Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictions for Remaining Games


Recommended Posts

After our win against the Packers, I feel pretty good about this team. What do you guys think we do down the stretch?

I have our remaining games as:

 

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- W

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

I think we win end 12-4, 3rd seed. Beat wildcard opponent, lose to KC in divisional round. Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

After our win against the Packers, I feel pretty good about this team. What do you guys think we do down the stretch?

I have our remaining games as:

 

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- W

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

I think we win end 12-4, 3rd seed. Beat wildcard opponent, lose to KC in divisional round. Thoughts?


I hope we can sweep the Titans this Sunday. That may get us the division title. Here’s my prediction...

 

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- L

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

 

I have us finishing 11-5, winning the division, and hopefully challenging the Chiefs and Steelers. They are the only 2 teams I worry about facing.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

 

 

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- W

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

 

That is certainly optimistic.   There are some tough ones on the schedule to pick.  I think we go 3-3.   The Titans, Raiders, Steelers and Texans games could all end up as losses.  They are all playing good football at the moment.  I think we may end up splitting with the Texans but I wouldn't be surprised if we won both games.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Titans‐ W

Texans- W

Raiders- L

Texans- L

Steelers- W

Jaguars- W

 

Putting us at 11-5... I have the Titans doing this:

 

Colts - L

Browns - L

Jags - W

Lions - W

Packers - L

Texans - W

 

Putting them at 10-6.

 

AFC South Champs!  Playing CLE in the wildcard and redeeming our loss.  Going to Pitt and winning, going to Buffalo and losing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Colts prediction:

 

Titans‐ W

Texans- W

Raiders- L

Texans- W

Steelers- L

Jaguars- W

 

Putting us at 11-5

 

Titans prediction: 

Colts - L

Browns - W

Jags - W

Lions - W

Packers - L

Texans - W

 

Putting them at 11-5 losing to us via tie-breaker

 

 

 

Both the Colts and Titans finish 11-5 but we win via our 2-0 head to head tie-breaker. We will play Raiders in the #4 vs #5 matchup seeking revenge.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts would have to go 11. 5 to make the playoffs.  The browns and ravens have the tie breaker and have easy schedules .  No way the browns miss the playoffs . This titans game is must win game .  Colts win out every game except Steelers going 12 -4  getting hot at the right time running game starting to get going along with the passing game and defense and elite special teams .                             

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I think that there are only 4 teams in the entire NFL that can beat the Colts this year!  I'd be willing to bet the house on that.

 

(Passive aggressive response to another 'predictions' thread)

Sadly one of them is Jacksonville haha 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Sadly one of them is Jacksonville haha 

 

So true, lol.  Dream scenario - we have the division and our playoff spot wrapped up by that game.  So they let Jacoby play the 2nd Q and Eason play the second half.  

 

Hey, if we're allowed to have another thread about predictions, then I'm allowed to dream, right?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

So true, lol.  Dream scenario - we have the division and our playoff spot wrapped up by that game.  So they let Jacoby play the 2nd Q and Eason play the second half.  

 

Hey, if we're allowed to have another thread about predictions, then I'm allowed to dream, right?

Absolutely.

 

This Tennessee game is huge. If we take care of them this week, we are in a really good spot.


I'm most intrigued by the personnel we are going to use.

 

We didn't use Hines as much as we did against them the first time, so now they have to respect Taylor more. 

Wilkins could come into play too down the stretch. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Absolutely.

 

This Tennessee game is huge. If we take care of them this week, we are in a really good spot.


I'm most intrigued by the personnel we are going to use.

 

We didn't use Hines as much as we did against them the first time, so now they have to respect Taylor more. 

Wilkins could come into play too down the stretch. 

 

The great thing about Reich's offense is that the D can't concentrate on taking anyone away.  There are so many players they can feature.  I like featuring Taylor in the fourth Q when we try to wear down their D.

 

If the D that played in the second half last Sunday shows up, we should take them.

 

You're right, it's a huge game, basically for the division.  And we still have all tough games to go.  The Raiders are looking good, Steelers, obviously.  And Watson can win games by himself.

 

But, like we all said at the beginning of the season, we'll roll Jacksonville (lol!).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Colts would have to go 11. 5 to make the playoffs.  The browns and ravens have the tie breaker and have easy schedules .  No way the browns miss the playoffs . This titans game is must win game .  Colts win out every game except Steelers going 12 -4  getting hot at the right time running game starting to get going along with the passing game and defense and elite special teams .                             

Eh we are a game ahead of the Browns as it sits. And they have to play TN next week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Rivers controls ball and limits bad turnovers like he has been, I think we win out.  
 

