Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelvin Hayden

Mr.Debonair

Just 6 years ago the Colts had THE BEST YOUNG D backfield in the NFL...

Sanders, Bethea, Jackson, ..... and ok... David.

What the heck, the Beatles had Ringo, the Colts had Jason David. heehe...

Oh well... times change fast in this league.

I would give Bob Sanders another chance if he wanted it...

we have some developmental time here..

..how old is he

Sanders is 31, but he might as well be 81 because we might get one good tackle out of him before he's on IR. He and Hayden are hurt too much to waste any cap space on.

I'd like him back, but only for cheap. Our biggest mistake was to give him so much money, and give so much money to a guy who was good at best. I'd say pass, but if he comes for cheap, then I won't be upset.

But he was seen as a project and projected later rounds. Perhaps we could have taken him later but he certainly turned out nice and it was some vision to take a guy that had been a wr for most of his career only to have one year of cb and see that he had potential. I think it was a nice pick...he had some valuable service to us and simply outplayed his contract...then we gave him the big one and he got hurt.

Just 6 years ago the Colts had THE BEST YOUNG D backfield in the NFL...

Sanders, Bethea, Jackson, ..... and ok... David.

What the heck, the Beatles had Ringo, the Colts had Jason David. heehe...

Oh well... times change fast in this league.

Jason david made some plays in our defense.

That being said, I will never forget the opening game when Peyton Manning burned Jason david over and over against the Saints. (whom paid him a lot of $$$) A few days later on the Jim Rome show, Jim accused Peyton of burning him because he was a former team member and left for $. Jason david proceeded to have a terrible year in NO if I remmember correctly. And Jim never apologized.... I don't watch his show much anymore.

you are forgetting that if we had Hayden right now, he would be better than any CB we have at this point.

beggers can't be choosers.

P.S. yes, he is better than Powers

Or atleast was.. I liked the combo of hayden and jackson when they were healthy

you are forgetting that if we had Hayden right now, he would be better than any CB we have at this point.

beggers can't be choosers.

P.S. yes, he is better than Powers

He may have BEEN better than Powers. With a neck fusion and an inability to stay healthy, I will take the cheaper player. We cut the best player on our team because of neck fusion surgery and age. Why in God's name would we bring in another neck-issue on a bloated contract?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now