in Bobby Okereke for this game too. He is every bit as good as Jayon. Also missing Autry is huge with Buckner already out. Indy basically will have no one to play the 3tech DT spot which is so vital to this defense. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BProland85 said:


Not bad takes, but I would think the loss of Buckner will impact the Colts defense much more than the Titans missing Brown at LB. Not to mention the Colts will also be missing their young stud LB in Bobby Okereke for this game too. He is every bit as good as Jayon. Also missing Autry is huge with Buckner already out. Indy basically will have no one to play the 3tech DT spot which is so vital to this defense. 

 

The stellar defense of Indy can stand the loss of Buckner, as great as he is, and still be formidable to most NFL teams. Of course, Derrick Henry doesn't have to face a guy even larger than he is, not that he'd care much. Most teams have figured out how to stop Henry, at least in the beginning. Stack the box on obvious run plays and look to shoot the gap to get his legs wrapped in the backfield before he can get up a head of steam. That often works for the first half of play.  The problem is that Henry doesn't tire easily and the defense usually wears out before he does. So it's not unusual for Henry to pick up most of his yards after the half, like last week. Of course, if the Titans fall behind a lot by the end of the 3rd, Henry becomes irrelevant as Tannehill is forced to pass on most downs (which happened in the last Colts-Titans match).

 

Whatever happens, the winner of the contest owns the AFC South and will be likely to win it, although there is still plenty of December football still to be played.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shive said:

I feel the need to reiterate this. We've beat TN without Buckner and while he's an amazing force on the inside, we've got some solid depth at DL that can step in. I think Grover and Stallworth can shut down the inside run game pretty well and rotating Lewis (potentially Autry) inside will help bolster the interior pressure

 

I'm also assuming with TN starting a 3rd string T, they'll need to consistently give him help, which should give the rest of the DL one-on-one mmatches.

 

At this point, we should be wishing Buckner and his family well, then just believing in our DL depth.


Yeah but they beat a much different TEN team...with Mariota at QB...by 2 points in Week 2.

 

Not saying they can’t win...just that the TEN win last year isn’t really a good example.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shasta519 said:


Yeah but they beat a much different TEN team...with Mariota at QB...by 2 points in Week 2.

 

Not saying they can’t win...just that the TEN win last year isn’t really a good example.

21 days and 1 regular season game after Luck sprang his retirement on everyone including the 52 other guys on the team?


That would be a decent example of a win under adverse circumstances, no? :dunno:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

21 days and 1 regular season game after Luck sprang his retirement on everyone including the 52 other guys on the team?


That would be a decent example of a win under adverse circumstances, no? :dunno:

 

 

Whenever JB wins some don't care, JB was the starter at Tennessee and won but (in my sarcasm voice it was despite him lmao )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

21 days and 1 regular season game after Luck sprang his retirement on everyone including the 52 other guys on the team?


That would be a decent example of a win under adverse circumstances, no? :dunno:

 

 

Different teams.   I don't think beating the Titans in week 2 of last season means anything to the outcome of tomorrows game.  We may win and we may lose.   I see it as a toss up with the Titans having a slight edge.  

 

Go Colts!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Different teams.   I don't think beating the Titans in week 2 of last season means anything to the outcome of tomorrows game.  We may win and we may lose.   I see it as a toss up with the Titans having a slight edge.  

 

Go Colts!

Sure..... the game needs to be played out.... but I’d be surprised if game film from last year’s games and the game two weeks ago wasn’t studied by Reich and the staff for game planning.

 

Especially for guys subbing in on defense tomorrow to familiarize themselves with the Titans/Henry’s tendencies.

 

At least I hope so.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, coming on strong said:

the problem is its not just buckner look at that injury list ....    with autry out too thats two of the best defensive lineman out .  rivers is hurt and limping while blackmon and and rock are out too.  half of the wrs are banged up also

Blackmon and Rock aren't out.  Nothing official announced. Colts are officially missing about 3 starters from front seven in Buckner, Autry, and Okereke. Several other players are questionable and still could play. Titans actually have more players officially out for this one.  

