Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

An Odd Take...?

Dingus McGirt

Erm. maybe in so much that they are both immobile QB's who spread the ball around, but that Rivers throwing motion is reminiscent of no one but Rivers. He could be playing in a plain jersey among 31 other QBs on a field and i could tell you who Rivers was just by looking at his arm.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Just re-watched the Packers game.  If I didn't know better, I would almost think #18 was under center for Indy.  So many of Rivers' play were reminiscient of Manning.

Rivers has resembled Manning in many ways for a long time.  Neither was the most physically gifted QB, but they make up for it by beating you with their brains.

I've long considered Rivers to be a Peyton Jr, with his own quirks added in of course.  The main difference, aside from throwing motion,  is that Peyton was always known to be a thoroughbred, while Rivers has always been the counted out underdog...even dating back to college (SEC teams wanted him to play TE, which is why he ended up going to NC State).  I truly believe that if Rivers ended up going somewhere other than San Diego, folks would view his career in a much different light.  I'm just thrilled that he got out of that dumpster fire while he still has another year or two left in the tank.

37 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Erm. maybe in so much that they are both immobile QB's who spread the ball around, but that Rivers throwing motion is reminiscent of no one but Rivers. He could be playing in a plain jersey among 31 other QBs on a field and i could tell you who Rivers was just by looking at his arm.

Well also the field commander aspect, IMO. Lots of guys manage games well, but some more than others just LOOK like commanders and Rivers us one for sure.

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Yes, sir.  I wasn't really focusing on the motion though...more the movement in the pocket, and the result.  :^)

57 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I can’t find it but isn’t there a clip where he blocks and Jeff Saturday goes crazy saying I saw that or something like that

57 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:
hour ago, jvan1973 said:

18 dishing out some pancakes. 

https://youtu.be/kpuPPhL1TvA

Found it.  At 36 sec mark.  I saw you big daddy!

https://www.colts.com/video/best-of-peyton-manning-mic-d-up

7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Yeah but Peytons happy feet were just as goofy looking as Rivers throwing motion.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My favorite Peyton audible was when he yelled out BONANZA BONANZA, JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN - I will never forget Jeff Saturday on the sideline say WTH was that :funny:

In my search for the block above, i found this gem.  I hadn't seen it before and it is awesome!

Just Snap The Damn Ball Colts - YouTube

Archived