Our D is good enough to stop any of those offenses.  And Steelers are the only remaining team on the schedule with a solid D.  
 

So, if the offense is firing like they have the last 2 weeks, we can’t beat every team left on the schedule.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Titans‐ W

Texans- W

Raiders- L

Texans- L

Steelers- W

Jaguars- W

 

Putting us at 11-5... I have the Titans doing this:

 

Colts - L

Browns - L

Jags - W

Lions - W

Packers - L

Texans - W

 

Putting them at 10-6.

 

AFC South Champs!  Playing CLE in the wildcard and redeeming our loss.  Going to Pitt and winning, going to Buffalo and losing.

Buffalo bounces the Chiefs in KC?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We win the rest of our AFCS games. Toss ups at LVR and at Pitt.

 

I think we're capable of beating both LVR and Pitt. 

 

LVR is playing really well and has the best/#1 SoS in the league so far.

 

Pitt is undefeated, but has literally the worst SoS in the league so far. 

 

We have the 3rd worst (30th) SoS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all are winnable but out inconsistent play on offense, which will come back at some point.  Remember it's only been a couple weeks since Baltimore.  Added with the alarming number of penalties last week......its impossible to predict.  I've never dug the "on paper" argument, although I agree it's the best baseline.  Homer in me says run the table rational me says we go 3-3 and close out at 10-6.......

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we lose to the steelers and raiders but win the rest, although division games are always harder to predict I find.

 

Every game remaining is a huge game though, this next game against the Titans and the Steelers game are the biggest of the lot IMO. If we can secure a win this weekend, we gain huge momentum and a win over the only other threat in the division. If we beat the Steelers we get revenge for numerous losses to them over the years and show we can beat one of the best in the NFL and who knows, maybe even win the SB :eek:... I feel crazy for even saying that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think that there are only 4 teams in the entire NFL that can beat the Colts this year!  I'd be willing to bet the house on that.

 

(Passive aggressive response to another 'predictions' thread)

Please don't. I'd hate to see a loyal fan homeless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We win the rest of our AFCS games. Toss ups at LVR and at Pitt.

 

I think we're capable of beating both LVR and Pitt. 

 

LVR is playing really well and has the best/#1 SoS in the league so far.

 

Pitt is undefeated, but has literally the worst SoS in the league so far. 

 

We have the 3rd worst (30th) SoS.

I don't think Pittsburgh stays undefeated, it wouldn't surprise me to see Baltimore knock them off tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see the Texans do well, but lose twice to us, and of course finish at least a game behind us.... 

 

Reason? ---- the better they do, the worse draft position (even though they gave their big picks away lol)... Also schedule impacts. Hope the Jags go on a winning streak too, until they play us.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Depression is a bad thing..  
    • Jack Conklin got 3/42 last year. Braden has been better than him at the same stage of their careers.  Trent Brown got 6/66 last year. 16.5M average. Braden has been better than him. + add jump in cap next year Lane Johnson was the highest paid OT in the league until recently and plays RT  4/72M, 18M average.    Also, again... keep in mind the cap is very likely to explode again next year. 
    • Why is this even a discussion? All the work Ballard has done building one of the most solid teams in the league is starting show. Grigson was gifted Andrew luck and that’s the only reason the colts did as well as they did all those years. His best moves were TY and Kelly but other than that, he did more damage than good for this team. In one draft Ballard managed to pick 2 first team all pros (Nelson and Leonard), sign a first team all pro as a UFA (odum) draft smith, Hines, and turay. All in one draft. Grigson wishes he could draft one first team all pro player in 10 drafts. If grigson lost luck and was asked to essentially build a team all while maintaining success after losing one of the best quarterbacks in the league, we wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are. In fact, I’m sure the colts would be on the decline for the next 5-10 years. Ballard has been a god send for this team. If Carson wentz can return to his 2019 form I’m sure this is the year. 1 decent draft and a Carson went revival and the colts are going to be right there competing for a SB title.
    • Well I don't watch reality TV and I have cut way back on any of the flashy bangy type movies and shows.  But I know I am not their target market!   I was watching an NCIS Los Angeles rerun yesterday for about 15 minutes and I just had to laugh.  Way to corny.  They make them out to be like special ops or something.  NCIS is investigation.  They are detectives.  Not James Bond.  But everything has to be over the top.   And now I am derailing the thread so I will stop!
  • Members

    • Archer

      Archer 605

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,513

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtJax

      ColtJax 348

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mel Kiper's Hair

      Mel Kiper's Hair 2,161

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 714

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DEFENSE

      DEFENSE 228

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 9,190

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 5,346

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,038

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • joecolts

      joecolts 91

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...