Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens-Steelers game postponed until Sunday


Recommended Posts

The colts have tomorrow off and Reich said in the presser today they sent out strict instructions to the players for gatherings tomorrow. The colts are even going so far as to testing families before they come and when they get here If they are visiting a player. I hope everyone is responsible.

 

That bears game Sunday night with the packers needs to be moved to the afternoon. Way to many good games in the afternoon and one of them should be in prime time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Colts followed protocols and had to play their biggest game of the year without some of their best players and the Ravens broke protocols and are getting rewarded by postponing the game until they are healthy.  At the very least the league should say anyone on the COVID list should not be aloud to play in the game or make the Ravens forfeit.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So the Colts followed protocols and had to play their biggest game of the year without some of their best players and the Ravens broke protocols and are getting rewarded by postponing the game until they are healthy.  At the very least the league should say anyone on the COVID list should not be aloud to play in the game or make the Ravens forfeit.

Yeah... I'm still trying to understand. But I'm sure the rules are written down somewhere *nice and small print*

 

Just call it a draw already

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yeah... I'm still trying to understand. But I'm sure the rules are written down somewhere *nice and small print*

 

Just call it a draw already

I say forfeit the Steelers did nothing wrong.  They were ready to play Thursday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is ridiculous, now the Ravens-Cowboys is talked about being moved to Tuesday night.

 

What about the Steelers? Is the Steelers-Washington game now moved to Monday night then?

Yes I believe there is a triple header Monday night. They did move it to 5 pm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is ridiculous.  Just hit the pause button on the schedule for 2 weeks.  Then tell all teams all remaining games will go on as scheduled if possible and any more outbreaks where a team cannot play will result in a loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is ridiculous, now the Ravens-Cowboys is talked about being moved to Tuesday night. 

I imagine that should give reigning league MVP enough time to get back...smh

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I say forfeit the Steelers did nothing wrong.  They were ready to play Thursday.

 

This is the most unfair thing I've ever seen the NFL do. The Steelers, who did nothing wrong, are now going to play 3 games in 11 days (12/2, 12/7/ 12/13). Too bad the league can't move the Steelers bye week around for this but they can't because the Titans outbreak forced another schedule change for the Steelers - who did nothing wrong then either. If I was a Steelers fan I'd be irate...actually I'm pretty irate and I despise the Steelers.

 

The Ravens should forfeit or they should have played last Thursday with 32 healthy players.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is screwing this up.   Denver had to play on time without a QB because their outbreak was determined to be from them not wearing masks.  Where is the consistency?  The Titans broke the rules and practiced together leading to their outbreak and their game with the Steelers was moved.  Now the Ravens have a huge outbreak and they get to move their game multiple times.   The NFL is just assuming the Ravens outbreak is just natural and doesn't stem from them not following the rules.  The Ravens should have to forfeit a game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Myles said:

The NFL is screwing this up.   Denver had to play on time without a QB because their outbreak was determined to be from them not wearing masks.  Where is the consistency?  The Titans broke the rules and practiced together leading to their outbreak and their game with the Steelers was moved.  Now the Ravens have a huge outbreak and they get to move their game multiple times.   The NFL is just assuming the Ravens outbreak is just natural and doesn't stem from them not following the rules.  The Ravens should have to forfeit a game.

Yeah.  There should be a line. If you have X numbers of players out, with close contact or confirmed COVID 19, game gets postponed. If you're found to have violated the rules in any way, IE a coach doing private sessions without following protocols, you forfeit the game. Period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah.  There should be a line. If you have X numbers of players out, with close contact or confirmed COVID 19, game gets postponed. If you're found to have violated the rules in any way, IE a coach doing private sessions without following protocols, you forfeit the game. Period.

I would say that if you hit a certain number, you forfeit your next game.   The Ravens have had at least 11 players and 10 staff test positive.  

 

Steve Saunders is the Ravens' head strength and conditioning coach. According to multiple reports, he was the staff member punished by Baltimore for conducting relating to the team's COVID-19 outbreak. 

According to the Baltimore Sun, Saunders "had not routinely worn the proximity tracker required by the NFL for contact tracing or reported potential COVID-19 symptoms as he worked with players." NFL Network added in its reporting that the punished staff member had not consistently worn a mask.

How COVID-19 spread on the Ravens

It's not immediately known how COVID-19 spread through the Ravens' roster, with the Baltimore Sun calling it "unclear." The punishment for a staffer, reportedly Saunders, likely points to belief that his behavior, if not the root, was a factor in the outbreak. According to ESPN, the staffer was the first positive test in this string of positives, though. 

