Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts headed to the HOF


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Best case scenario, he was the top RB in the league for 5 years, he only played 5 years, and he never won a playoff game or a championship. That doesn't deserve the HOF.

 

I don't blame him for what happened, but you can't reward someone because it's unfortunate or assume he would of done it another 5-10 years. No one (even an RB) deserves to be in the HOF from a 5 year career and no playoff or championship wins.

Playoffs or championships are not required for player to be voted into the HOF. 

You don't seem to know exactly what the HOF represents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

But that is not what determines how a player is voted into the HOF. 

In Johnsons case,  5 years has gone by and his name still comes up on what a wide receiver should be like when team drafts a wide receiver. Johnson walked away early also just like Sanders did. (something about playing for the Lions I guess?) 

Johnson is listed in the top 10 receivers in NFL history in any list you can find. 

Just a little while back we had a thread about this. 

When you are comparing him to guys like Holt, Wayne, and, Ward (the guys he will be up against) how long you played will be a factor.  Is it the only factor?  Clearly no.  
 

Also I just said IMO he’s not a hall of famer.  That’s just my opinion.  I don’t get a vote so yes clearly he could very well still end up in the hall.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Playoffs or championships are not required for player to be voted into the HOF. 

You don't seem to know exactly what the HOF represents. 

Your mistaking people’s opinions as them saying it as fact when they aren’t.  Different people can view what is required to be a hall of famer different ways.  That’s why there is a committee that votes on this and not just some formula they use to say yep he’s in and he’s out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Your mistaking people’s opinions as them saying it as fact when they aren’t.  Different people can view what is required to be a hall of famer different ways.  That’s why there is a committee that votes on this and not just some formula they use to say yep he’s in and he’s out.

No where did I insinuate that people's opinions mean anything. 

Fans want to bring up all different things like championships, what other players do and all kinds of various things that have nothing to do with an individual player making it into the HOF.

Example:: Some think that Rivers shouldn't make the HOF because he wasn't as good as Manning or Brady. 

Don Fouts was deemed HOF worthy but Rivers is not? 

Some even think having a ring makes you HOF worthy. (Joe Namath)

It is exactly as you said. There is a HOF committee that votes and has at least 48 members. 

For a player or coach to be selected they must have 80% of he votes. 

There are no certain set rules or determinations that are required for a player to be enshrined into the HOF. 

They are voted in on individual merits, not what others did. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

When you are comparing him to guys like Holt, Wayne, and, Ward (the guys he will be up against) how long you played will be a factor.  Is it the only factor?  Clearly no.  
 

Also I just said IMO he’s not a hall of famer.  That’s just my opinion.  I don’t get a vote so yes clearly he could very well still end up in the hall.  

Could very well end up in the HOF?

There is no doubt he will end up in the HOF. 

IMO, It also would not be a surprise for him to be a first ballet HOFer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Could very well end up in the HOF?

There is no doubt he will end up in the HOF. 

IMO, It also would not be a surprise for him to be a first ballet HOFer. 

In your opinion there is no doubt.  Clearly at least some there is doubt.  That isn’t a fact like you are trying to present it as.  I think he will be interesting case to watch.  I would be surprised if he goes in on the first ballot because better WRs than him have had to wait.  Frankly WRs short of Jerry Rice don’t go in on first ballots because there is a log jam at that position.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No where did I insinuate that people's opinions mean anything. 

Fans want to bring up all different things like championships, what other players do and all kinds of various things that have nothing to do with an individual player making it into the HOF.

Example:: Some think that Rivers shouldn't make the HOF because he wasn't as good as Manning or Brady. 

Don Fouts was deemed HOF worthy but Rivers is not? 

Some even think having a ring makes you HOF worthy. (Joe Namath)

It is exactly as you said. There is a HOF committee that votes and has at least 48 members. 

For a player or coach to be selected they must have 80% of he votes. 

There are no certain set rules or determinations that are required for a player to be enshrined into the HOF. 

They are voted in on individual merits, not what others did. 

 

And the people disagreeing with you are just saying to them he isn’t worthy of going into the Hall.  That’s their opinion.  Just because they have that opinion doesn’t mean they don’t understand how selecting players for the Hall works.  I am also not saying he won’t ultimately get in.  I am just saying I don’t think he’s worthy to me because he didn’t do it long enough and wasn’t good enough when he played to offset the fact he only played nine years.  That’s just my opinion though and as I said before I don’t get a vote.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

And the people disagreeing with you are just saying to them he isn’t worthy of going into the Hall.  That’s their opinion.  Just because they have that opinion doesn’t mean they don’t understand how selecting players for the Hall works.  I am also not saying he won’t ultimately get in.  I am just saying I don’t think he’s worthy to me because he didn’t do it long enough and wasn’t good enough when he played to offset the fact he only played nine years.  That’s just my opinion though and as I said before I don’t get a vote.  

