Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A message to Colt fans


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Eagle fans get a bad rap

   People still bring up th3 snowball incident which many of today’s fan had nothing to do with

I will have to disagree with you big time.

I went to the Colts vs the Eagles game in Philly in 2010. 

We lost 26-24  Philly had Vick then.

During that game I had beer and food thrown on me and was hit in the back of the neck by a rock on my way out. 

I can take the names and the dirty looks but to be attacked like I was it was very bad. 

So IMO the bad rap is well deserved. There was a reason they had a jail cell in the stadium. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is not the entire fan base

 

True enough, but it does color perception.  Even if this is just a problem that the eagles are allowing people to do this while other NFL teams have cracked down on it with better security . . . it's still somewhat telling.  

 

I just have yet to hear anything good about Eagles fans in comparison to how they treat visiting fans at their stadium.  

 

I know that's not scientific but it's sort of a "where there is smoke there is fire" sort of deal for me.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

We swept the north so dont feel too badly.  You"re still the class of the division. My enrire family is comprised packers fans so although this win is sweet for me, it is with humility and understanding of disappointment that I accept it.  Every 4 years we celebrate "civil war".  Lol "brother against brother".  I cant rub it in tho.  Love 'em too much.

I hear ya’.  Am in the same boat with two older brothers.  We did a chat yesterday during the game talking trash, lol.  First half was tough, but I told them we do well in the 2nd half after making adjustments.  Seeing as it went to overtime I couldn’t trash them after it was over.  It was a battle just like I thought it would be.  And, yeah, I love them too much, too!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

True enough, but it does color perception.  Even if this is just a problem that the eagles are allowing people to do this while other NFL teams have cracked down on it with better security . . . it's still somewhat telling.  

 

I just have yet to hear anything good about Eagles fans in comparison to how they treat visiting fans at their stadium.  

Agree.  My son lives up in the area and he is a lifelong Giants fan.  Says Eagles stadium fans are some of the worst.  Don’t ever go there wearing your colors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Congratulations and hats off to you guys on your win. This loss stings I have to admit. I admit those holding calls were pretty Bad that pushed you out of FG range. We were up 14 and blew it. We really didn’t deserve to win this game. You guys won the turnover battle including the most crucial one that MVS fumbled away. I think we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again if we get there. This game is totally reminiscent to the 2012 game in Indy against you guys. Anyway there was some bad holding calls on you guys but you deserved the win anyway. You never gave up down 14 and I could feel the momentum shift in the 2nd half. Best wishes to you guys on the rest of your season. You Colt fans from this interaction and the one 4 years ago are good people.

 

I'm not sure about that.  Packers are really good.  It wouldn't surprise me if they won it all this year in all honesty.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 12:58 AM, Arodgers12 said:
On 11/23/2020 at 12:51 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

Did some of your fellow “fans” threaten MVS after the loss?

 

@Arodgers12

Not that I’ve heard but we didn’t deserve to win anyway. You guys dominated us in the 2nd half. Those holding calls were bad too. You guys do have our number it seems. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 12:49 AM, Arodgers12 said:

Congratulations and hats off to you guys on your win. This loss stings I have to admit. I admit those holding calls were pretty Bad that pushed you out of FG range. We were up 14 and blew it. We really didn’t deserve to win this game. You guys won the turnover battle including the most crucial one that MVS fumbled away. I think we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again if we get there. This game is totally reminiscent to the 2012 game in Indy against you guys. Anyway there was some bad holding calls on you guys but you deserved the win anyway. You never gave up down 14 and I could feel the momentum shift in the 2nd half. Best wishes to you guys on the rest of your season. You Colt fans from this interaction and the one 4 years ago are good people.

Best of luck the rest of the year; I really don’t think the Packers are in that dire of straits, just taking care of the football and maybe not playing dime every single defensive snap and you’re looking at top three NFC team. 

 

If this makes you feel any better, one of my biggest prides as a Colts fan is telling people that the Packers have never won in Indy; that’s not an insult, but rather an indication of how well-respected the Packers are. You have no idea how cool it is to beat the Packers, because...well...they’re the Packers!!!

 

P.S.- Please beat Tennessee for us! We took care of the Lions, Bears, and Vikings, so I think it’s only fair....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Best of luck the rest of the year; I really don’t think the Packers are in that dire of straits, just taking care of the football and maybe not playing dime every single defensive snap and you’re looking at top three NFC team. 

 

If this makes you feel any better, one of my biggest prides as a Colts fan is telling people that the Packers have never won in Indy; that’s not an insult, but rather an indication of how well-respected the Packers are. You have no idea how cool it is to beat the Packers, because...well...they’re the Packers!!!

 

P.S.- Please beat Tennessee for us! We took care of the Lions, Bears, and Vikings, so I think it’s only fair....

The Titans will crush us. We don’t play well against physical teams like them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 12:21 PM, Valpo2004 said:

 

It's not just that. . . anyone that I've ever run into who has been a visiting fan there has said it was bad.  Most say people throw things at them during the game.  

In Colt fans opinions would we do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...