Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Imagine...

JPFolks

13 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

That is true.  He has said he'd like to remain a Colt (but of course, why would he say otherwise when still under contract).  It may be beneficial to us that he was hurt as he probably won't be the one setting his market price (i.e., it's not like he's coming off an all-pro year and can demand top $, he's going to have to sign a relatively short term deal with minimal guarantees and more incentive-based).  

TBH, if he left Indy, I tend to think his most likely destination would be Chicago to reunite w/ Pagano.

That is a very good point Curb!

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I hope you're right.  I have Hilton on my fantasy team and I keep starting him because I keep thinking this will be the week he explodes. :)

You must be a masochist, there are so many better options. I had him on 5 teams and dumped him week 3.  Right now Pittman is a way better option. For that matter, Pascal has been better. You don't really keep starting him do you?

4 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

You must be a masochist, there are so many better options. I had him on 5 teams and dumped him week 3.  Right now Pittman is a way better option. For that matter, Pascal has been better. You don't really keep starting him do you?

Yeah, I keep holding out hope.  Pittman is not available in my league,

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I know there are a few that are enamored with Metcalf but after watching him I couldn't help but notice he had an issue with drop passes. I haven't seen all of his games so I cant say it is a huge issue but it was in his last game.

Lockett is all around better than Metcalf.  

I may eat my words but right now I would take Pittman over Metcalf. I think Pittman has better hands.

You are entitled to your own opinion...but I don't see how Pittman turning a couple of short crossing routes into 40+ yard receptions because of blown coverages makes him better than Metcalf. 

As for having better hands...maybe that's true...but Metcalf's aDOT is like 2x higher than Pittman...so of course he would catch a lower percentage of targets. But it's still only 4 drops this year...and FWIW...Pittman's contested catch rate is actually lower (33%) than Metcalf's (43%). But Pittman only has had 3 contested targets because they don't really throw it deep to him.

So far Pittman has mostly run shorter routes...we have yet to see him be any kind of true deep threat...like Metcalf. We might not see that until a new QB comes in though. For now...I think he's right in line with that WR2 projection going forward. 

20 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

You are entitled to your own opinion...but I don't see how Pittman turning a couple of short crossing routes into 40+ yard receptions because of blown coverages makes him better than Metcalf. 

As for having better hands...maybe that's true...but Metcalf's aDOT is like 2x higher than Pittman...so of course he would catch a lower percentage of targets. But it's still only 4 drops this year...and FWIW...Pittman's contested catch rate is actually lower (33%) than Metcalf's (43%). But Pittman only has had 3 contested targets because they don't really throw it deep to him.

So far Pittman has mostly run shorter routes...we have yet to see him be any kind of true deep threat...like Metcalf. We might not see that until a new QB comes in though. For now...I think he's right in line with that WR2 projection going forward. 

Pitt will probably never be a consistent deep threat.  Not that type of player.  Possession type of guy.  He’ll get lots of yac.

18 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He also had the least balls thrown to his zone or something like that his 2nd year.  He was really good.  Achilles is a mother of an injury though.

Yes, I think because of his knack for interceptions teams mostly avoided him after his rookie year, which (I think) is why his int numbers went down.

And yes, even 5-7 years ago, I'd say it'd be unlikely for an athlete like him (relying on speed, quickness, burst, jumping ability, etc.) to come back and compete at a top-notch level.  Hopefully with the rapid advancements in technology and new treatment methods, he can come back to the same form he was in prior.  Then again, who knows, I think his rookie deal was a fully guaranteed $12.29 million - maybe he'll decide he doesn't feel like dealing with being injured and getting new surgeries and going to rehab every year.

10 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Imagine Eason’s our QB,

it’s easy if you look

no need for Fields or Lawrence

don’t even mention Book.

Imagine Lucas Oil

hosting playoffs every year.  Woo Hoo!

(sorry John)

Well done, but I say you're a dreamer

10 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes, I think because of his knack for interceptions teams mostly avoided him after his rookie year, which (I think) is why his int numbers went down.

And yes, even 5-7 years ago, I'd say it'd be unlikely for an athlete like him (relying on speed, quickness, burst, jumping ability, etc.) to come back and compete at a top-notch level.  Hopefully with the rapid advancements in technology and new treatment methods, he can come back to the same form he was in prior.  Then again, who knows, I think his rookie deal was a fully guaranteed $12.29 million - maybe he'll decide he doesn't feel like dealing with being injured and getting new surgeries and going to rehab every year.