Baltimore's outbreak resembles that of Tennessee's from earlier in the season, when a number of players in different positional groupings tested positive over the course of more than a week. ESPN wrote that the Ravens conducted multiple in-person activities, including meetings and an on-field workout, after Ingram and Dobbins came back with positive tests on Monday, Nov. 23

 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/ravens-covid-list-players-outbreak-steelers/a93po5qll7s41v7pcc07de0tq

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

I would say that if you hit a certain number, you forfeit your next game.   The Ravens have had at least 11 players and 10 staff test positive.  

 

Steve Saunders is the Ravens' head strength and conditioning coach. According to multiple reports, he was the staff member punished by Baltimore for conducting relating to the team's COVID-19 outbreak. 

According to the Baltimore Sun, Saunders "had not routinely worn the proximity tracker required by the NFL for contact tracing or reported potential COVID-19 symptoms as he worked with players." NFL Network added in its reporting that the punished staff member had not consistently worn a mask.

How COVID-19 spread on the Ravens

It's not immediately known how COVID-19 spread through the Ravens' roster, with the Baltimore Sun calling it "unclear." The punishment for a staffer, reportedly Saunders, likely points to belief that his behavior, if not the root, was a factor in the outbreak. According to ESPN, the staffer was the first positive test in this string of positives, though. 

Baltimore's outbreak resembles that of Tennessee's from earlier in the season, when a number of players in different positional groupings tested positive over the course of more than a week. ESPN wrote that the Ravens conducted multiple in-person activities, including meetings and an on-field workout, after Ingram and Dobbins came back with positive tests on Monday, Nov. 23

 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/ravens-covid-list-players-outbreak-steelers/a93po5qll7s41v7pcc07de0tq

Right, I agree but they also got caught the week before with their Strength coach violating protocols.  A + B = C to me. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2020/11/25/ravens-discipline-coach-for-conduct-covid-19-cases/115050108/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Right, I agree but they also got caught the week before with their Strength coach violating protocols.  A + B = C to me. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2020/11/25/ravens-discipline-coach-for-conduct-covid-19-cases/115050108/

Yes.   Totally different treatment for the Ravens than for other teams (Broncos).   Pittsburgh should be throwing a fit.  They are getting screwed because the NFL is favoring the Ravens just like they did the Titans.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think there has ever been a forfeit in league history and the last canceled game was 1935.  It’s important to the league and revenue to play all games, especially Ravens/Steelers.  Every team is operating without the standard revenue of hosting fans.  Ratings are critical for the league to keep the salary cap where it is and be able to distribute enough money to teams to cover the seasons cost.  The NFL is a business and what’s fair is not always the best decision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Yeah.  There should be a line. If you have X numbers of players out, with close contact or confirmed COVID 19, game gets postponed. If you're found to have violated the rules in any way, IE a coach doing private sessions without following protocols, you forfeit the game. Period.

That makes perfect sense, but to the NFL, a forfeit = no game played = no $$$. They'll never do that.

 

I'm personally just a bit irked by the inconsistencies of which games are postponed and which aren't. Denver had to play a PS WR at QB with essentially no prep-time, yet Baltimore gets an additional day to allow for a practice prior to their twice (of thrice?) rescheduled game. I'm not one to cry foul, but it really appears that the NFL is favoring specific teams, especially when they're better teams with superstar players.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shive said:

That makes perfect sense, but to the NFL, a forfeit = no game played = no $$$. They'll never do that.

 

I'm personally just a bit irked by the inconsistencies of which games are postponed and which aren't. Denver had to play a PS WR at QB with essentially no prep-time, yet Baltimore gets an additional day to allow for a practice prior to their twice (of thrice?) rescheduled game. I'm not one to cry foul, but it really appears that the NFL is favoring specific teams, especially when they're better teams with superstar players.

yep, completely agree. yet us fans will still give them money. Sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

So the Colts followed protocols and had to play their biggest game of the year without some of their best players and the Ravens broke protocols and are getting rewarded by postponing the game until they are healthy.  At the very least the league should say anyone on the COVID list should not be aloud to play in the game or make the Ravens forfeit.

 

its not about who misses, its about how many.  the league doesnt care who it ends up helping and hurting its just about stopping the spread but not extending the season.

 

teams that lose a qb or their best defender are kind of screwed by this policy, the ravens and titans  got an extension because there were simply too many to play the game

 

they dont want forfeits or to prolong the season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I don’t think there has ever been a forfeit in league history and the last canceled game was 1935.  It’s important to the league and revenue to play all games, especially Ravens/Steelers.  Every team is operating without the standard revenue of hosting fans.  Ratings are critical for the league to keep the salary cap where it is and be able to distribute enough money to teams to cover the seasons cost.  The NFL is a business and what’s fair is not always the best decision. 

