Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its amazing to watch the absolute spiraling when there's no actual determination on whether he'll play or not and if any of the guys held out for "illness" are also in any danger of missing time.

Go away Covid... nobody likes you.

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

So does Ben Banogu finally get to play lol.

He will probably be active but we aren’t really shorthanded at DE and he can’t play DT.  Our edge rushers are going to have to get pressure and we are going to have to keep from having to many 3rd and shorts for that to work. We need a good lead in the 4th so we don’t get worn done by Henry. Offense must be able to run the ball to have long sustained drives to keep the defense fresh.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We lose to the titans and tthey may go on a run and win the division 

Right now I don’t see how we make the playoffs with a wildcard so it’s sunday or bust. GB does not match up well against the titans and they could win that game pretty easy.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense needs to show up and show out.  Convert TD's in the red zone.  They will be without LB Jayon Brown.  That might help a little.  But FG's instead of TD's is not going to cut it.  No doubt they will likely score more than 17 points in this one with our defensive injuries.  Points are going to be at a premium.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now I don’t see how we make the playoffs with a wildcard so it’s sunday or bust. GB does not match up well against the titans and they could win that game pretty easy.

 

There's no reason to act defeated and blue already

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now I don’t see how we make the playoffs with a wildcard so it’s sunday or bust. GB does not match up well against the titans and they could win that game pretty easy.

 


Its really not quite as binary as you make out.

 

Again.. chill your boots.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 10:02 AM, coming on strong said:

how come the steelers ravens can postpone but not the colts if three players got covid this week plus autry and a coach colts should push to postpone the game .  this game is gonna be for the division the most important game left .

The game got postponed again, now it's scheduled to be played Tuesday due to more COVID cases on the Ravens, to include QB Lamar Jackson.

 

The NFL seems to be going to the outer limits to accommodate Baltimore, likely at the expense of the team with the best record in the AFC who has now had the game postponed twice, and instead of having the 10 days between games that they would've had with a Thursday game, now they'll have only 5 through no fault of their own.

 

Whenever the game is played, I hope they pummel the Ravens!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He will probably be active but we aren’t really shorthanded at DE and he can’t play DT.  

It's already been confirmed that Lewis has been taking the 3T snaps next to Grover. That means there's a gap on the DL at DE from him kicking inside. I could definitely see Banagu on the active roster and seeing limited snaps in the DE rotation.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a serious "next man up" type of game -- for both teams.  All the chips are on the table.  This is for all the marbles.  And we got guys missing.  You can bet that that the entire squad, both starters and backups, are working hard in preparation for this game.

 

I can see quarterbacks coach Marcus Brady taking Jacob Eason aside and saying, "Son, you'd better be paying attention.  You could be one injury away from having to win this game.  If Rivers can't play, and Brissett gets hurt, it's gonna be up to you.  You'll have to win it.  No slacking this week."

 

Nobody slacks this week.  Nobody.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now I don’t see how we make the playoffs with a wildcard so it’s sunday or bust. GB does not match up well against the titans and they could win that game pretty easy.

 

You're not wrong.  We don't have favorable tie breakers in wild card scenarios.  This game is big.

Strange, isn't it, to be 7-3 and be in a "must win" game?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

You're not wrong.  We don't have favorable tie breakers in wild card scenarios.  This game is big.

Strange, isn't it, to be 7-3 and be in a "must win" game?

Not to mention all our games left are in the afc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So then league postponed the Ravens/Steelers game after 3 sick players, we have 3 sucks, why are we not getting postponed?

We don’t have three sick. Autry missed this game by like  one day. Then you have Buckner. Blackmon and rock are fine. The ravens was a situation that it had spread a bunch. They have to get through these initial cases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

This is going to be a serious "next man up" type of game -- for both teams.  All the chips are on the table.  This is for all the marbles.  And we got guys missing.  You can bet that that the entire squad, both starters and backups, are working hard in preparation for this game.

 

I can see quarterbacks coach Marcus Brady taking Jacob Eason aside and saying, "Son, you'd better be paying attention.  You could be one injury away from having to win this game.  If Rivers can't play, and Brissett gets hurt, it's gonna be up to you.  You'll have to win it.  No slacking this week."

 

Nobody slacks this week.  Nobody.

Rivers will play. The question is will he get through the game. I wonder if this could be a game where Eason dresses just in case. If he doesn’t rivers must be feeling pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ThePowerslave said:

Give it a rest.  The Colts are going to lose, we get it.  How many more reasons "why" are you going to give us.  Unbelievable 

I never said in that post anything about losing. I was just giving info on titans injuries. Geez

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rivers will play. The question is will he get through the game. I wonder if this could be a game where Eason dresses just in case. If he doesn’t rivers must be feeling pretty good.

Oh, I'm sure he'll dress.  Everybody will dress.  Nobody stays home.  Nobody stays on the sidelines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now I don’t see how we make the playoffs with a wildcard so it’s sunday or bust. GB does not match up well against the titans and they could win that game pretty easy.

 

I agree it's  strength  against weakness  in greenbay  titans game. Greenbay  has to jump out ahead early or risk being run over 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I never said in that post anything about losing. I was just giving info on titans injuries. Geez


dear Lord - your entire body of work in this thread has been all about the Colts having no chance in this game

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buckner not in the titans game is a crippler but one of their primo players is out as well in LT Taylor Lewan and their punter and possibly Clowney. Got to win this one because of the schedules favor TN's chances to win their remaining games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to have to blitz a bit more in the passing game.  Running game we've usually played pretty decent against Henry in the past evern when we didn't have Buckner.  As long as we don't let him go off we should be good.  Not too concerned offensively as long as Rivers plays.  Even if he doesn't we've got a somewhat decent chance to win with Jacoby under the saddle.  Even he's beaten them before.  If Jacoby plays it should at least be a pretty tight contest. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Going to have to blitz a bit more in the passing game.  Running game we've usually played pretty decent against Henry in the past evern when we didn't have Buckner.  As long as we don't let him go off we should be good.  Not too concerned offensively as long as Rivers plays.  Even if he doesn't we've got a somewhat decent chance to win with Jacoby under the saddle.  Even he's beaten them before.  If Jacoby plays it should at least be a pretty tight contest. 

Doubt you will much blitzing.  It got the Ravens in big trouble vs the Titans Sunday.  The Ravens just killed them with play action and bootlegs.  Best not to try to become something you aren’t if you can avoid it.

 

Rivers practiced today and will play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be tough no doubt without our best player on defense; per Ballard, the player (3T) that “runs” the defense, which we have all seen going from last year to this year.
 

It’s going to be a hit for sure. Autry who has been having a great year. Okereke who has been productive playing in the nickel. If we lose a LB or DL to injury during the game, we’re going to be grabbing straws for the “next man up”. 
 

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer because I do think this defense as a collective unit and the scheme can overcome the vacancies. Henry is going to get more rushing yards this time around; not a guess or being pessimistic, a guarantee.
 

We’re going to have to play better on offense and see better, more creative play calling to get ahead early and force them to throw the ball. If we allow Henry to heat up and our offense punts or turns the ball over early, this game may get away from us.

 

And like others mentioned, this game surely isn’t a win and in scenario, but it is damn close; our odds decrease SIGNIFICANTLY if we lose this one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Doubt you will much blitzing.  It got the Ravens in big trouble vs the Titans Sunday.  The Ravens just killed them with play action and bootlegs.  Best not to try to become something you aren’t if you can avoid it.

 

Rivers practiced today and will play.

Blitzing is a necessary evil if there is no pass rush.  You pretty much have to increase it, but again that is if we don't get any pass rush.  It's wait and see at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...