Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner on COVID list

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If they are actually positive they would only be able to move it to the end of the season. There is no where to move it to.

Yeah we would have to have a major outbreak in next couple days for it to be even considered.

The NFL doesn't want to add a week at end of the year.

They have already played games that probably shouldn't of been  played. Definitely not going to do us any favors.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its amazing to watch the absolute spiraling when there's no actual determination on whether he'll play or not and if any of the guys held out for "illness" are also in any danger of missing time.

Go away Covid... nobody likes you.

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No if he tested positive he with no symptoms its ten days. If he has symptoms it’s 14 days which means two games.  What we done know if it was just s high risk contact. If it was it might be possible to be back Sunday depending on when the contact was.  This could be the game that takes us out of the playoffs if we lose. Offense is going to have to keep Henry off the field and score some pts. We also have a lot of bumps and bruises on that report. The only good thing is TN is down their best linebacker and are on to their third LT.

It's 10 days if he has it. It's 5 days if he was in close contact.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, CR91 said:

This isn't completely bad. The article says he was in close contact, not that he had it. He can still play if he tests negative before the game

That is what most of us are hoping for, for him to test negative before the game and play. That would be HUGE, well everyone has already said that in so many words. 

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Can Grover take Buckners spot if Autry can’t play.

Buckner is a 3T and Grover is a NT, so it wouldn't be ideal.

This is the main thing to keep in mind. If he's just a close contact, but tests negative, then it'll just depend on the contact date (not the date he's placed on the list) as to whether he'll play or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Blackmon and rock are confirmed going on the list it really isn’t fair that every other team gets their game postponed. Ravens got theirs postponed until Sunday. We might best far into the season they start adding a week at the end of the season or cancelling games and adding that 8th play off team. This is the worst team to have this happen against. Another AFC loss would not be good.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

That is a massive injury list.  We lost like our entire team in one week...

All those guys with actual injuries finished the game so not to worried abort the ones with actual injuries. Probably more of just resting minor thihgs. But missing Buckner, Autry, Rock and Blackmon is not good.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All those guys with actual injuries finished the game so not to worried abort the ones with actual injuries. Probably more of just resting minor thihgs. But missing Buckner, Autry, Rock and Blackmon is not good.

The online betting site I use just took the game off. That is not a good sign...

• Haha 1

Dreaming of division title was fun while it lasted lol. They said half the ravens PS is eligible to be called up Sunday. Lol. Guess it could be worse. Carrie should be ok filling in for rock if he goes on the covid list. But it hurts our depth. Odum can probably fill in ok for Blackman too. But we better hope we don’t have any injuries during the game. Offense needs to be on fire and just dream them. If they let the titans stay on the field for long drives we will be exhausted by the end of the game. The only good news is the titans lost their star LB and are down to their third LY. This might end up being a high scoring shootout.

Lets hope Autry can come back Sunday. Anyone remember when he was placed on the list.

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Blackmon and rock are confirmed going on the list it really isn’t fair that every other team gets their game postponed. Ravens got theirs postponed until Sunday. We might best far into the season they start adding a week at the end of the season or cancelling games and adding that 8th play off team. This is the worst team to have this happen against. Another AFC loss would not be good.

The way I see it is Buckner is not on the injury report because he's on the Covid list.  Blackmon and Rock are on the injury report and they are listed as ill.  That is probably all there is too it.  Both in the secondary so it makes sense they might have the same illness.  I believe all of the players are now tested daily before practice for Covid so I'm thinking any player on the injury report has tested negative for Covid today.  

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The way I see it is Buckner is not on the injury report because he's on the Covid list.  Blackmon and Rock are on the injury report and they are listed as ill.  That is probably all there is too it.  Both in the secondary so it makes sense they might have the same illness.  I believe all of the players are now tested daily before practice for Covid so I'm thinking any player on the injury report has tested negative for Covid today.  

The players on the covid list are not on the injury report. It’s like when they are on IR.  Autry missed a practice due to illness and was put on the covid list the next day. You can almost bank it both of them most likely will be there by tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Shive said:

Its amazing to watch the absolute spiraling when there's no actual determination on whether he'll play or not and if any of the guys held out for "illness" are also in any danger of missing time.

If Buckner was a high risk contact from a family member I don’t think Houston would  of been out of practice due to being a contact. So it’s probably a actual positive test. What we don’t know if he has symptoms. Looks like rock and Blackmon are actually sick with something so it’s not good.

39 minutes ago, Shive said:

And it's always the Usual Suspects.   The same people who always panic at the first sign of any possible trouble.

Life is unfair!     The world is unfair!     The NFL is really, REALLY unfair!!!        :peek:

:HFire:        :HFire:       :HFire:        :HFire:         :HFire:

• Like 3

I’m going to say this. Please don’t say we don’t have a chance to win because players are out. We have a chance to win every game regardless of whom ever is out on the field. We have depth finally on this team. Guys have to fill in the void for others. We have other ways to attack teams. Ballard prepared us for things like this. We’re basically rolling into this game with the same defense we had last season. It was missing a piece, but we still had a chance to win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This wouldn’t bother me to much if it was a nfc team. We can’t afford this against another afc team.  Henry is going to wear this entire defense out.  Windsor might get his chance at DT. Turay doesn’t resllt  help us with Henry. They might not even have to throw it.  

Eason ran the scout team today with rivers sitting out with his toe.