 

I expect the Colts to compete hard with who is available. If they drop

 this one it hurts but it's good that they won the first game. Most of us expected to split with the Titans anyway at the beginning if the season. If we win on Sunday it's gravy. As long as Buckner, Autry, etc. are available for rest if the playoff push then we should hopefully be fine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Blackmon and Rock aren't out.  Nothing official announced. Colts are officially missing about 3 starters from front seven in Buckner, Autry, and Okereke. Several other players are questionable and still could play. Titans actually have more players officially out for this one.  

 

I expect the Colts to compete hard with who is available. If they drop

 this one it hurts but it's good that they won the first game. Most of us expected to split with the Titans anyway at the beginning if the season. If we win on Sunday it's gravy. As long as Buckner, Surry etc are available for rest if the playoff push then we should hopefully

 be fine.

 

You guys were gracious to us after beating us so Go Colts this week!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

colts need to activate someone from practice squad to be behind lewis .    the good news is lewis has been playing very well at the 3 technique for us .   at line backer the colts are the deepest at any position i am not worried at all with speed and franklin who both are very solid .   i dont think this is that bad lewis would be a starter on many teams only because buckner is the second best defensive tackle in the nfl .   the colts are also deep at pass rusher .  Just the depth at defensive tackle bothers me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coming on strong said:

colts need to activate someone from practice squad to be behind lewis .    the good news is lewis has been playing very well at the 3 technique for us .   at line backer the colts are the deepest at any position i am not worried at all with speed and franklin who both are very solid .   i dont think this is that bad lewis would be a starter on many teams only because buckner is the second best defensive tackle in the nfl .   the colts are also deep at pass rusher .  Just the depth at defensive tackle bothers me

Was Rodgers sacked last Sunday? I think we did a lot of holding too lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

colts need to activate someone from practice squad to be behind lewis .    the good news is lewis has been playing very well at the 3 technique for us .   at line backer the colts are the deepest at any position i am not worried at all with speed and franklin who both are very solid .   i dont think this is that bad lewis would be a starter on many teams only because buckner is the second best defensive tackle in the nfl .   the colts are also deep at pass rusher .  Just the depth at defensive tackle bothers me

Windsor was called up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont get why the colts hate shelton day so much .  he was a very solid rotation piece by the 49ers and much better then windsor . putting day behind lewis gives the colts depth

 

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

danny pintor was a beast in college its better to play him at center and let kelly heal .  green played so well last week for smith , clark got dominated the first 3 plays then got benched .

So Pinter was a beast and Day is much better than Windsor even though Pinter and Windsor were literally both drafted in the 5th round? That's a stretch. I bet you would of said Hooker was better than Blackmon and complained about it if Blackmon started the year over Hooker if he was healthy.

 

Day was injured all the time and they released him. I didn't think he'd make the 53. We have no idea if Windsor is better or worse because we have very little sample size on him. Same with Pinter to like him enough to start over Kelly (even if he is hurt). 

 

4 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Part of it was you played the best team in football LOL only joking.

Rodgers is very good at avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly. Pretty good O-Line as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

 

So Pinter was a beast and Day is much better than Windsor even though Pinter and Windsor were literally both drafted in the 5th round? That's a stretch. I bet you would of said Hooker was better than Blackmon and complained about it if Blackmon started the year over Hooker if he was healthy.

 

Day was injured all the time and they released him. I didn't think he'd make the 53. We have no idea if Windsor is better or worse because we have very little sample size on him. Same with Pinter to like him enough to start over Kelly (even if he is hurt). 

 

Rodgers is very good at avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly. Pretty good O-Line as well.

i am not a hooker fan at all so nope .   windsor just doesnt impress me its just my opinion .  he reminds me of that white pass rusher grigson took in the first round  werner  .   he is solid but nothing special .   pintor is underrated and because of needs sometimes people slip further down .  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

 

So Pinter was a beast and Day is much better than Windsor even though Pinter and Windsor were literally both drafted in the 5th round? That's a stretch. I bet you would of said Hooker was better than Blackmon and complained about it if Blackmon started the year over Hooker if he was healthy.

 

Day was injured all the time and they released him. I didn't think he'd make the 53. We have no idea if Windsor is better or worse because we have very little sample size on him. Same with Pinter to like him enough to start over Kelly (even if he is hurt). 