Are their big advances in Achilles repair?  I hadn’t heard that.  

11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Imagine Eason’s our QB,

it’s easy if you look

no need for Fields or Lawrence

don’t even mention Book.

Imagine Lucas Oil

hosting playoffs every year.  Woo Hoo!

(sorry John)

Hey..... Jimmy owns Lennon’s piano.... you should ask him if you can come on in an tickle the ivorys! 

:banana:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/nfl/ny-sports-jim-irsay-indianapolis-colts-john-lennon-piano-20190421-xsf4so2odzhb5gshyrf7xbquqa-story,amp.html

11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

We haven't even seen a smidgeon of Pittman's talent. 

I do agree we may not see exactly what Pittman can do with Rivers as the QB. 

The only concern about Eason is he lost his job to Jake Fromm at UGA and was unable to win it back.

After he transferred to WA he was a marginal QB that was really unable to carry his team.

Most QBs in college even if they come from bad teams stand out and look like the best player on their team and carry them to a premiere bowl game.

That never happened with Eason. He was average at WA at best

17 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yeah, I keep holding out hope.  Pittman is not available in my league,

Do you at least have other options in your league? i.e. bench players? 

I am surprised we didn't have leagues from this message board. Maybe we should do that next year. 

20 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I always forget about Eason.. Here I am always thinking we are so good everywhere but we have an aging QB.. but we have someone just brewing lol. does he have good mobility? 

More mobile than Rivers but that isn't saying much.  

Way less mobile than Andrew Luck.  

If I had to guess he would be a shade above Brissett's mobility but probably doesn't have Brissett's strength.  

17 hours ago, Nickster said:

Pitt will probably never be a consistent deep threat.  Not that type of player.  Possession type of guy.  He’ll get lots of yac.

I agree...I think he's a possession WR...and they are certainly using him that way...but eventually you would like to see if he can make plays downfield because of his height. We probably won't see that with Rivers though.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

I agree...I think he's a possession WR...and they are certainly using him that way...but eventually you would like to see if he can make plays downfield because of his height. We probably won't see that with Rivers though.

Wouldn't he be a huge red zone target? Frankly if he is a possession receiver who is also a big red zone guy  who also gets tons of yards after catch, that would be plenty for me.  Paris Campbell and TY should be our deep threats.  Plus our new speedster, he needs to go deep this season.  I am not sure why anyone would be unhappy with Pittman Jr.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are slowly seeing what Pittman can do. Next is 50/50 balls. I think he can be a deep threat. We haven’t seen it all yet.

We have other guys who can/should be deep threats.  The reality is Rivers isn't trying to go deep or they aren't running patterns or both.  TY would probably appreciate a couple deep balls his way or perhaps our speedy new guy. 

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Kind of curious why you think this?  He was a college deep threat?

Well he had a 4.52 40.  He’s not a burner type guy.  He will probably get behind a guy occasionally with fakes and play actions, but he doesn’t have consistent deep threat speed.

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

If the Colts keep winning I could see the Raiders or Steelers game getting flexed.

I don't know, there are other intriguing matches in competition with both of those  games. Colts at Raiders is almost certainly blocked by Steelers vs Bills, and Colts vs Steelers could superceded by Packers vs Titans in Week 16.

Ours would probably be the more interesting game, but the Packers could be trying to  lock up the NFC's top seed and depending on what happens this Sunday, the Titans may be trying to secure a playoff berth or possibly the divisional title.

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I don't know, there are other intriguing matches in competition with both of those  games. Colts at Raiders is almost certainly blocked by Steelers vs Bills, and Colts vs Steelers could superceded by Packers vs Titans in Week 16.

Ours would probably be the more interesting game, but the Packers could be trying to  lock up the NFC's top seed and depending on what happens this Sunday, the Titans may be trying to secure a playoff berth or possibly the divisional title.

Of course other matchups will play a factor but if the Colts win Sunday I’d argue the Colts and Steelers is of more importance than Packers vs Titans. By the same token if the Titans win Sunday that flips.   

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Of course other matchups will play a factor but if the Colts win Sunday I’d argue the Colts and Steelers is of more importance than Packers vs Titans. By the same token if the Titans win Sunday that flips.   

If we win Sunday, the Titans may be totally out of the playoff hunt by Week 16, depending on how they do in the next few weeks.

Archived