If we get Autry back and Rock and Blackmon aren’t put on the list I think we can be ok. But I will bet we don’t get Autry back yet. 

Just saw the ravens disciplined a strength and conditioning coach because they failed to report symptoms and didn’t wear a tracking device. 

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I’m just sitting back, popping a bourbon and watching the forum implode. 

if we start getting a lot of confirmed cases, the league will postpone this game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And it's always the Usual Suspects.   The same people who always panic at the first sign of any possible trouble.

Life is unfair!     The world is unfair!     The NFL is really, REALLY unfair!!!        :peek:

:HFire:        :HFire:       :HFire:        :HFire:         :HFire:

Yep. I just laugh. And drink and laugh some more

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m just sitting back, popping a bourbon and watching the forum implode. 

if we start getting a lot of confirmed cases, the league will postpone this game. 

Where  they going to postpone it too? There isn’t anywhere until the end of the season. They won’t do that yet with just one game.

The good news is Stalworth and big grove have been great run stoppers. It’s time for Lewis to shine. Plus titans oline isn’t the one of the best so that should help. The biggest concern is the fourth quarter and not having the depth to keep Henry in check.

Im more worried about Blackmon being out than Buckner. This defense has been good against the run without Buckner for a while now. Yeah things won't be as great, but Grover Stewart is still here and he's better than ever... He's going to have to step up on that line. 

But if Blackmon is out, im not liking that at all... Blackmon has a name in the league after the Packers game and I dont like him not being there among mistakes Tannehill will most definitely make. 

The offense really needs to get going and going fast, and take pressure off the defense. Lets hope they are gelling and that offensive line is healed up along with Rivers. Thanksgiving couldn't be at a better time with that extra day off. 

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s not forget Autry might still be invaluable Sunday. This is awful with Henry. What a horrible time to have this happen. Why couldn’t it of happened against a non AFC and divisional game. Who plays without Buckner or Autry. Lewis? This is not going to be pretty. We are going to get run all over.  We are going to be so worn out by the end of the game. Tech said the injury report would be long. Bet there are a bunch of close contacts who didn’t practice too. Let’s pray it’s just a close contact and he doesn’t have it. Not having Buckner for two weeks would be awful. Such bad timing. I hate covid. Offense is going to have to put up some points.

This is simply a complete load of selfish and chicken little nonsense.

If your first thought is anything other than "I hope the best for Buckner" when you see this news, then you've done it wrong.  Hint - you've done it wrong.

And then to immediately go to "what a horrible time to have this happen" or "this is not going to be pretty" or "we are going to get run over" with the Colts facing Henry this week is comical. The Colts are not just about Buckner - they've got other playmakers as well.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Im more worried about Blackmon being out than Buckner. This defense has been good against the run without Buckner for a while now. Yeah things won't be as great, but Grover Stewart is still here and he's better than ever... He's going to have to step up on that line. 

But if Blackmon is out, im not liking that at all... Blackmon has a name in the league after the Packers game and I dont like him not being there among mistakes Tannehill will most definitely make. 

The offense really needs to get going and going fast, and take pressure off the defense. Lets hope they are gelling and that offensive line is healed up along with Rivers. Thanksgiving couldn't be at a better time with that extra day off. 

Odum has been really good at making game changing plays. I think Carrie and Odum would  do fine. It’s the depth going into the fourth quarter that is concerning. It hurts our depth. Offense is banged up some too. Let’s hope none of those are serious. Rivers and company need to step on the gas fast and keep them off the field.  Won’t be as concerned if Autry does come back and rock and Blackmon play. We will be fine if that happens. Titans are going to have a very sour taste after what happened against them.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Odum has been really good at making game changing plays. I think Carrie and Odum would  do fine. It’s the depth going into the fourth quarter that is concerning. It hurts our depth. Offense is banged up some too. Let’s hope none of those are serious. Rivers and company need to step on the gas fast and keep them off the field.  Won’t be as concerned if Autry does come back and rock and Blackmon play. We will be fine if that happens. Titans are going to have a very sour taste after what happened against them.

Come out and punch them in the mouth!!

• Like 1

In another topic I predicted the game would be called ‘done’ by some in the first qtr. Evidently I was wrong and in fact we’re already saying the game is lost. I guess I’ll have to find something else to do Sunday. 

I hope for Buckner’s sake it is just a proximity risk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dreaming of division title was fun while it lasted lol. They said half the ravens PS is eligible to be called up Sunday. Lol. Guess it could be worse. Carrie should be ok filling in for rock if he goes on the covid list. But it hurts our depth. Odum can probably fill in ok for Blackman too. But we better hope we don’t have any injuries during the game. Offense needs to be on fire and just dream them. If they let the titans stay on the field for long drives we will be exhausted by the end of the game. The only good news is the titans lost their star LB and are down to their third LY. This might end up being a high scoring shootout.

Lets hope Autry can come back Sunday. Anyone remember when he was placed on the list.

Take the gun out of your ear. All is not lost. As the old sayings go; "That's why they play the game". "It ain't over till it's over.",

"On any given Sunday"!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why we signed Rivers, he can put 30 points on the board if needed. Our defense is still good regardless if Buck plays or not. 

Buckner can be replaced a game. That wouldn’t be a issue if Autry wasn’t already on the list. Then add rock and Blackmon if they are put on the list it’s going to make it difficult. 

Just thinking of something. With rivers injury I expect him to play but wonder if they could dress Eason in case Jacoby has to go in and play.