 

Rodgers is very good at avoiding sacks and getting rid of the ball quickly. Pretty good O-Line as well.

there is a reason pintor stayed on the 53 man roster and never got cut .   windsor got cut and gave teams a chance to take him , with pintor ballard would not dare .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

there is a reason pintor stayed on the 53 man roster and never got cut .   windsor got cut and gave teams a chance to take him , with pintor ballard would not dare .

Ballard loved Pinter, he tried to trade up for him repeatedly and couldn't. Windsor was more or less released and put on the practice squad due to D-Line depth. Lewis looked good in training camp, we got Stallworth off waivers, Buckner obviously. That shouldn't make your opinion though by watching what Ballard did, even the most casual fan can sound smart doing that and I know you are smarter than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i am not a hooker fan at all so nope .   windsor just doesnt impress me its just my opinion .  he reminds me of that white pass rusher grigson took in the first round  werner  .   he is solid but nothing special .   pintor is underrated and because of needs sometimes people slip further down .  

Windsor shouldn’t impress you much — yet.  He’s barely played at all after being on the PS all season.  He was drafted in the top of the 6th round.   He’s a project.   But he does have an elite trait — effort.  A motor that runs hot all the time.   Good coaching can do something with that skill set.

 

If you’re going to to be fair to the kid then give him a chance.  And I’m not just talking about this weekend.   I’m also talking about the rest if this year, and all of next.  Give him a chance.   Don’t decide on what he is before he’s even had a chance to show you....

 

Just food for thought. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • So sounds like it’s the Colts’ year to finally make it rain in FA and sign some big name players.
    • Another reason why I think the Steelers might be ideal second trade partners is that they have a 4th Round compensation pick 13 picks later but no pick in Round 5.   Do like the Walker Little pick and hope he does slide to say the 4th and we could nab him.
    • JB is not my favorite QB. But even I would never compare him to the likes of the guys on that list. He is much more in the Hasselback group.    But I also disagree with putting Grigs on that list as well. He wasn’t a disaster or an embarrassment...he was just a disappointment in the end. A guy who couldn’t evaluate talent nearly as well as he did early in his career. And he was an unlikeable guy (which has always made me wonder how he sold Irsay on giving him the job).    But plenty of GMs fail to get there with a star QB...especially early in that QB’s career. Only one team gets to win the SB each year.    I mean...just look at Polian. He got there eventually...but he was gifted PFM...and didn’t win a playoff game until the 6th season. Grigs had won 3 by his 3rd season...and had just as many playoff appearances (3) as Polian over their first 5 seasons. Polian is a HOFer...but my point is that it’s not easy even when you get a great QB.   And as I have said before...Luck was great and my favorite player of all time...but he wasn’t quite Mahomes or Rodgers good...they are true Ferraris. He made mistakes and also didn’t exactly light it it up in January either. I think his prime would have been something to behold and maybe he would have taken his game to a new level...but injuries unfortunately derailed that (which I think many parties are to blame for...not just Grigs).   The guys on that list brought nothing to this org...Grigs at least managed to oversee a winning roster for years. A 49-31 record (.612 winning %) with a 3-3 playoff record, in 5 years, is far from a disaster. If you want to see what a true disaster looks like...it’s what has happened in HOU...where their FO has wasted a QB who (IMO) might be even better than Luck.   So far, Ballard has been superior in just about every facet. But the results are still the results. We can discount 2017...but without it the Colts are still just 28-20 (a .583 winning %) and 1-2 in the playoffs so far. Yes, he has only had Luck for one of those seasons...but that’s just another way of saying he needed Luck to win more games (to win more playoff games). And that’s the argument I always hear to vilify Grigs...that he only won because of Luck. Seems like a double standard...and not the only one.   I think most Colts fans have become huge fans of the process...and that’s great. It’s might be my favorite part of sports. But there are those that are still results-oriented...and I can understand why some might be asking what does it all without the results? This season will be huge to answering that question. 
    • Relax....i was paraphrasing a Bill Tobin quote . Tobin went off on Kiper when the Colts drafted Trev Alberta instead of Trent Dilfer. 
  • Members

    • Kangaroo

      Kangaroo 98

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DaColts85

      DaColts85 403

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyEric07

      IndyEric07 109

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr.NotSoCreative

      Mr.NotSoCreative 266

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • OhioColt

      OhioColt 99

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DiogoSales

      DiogoSales 75

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,430

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 576

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...