Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies are starting to get it.

Bert Johns

Just now, IinD said:

Blackmon looks to be a legit player.

Who was #55 I saw on the edge a few times yesterday? To lazy to remember.

Definitely looked like we had several depth players playing important minutes against a HOF qb and did well.

yeah i even saw Windsow in at DT for a snap or two.

Pittman is only going to get better. This draft class is definitely showing faster returns than the previous one, IMO.

I think our questions on player development, something the previous regime didn't do so well, is being answered slowly but surely. 

11 minutes ago, IinD said:

Blackmon looks to be a legit player.

Who was #55 I saw on the edge a few times yesterday? To lazy to remember.

Definitely looked like we had several depth players playing important minutes against a HOF qb and did well.

#55 is Cassius Marsh, a 7 year journeyman vet. 

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Pittman is only going to get better. This draft class is definitely showing faster returns than the previous one, IMO.

I think our questions on player development, something the previous regime didn't do so well, is being answered slowly but surely. 

Also looks like they took less projects this time around. Last year Ya-Sin, Banogu, Okereke, and Tell were all considered super Raw. This year we took Pittman, Taylor, and Blackmon as our first 3 picks and aside from Blackmon’s injury, they were all pro ready. Looks like Ballard didn’t reach on “potential” and athleticism, and drafted proven producers. All 3 of those guys had great college production.

I'm pretty hyped up about Pittman, he's definitely emerging the past couple games. I hope we can feed him the ball even more so. Taylor is definitely hard nosed runner. I think he's missing some of the open holes and running into our O-Line's backs here and there but he's improving. I will be really curious what we do when Mack is healthy again because I love Mack but the injury bug is there with him. Blackmon is off the charts. I don't even know how someone like him gets thrown in the defense when he's not even 100% and he's playing like another Darius Leonard out there. It's bonkers to me but I'm glad he's on our team.

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also looks like they took less projects this time around. Last year Ya-Sin, Banogu, Okereke, and Tell were all considered super Raw. This year we took Pittman, Taylor, and Blackmon as our first 3 picks and aside from Blackmon’s injury, they were all pro ready. Looks like Ballard didn’t reach on “potential” and athleticism, and drafted proven producers. All 3 of those guys had great college production.

Yep, good observation. Like Polian said, you want productive football players that are good athletes instead of great athletes that do not have good football production.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Okereke was....   raw?

A 3-year starter at Stanford?    Raw?   He graded out as the number one rookie linebacker in the entire NFL and you think he was RAW?

Goodness...     

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm pretty hyped up about Pittman, he's definitely emerging the past couple games. I hope we can feed him the ball even more so. Taylor is definitely hard nosed runner. I think he's missing some of the open holes and running into our O-Line's backs here and there but he's improving. I will be really curious what we do when Mack is healthy again because I love Mack but the injury bug is there with him. Blackmon is off the charts. I don't even know how someone like him gets thrown in the defense when he's not even 100% and he's playing like another Darius Leonard out there. It's bonkers to me but I'm glad he's on our team.

That's who I'm in love with right now. Granted not every play is perfect, but he looks to be an above average player with instincts. I like how you can occasionally see him shifting guys around in the secondary and guys looking back towards him to see what's up on the back end. Willis is definitely 1B back there.

Blackmon can tackle and seems to be a high IQ player instead of just an athlete. And he's done this coming off an injury and thrust into action. 

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

And that snap Painter played yesterday to snap it to Rivers was the greatest snap in the history of football!

okay I am being a little tongue in check because I am pulling for my Ball State Cardinal!

I am also rooting for the Cardinal to make it. Love these smaller school kids getting a chance to shine and make it. Seems like GB also had a Indiana Sycamore player on the team as well. Power houses lol. 

Archived