Wasn't good enough?  You can't be serious, can you? 

Are you aware he had 4 different QBs his first 4 years? Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Stafford (10 games) and Shawn Hill. 

He also only missed 9 games in 9 years. 

Normally we pretty much agree on things but I guess not on this one. 

Saying what other players have done and bringing up championships is why I mentioned about the understanding of how players are voted on. Most fans don't even know the procedure of how a player is voted in the HOF. If they did they wouldn't bring up the things some do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wasn't good enough?  You can't be serious, can you? 

Are you aware he had 4 different QBs his first 4 years? Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Stafford (10 games) and Shawn Hill. 

He also only missed 9 games in 9 years. 

Normally we pretty much agree on things but I guess not on this one. 

Saying what other players have done and bringing up championships is why I mentioned about the understanding of how players are voted on. Most fans don't even know the procedure of how a player is voted in the HOF. If they did they wouldn't bring up the things some do. 

I gave you my opinion we don’t agree.  Again just because we don’t agree doesn’t mean me or anyone else doesn’t understand how the process works for someone to go into the Hall of Fame. Moving on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • So just curious. Why do you think Reich is a good play caller? LAC with Rivers was the 10th ranked total O last year, and had a horrible OL and a bottom 5 rushing attack. The Colts had a top 5ish OL this year, a top 10 rushing O, and we were 10th in total O....    Given the huge jump in OL and rushing rank between LAC 2019 and Indy 2020, and given the they had the same QB, wouldn't you expect Indy to have a better overall O rank than LAC last year if Reich was such a great play caller?   Not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't understand where all the "good play caller" stuff is coming from. He's only called plays in one other place (SDC), and was fired for having the worst balance in the NFL. I see him as very predictable, who lacks flow and the ability to adjust.
    • When you constantly attack simple facts/stats, especially when there is an abundance, with hypothetical fuzz, then you're simply not being intellectually honest. Combat stats/facts with other stats/facts, not with "maybes" or what ifs. The above is more what if, maybe, deflection stuff. You haven't addressed one fact I've put out with a counter fact or stat. Players fluctuate vs competition, sure. That's why you have AVGs, and put more stock in those data points as the sample size gets larger. For his position (RB), yes I do. He is what his stats say he is, until he's not. Dude, don't try it. You're the one that brought up MAC in both long and short stuff in an attempt to muddy. I spoke to both, giving factual examples of a game where he had longer passes (MN), and short passes (BUF). You're the one that tried to lean off topic.  Having a high catch rate matters. Having very few drops matters. Having a good AVG matters. Having good separation matters. Being a good blocker matters. Being clutch in a playoff game like Buffalo matters. A TE that can run a sail route effectively and in synch with his QB matters. If he only checked one of those boxes, then I would say that one stat may be misleading. Just about every stat he has, and just about every grade he has (from various sources) suggests he's pretty good. I've yet to see anything factual suggest he's not.    And again, you're adding fuzz with "maybe this", or "maybe that". Nothing you toss at the wall is sticking man. Bring a fact or stat to the table for once. Again, more subjective stuff.. OK lol... Must be all luck from the golden gods. Got it.
    • FO has Indy as #7 in offensive DVOA, and #13 in defensive DVOA in it's most current ratings. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2021/week-19-dvoa-ratings ESPN FPI efficiency also ranks the O at 10th, and the D 14th.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi/_/view/efficiencies/sort/efficiencies.defefficiencyrank/dir/asc   Sorry man, I can't take anyone all that serious that thinks a 20th ranked pass defense against our 32nd ranked schedule is even close to SB caliber. I mean, we just gave up 260+ to Glennon at home lol which is 45+ more than his average. Prior to that, 340ish to Big Ben, which is 90ish more than his average. And in the playoffs, 320+ to Allen, which is 40+ more than his average. When you allow QBs to constantly get more than their average, you're just not that good if you can't hold them to their average or lower. Especially guys like Glennon. It just defies any and all logic.
    • Nope.. gotta find the best... and not of just today, but all time! someone today vs someone from 100 years ago. Gotta debate who's better!     
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...