Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts headed to the HOF

Dogg63

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Best case scenario, he was the top RB in the league for 5 years, he only played 5 years, and he never won a playoff game or a championship. That doesn't deserve the HOF.

I don't blame him for what happened, but you can't reward someone because it's unfortunate or assume he would of done it another 5-10 years. No one (even an RB) deserves to be in the HOF from a 5 year career and no playoff or championship wins.

Playoffs or championships are not required for player to be voted into the HOF. 

You don't seem to know exactly what the HOF represents. 

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

But that is not what determines how a player is voted into the HOF. 

In Johnsons case,  5 years has gone by and his name still comes up on what a wide receiver should be like when team drafts a wide receiver. Johnson walked away early also just like Sanders did. (something about playing for the Lions I guess?) 

Johnson is listed in the top 10 receivers in NFL history in any list you can find. 

Just a little while back we had a thread about this. 

When you are comparing him to guys like Holt, Wayne, and, Ward (the guys he will be up against) how long you played will be a factor.  Is it the only factor?  Clearly no.  

Also I just said IMO he’s not a hall of famer.  That’s just my opinion.  I don’t get a vote so yes clearly he could very well still end up in the hall.  

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Playoffs or championships are not required for player to be voted into the HOF. 

You don't seem to know exactly what the HOF represents. 

Your mistaking people’s opinions as them saying it as fact when they aren’t.  Different people can view what is required to be a hall of famer different ways.  That’s why there is a committee that votes on this and not just some formula they use to say yep he’s in and he’s out.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Your mistaking people’s opinions as them saying it as fact when they aren’t.  Different people can view what is required to be a hall of famer different ways.  That’s why there is a committee that votes on this and not just some formula they use to say yep he’s in and he’s out.

No where did I insinuate that people's opinions mean anything. 

Fans want to bring up all different things like championships, what other players do and all kinds of various things that have nothing to do with an individual player making it into the HOF.

Example:: Some think that Rivers shouldn't make the HOF because he wasn't as good as Manning or Brady. 

Don Fouts was deemed HOF worthy but Rivers is not? 

Some even think having a ring makes you HOF worthy. (Joe Namath)

It is exactly as you said. There is a HOF committee that votes and has at least 48 members. 

For a player or coach to be selected they must have 80% of he votes. 

There are no certain set rules or determinations that are required for a player to be enshrined into the HOF. 

They are voted in on individual merits, not what others did. 

When you are comparing him to guys like Holt, Wayne, and, Ward (the guys he will be up against) how long you played will be a factor.  Is it the only factor?  Clearly no.  

Also I just said IMO he’s not a hall of famer.  That’s just my opinion.  I don’t get a vote so yes clearly he could very well still end up in the hall.  

Could very well end up in the HOF?

There is no doubt he will end up in the HOF. 

IMO, It also would not be a surprise for him to be a first ballet HOFer. 

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Could very well end up in the HOF?

There is no doubt he will end up in the HOF. 

IMO, It also would not be a surprise for him to be a first ballet HOFer. 

In your opinion there is no doubt.  Clearly at least some there is doubt.  That isn’t a fact like you are trying to present it as.  I think he will be interesting case to watch.  I would be surprised if he goes in on the first ballot because better WRs than him have had to wait.  Frankly WRs short of Jerry Rice don’t go in on first ballots because there is a log jam at that position.  

42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No where did I insinuate that people's opinions mean anything. 

Fans want to bring up all different things like championships, what other players do and all kinds of various things that have nothing to do with an individual player making it into the HOF.

Example:: Some think that Rivers shouldn't make the HOF because he wasn't as good as Manning or Brady. 

Don Fouts was deemed HOF worthy but Rivers is not? 

Some even think having a ring makes you HOF worthy. (Joe Namath)

It is exactly as you said. There is a HOF committee that votes and has at least 48 members. 

For a player or coach to be selected they must have 80% of he votes. 

There are no certain set rules or determinations that are required for a player to be enshrined into the HOF. 

They are voted in on individual merits, not what others did. 

And the people disagreeing with you are just saying to them he isn’t worthy of going into the Hall.  That’s their opinion.  Just because they have that opinion doesn’t mean they don’t understand how selecting players for the Hall works.  I am also not saying he won’t ultimately get in.  I am just saying I don’t think he’s worthy to me because he didn’t do it long enough and wasn’t good enough when he played to offset the fact he only played nine years.  That’s just my opinion though and as I said before I don’t get a vote.  

And the people disagreeing with you are just saying to them he isn’t worthy of going into the Hall.  That’s their opinion.  Just because they have that opinion doesn’t mean they don’t understand how selecting players for the Hall works.  I am also not saying he won’t ultimately get in.  I am just saying I don’t think he’s worthy to me because he didn’t do it long enough and wasn’t good enough when he played to offset the fact he only played nine years.  That’s just my opinion though and as I said before I don’t get a vote.  

Wasn't good enough?  You can't be serious, can you? 

Are you aware he had 4 different QBs his first 4 years? Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Stafford (10 games) and Shawn Hill. 

He also only missed 9 games in 9 years. 

Normally we pretty much agree on things but I guess not on this one. 

Saying what other players have done and bringing up championships is why I mentioned about the understanding of how players are voted on. Most fans don't even know the procedure of how a player is voted in the HOF. If they did they wouldn't bring up the things some do. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wasn't good enough?  You can't be serious, can you? 

Are you aware he had 4 different QBs his first 4 years? Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Stafford (10 games) and Shawn Hill. 

He also only missed 9 games in 9 years. 

Normally we pretty much agree on things but I guess not on this one. 

Saying what other players have done and bringing up championships is why I mentioned about the understanding of how players are voted on. Most fans don't even know the procedure of how a player is voted in the HOF. If they did they wouldn't bring up the things some do. 

I gave you my opinion we don’t agree.  Again just because we don’t agree doesn’t mean me or anyone else doesn’t understand how the process works for someone to go into the Hall of Fame. Moving on.

Archived