That makes sense, but the inconsistencies are what is bad.  Denver had no QB's but the game didn't get postponed.   When the Titans game was rescheduled, they only had 8 players test positive and 1 was a long snapper and 2 others were practice squad players.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

 

its not about who misses, its about how many.  the league doesnt care who it ends up helping and hurting its just about stopping the spread but not extending the season.

 

teams that lose a qb or their best defender are kind of screwed by this policy, the ravens and titans  got an extension because there were simply too many to play the game

 

they dont want forfeits or to prolong the season

I understand what they want it doesn’t make it right.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Myles said:

That makes sense, but the inconsistencies are what is bad.  Denver had no QB's but the game didn't get postponed.   When the Titans game was rescheduled, they only had 8 players test positive and 1 was a long snapper and 2 others were practice squad players.  


For some reason I’m thinking the Titans had a bye or something like that.  I’m sure there are a lot of circumstances that comes into play with each decision the league makes.  Obviously the Saints/Broncos wasn’t a marquee matchup without much playoff implications involved. Teams should be prepared to play with who they have and if the NFL moves the game then it’s a bonus. The games must be played

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:


For some reason I’m thinking the Titans had a bye or something like that.  I’m sure there are a lot of circumstances that comes into play with each decision the league makes.  Obviously the Saints/Broncos wasn’t a marquee matchup without much playoff implications involved. Teams should be prepared to play with who they have and if the NFL moves the game then it’s a bonus. The games must be played

Unless you are the Ravens, then you can get your game pushed back a week to accommodate you even if it screws the Steelers.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I understand what they want it doesn’t make it right.

i think its for the best, its not like the league cares about the ravens more than other teams.  they  are about to play without their starting qb too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think its for the best, its not like the league cares about the ravens more than other teams.  they  are about to play without their starting qb too.

If it was for the best the Ravens would be forced to forfeit rather than messing with the Steelers schedule like crazy and inadvertently punish them.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is the article about them threatening to strike:

 

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/30/pittsburgh-steelers-baltimore-ravens-threaten-strike-nfl-2020/

 

Wow, is all I have to say!!!

I was just listening to Pat McAfee and the wild cat strike was just talk. If the Raven players did strike it would void the whole CBA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont agree with covid forfeits 

 

No but I agree with having to play with who you got. That is why they expanded practice rosters, for you to stock up on key positions and have more folks to be the "next man up". If 20 players tested positive or were close contacts like with the Ravens, chances are those close contacts are cleared earlier and you play with them once you have enough bodies. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It's a pipe dream. It's not happening.
    • There’s a very easy pick for the Jaguars to make but let’s see if they make it lol.
    • Crap, sorry.   with the 120th pick, the Seahawks select:   Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn   If that doesn’t make Russell Wilson happy, then 7@€# him!   @crazycolt1and the Jags are on the clock.
    • Watson started this recent public trade thing by stating that the organization has flawed hiring practices.  And I think he never debunked the idea that the current owner was a lot like his father, simply because he is his son.   Its not really about the next season or even the team's won loss record over the next three years.  Its bigger than that.  I think it would be smarter to not accommodate whiners, and in a legal manner, not set the precedent of accommodating someone who conducts detrimental actions that undermines the new coach and the authority structure of the organization.   If you accommodate Watson, you set the precedent that all whiners need to be accommodated or else you end up singling some out for disparate treatment.  This shows what a cancer players like Watson are to an entire organization.    And, I would think a player like that has limited trade value, despite the rumors.  I would  simply move on from him....forget he even exists...would be the less time consuming and smarter move.  If he wants to sit out, fine, but I'm drafting this spring with the idea that he's going to try to put me at a disadvantage and wait until after FA and the draft before he tells me he wont play next year.   There is some root of the problem that has yet to be revealed.   If its about making bad personnel decisions, resulting in a losing record, I get that....but the HC, OBrien who was responsible for those moves was fired months ago.  Seems like Watson and Watt are still holding some kind of grudge over something, or simply launching their marketing brand by grandstanding.   If I were the GM, I'd just ignore Watson until he apologized for those statements instead of honoring his wishes, and then if the team struggles, show to the whole world what people like that can do to a team, blame the teams failure's over a whiner sitting out the season too arrogant and stubborn to apologize for something he should not have said in the first place.       
  • Members

    • Colt Overseas

      Colt Overseas 554

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WarGhost21

      WarGhost21 938

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 5,314

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Archer

      Archer 597

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Twistedcolt

      Twistedcolt 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nesjan3

      Nesjan3 674

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MFT5

      MFT5 227

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Arodgers12

      Arodgers12 316

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 7,354

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 8,269

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...