Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A message to Colt fans

1 minute ago, Arodgers12 said:

Congratulations and hats off to you guys on your win. This loss stings I have to admit. I admit those holding calls were pretty Bad that pushed you out of FG range. We were up 14 and blew it. We really didn’t deserve to win this game. You guys won the turnover battle including the most crucial one that MVS fumbled away. I think we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again if we get there. This game is totally reminiscent to the 2012 game in Indy against you guys. Anyway there was some bad holding calls on you guys but you deserved the win anyway. You never gave up down 14 and I could feel the momentum shift in the 2nd half. Best wishes to you guys on the rest of your season. You Colt fans from this interaction and the one 4 years ago are good people.

Good luck and who knows maybe we'll  meet in the super bowl 

9 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Congratulations and hats off to you guys on your win. This loss stings I have to admit. I admit those holding calls were pretty Bad that pushed you out of FG range. We were up 14 and blew it. We really didn’t deserve to win this game. You guys won the turnover battle including the most crucial one that MVS fumbled away. I think we will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again if we get there. This game is totally reminiscent to the 2012 game in Indy against you guys. Anyway there was some bad holding calls on you guys but you deserved the win anyway. You never gave up down 14 and I could feel the momentum shift in the 2nd half. Best wishes to you guys on the rest of your season. You Colt fans from this interaction and the one 4 years ago are good people.

Pure class post.

• Like 7
Just now, Arodgers12 said:

Not that I’ve heard but we didn’t deserve to win anyway. You guys dominated us in the 2nd half. Those holding calls were bad too. You guys do have our number it seems. 

Saw it on Twitter from MVS himself

curse of the Magic Man Don Majkowski

Very Funny Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

You've been a class act all week, totally appreciate fans like you.  Packers are gonna be fine, this was a 50/50 slugfest from the day it was scheduled.  Strength v strenght and the colts happened to pull it out today.  3 games on a neutral field who knows who wins the series.  Great game and thx for being the aforementioned class act.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

You've been a class act all week, totally appreciate fans like you.  Packers are gonna be fine, this was a 50/50 slugfest from the day it was scheduled.  Strength v strenght and the colts happened to pull it out today.  3 games on a neutral field who knows who wins the series.  Great game and thx for being the aforementioned class act.

You guys beat us in 2016 too and I think it was up here. If anyone kind of owns us it’s you guys.

We will lose to them. I just don’t see us beating them.

Their D will struggle to contain GB

The only thing that helped them handle Baltimore was the BB game plan

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

We will lose to them. I just don’t see us beating them.

Animated GIF

You guys beat us in 2016 too and I think it was up here. If anyone kind of owns us it’s you guys.

We swept the north so dont feel too badly.  You"re still the class of the division. My enrire family is comprised packers fans so although this win is sweet for me, it is with humility and understanding of disappointment that I accept it.  Every 4 years we celebrate "civil war".  Lol "brother against brother".  I cant rub it in tho.  Love 'em too much.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Sumo63 said:

We swept the north so dont feel too badly.  You"re still the class of the division. My enrire family is comprised packers fans so although this win is sweet for me, it is with humility and understanding of disappointment that I accept it.  Every 4 years we celebrate "civil war".  Lol "brother against brother".  I cant rub it in tho.  Love 'em too much.

I remember the last time we played in 2016 Luck and Hilton destroyed us.

4 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Every time we play GB I think of a former colleague of my Dad who was a big Packers fan

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Thanks for the classy posts. This game took years off of my life. I don’t often watch Rodgers play so today was a treat. He’s just amazing and makes it look way too easy sometimes. He’s got that it factor like manning had where when you watch him you are like, “man it’s not even fair he’s that good”.  You can’t even get mad when he’s destroying your favorite team because you know it’s going to happen so you just accept it lol. It hurts much more when some backup comes in and carves your defense up and believe me us colts fans know all about that feeling.  If by some miracle Rodgers ever leaves GB and becomes a colt ( I never say never after all rivers is a colt and I hated his guts for years lol). If he ever becomes a colt feel free to jump ship and become a colts fan. We could use more classy people on this forum and as colts fans. Heck tell GB we will even trade a few of the grouchy people who post on here to bring you over.   Btw are you from GB?  I know they have fans all over the nation but just wondering. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Classy!!! Thank you, sir!

5 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Personally, I thought most of those holding calls were good calls.

I would have to go back and look but I seen at least 2 or 3 that were really nit picky. There were a couple that definitely were that I remember but typically a REF could call holding on about every play, we had 9 which was ridiculous.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would have to go back and look but I seen at least 2 or 3 that were really nit picky. There were a couple that definitely were that I remember but typically a REF could call holding on about every play, we had 9 which was ridiculous.

One of the calls on Glowinski was suspect.  Prettt much all the others....well, let’s just say that had the jerseys been reversed and the refs wouldn’t have flagged them, I’d have been livid.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

You should have a bit more faith in your team when it comes to the playoffs. Having Aaron Rodgers alone makes you a Super Bowl contender. The Packers defense played lights out in the first half and despite the Colts coming back and winning, you should be proud of all the pieces you guys seem to have in place. Your coaching staff called one hell of a game. Your offensive line and running backs played one heck of a game. I understand Rodgers frustration with picking a QB in the first round and not giving him another weapon or two in the draft because if they had, he would've gotten the best out of those guys, and Rodgers can make anyone look like a million bucks, he's that special. This was one of the best Colts games win or lose, I have ever watched since becoming a fan in 94. I would LOVE it if the Colts were able to get Aaron Rodgers for a year or two, but that's just wishful thinking. Philip Rivers decided to show up to day and look like a Pro Bowler. Hell of a game, dude.

7 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Hey it was an instant classic.  Definitely could have gone either way.  Two franchises that have been around a while and haven't really changed the uni's much in decades.  I like that tradition.

I have a family member that is a BIG Packer backer.  Every so often I get invited to a game.  Been to Lambeau many times, something I don't take lightly.  I feel blessed to be able to say I've been to "Football Heaven", eaten at Curley's, been to the HOF, etc.  Because of him, I would consider the Pack my 2nd favorite team.  Nobody does tailgates and gamedays like Packers fans.  NOBODY.  And people you don't know are SO nice.  Offering food and drink with no reservation.  I've never been lucky enough to see the Colts up there but I have worn my Colts gear to games before and aside from a few good-natured ribs nobody has EVER given me any crap.  Packers fans, most anyway, are cool as heck and just want to see good football, which you guys mostly get to see.  And some are funny as hell because they've been into the "medicine" since 9:00 a.m.  LOL. 

And I wouldn't be so quick to kick dirt on their playoff chances.  You win your division, and it seems you will, you get a home playoff game.  At Lambeau.  In January.  Somewhere nobody wants to play.  And you still have one of the best QB's going.  You will have a tremendous chance to win at least one.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They can call holding or pass interference on just about every play.  I don't have the All 22 anymore but when I did it was easy to see how many fouls are committed on every play.  I used to wonder why D linemen didn't complain when they were being held most of the time, but it's just part of the game to them.

Usually if it didn't affect the play or wasn't totally egregious, the refs let them go.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

They can call holding or pass interference on just about every play.  I don't have the All 22 anymore but when I did it was easy to see how many fouls are committed on every play.  I used to wonder why D linemen didn't complain when they were being held most of the time, but it's just part of the game to them.

Usually if it didn't affect the play or wasn't totally egregious, the refs let them go.  

I used to see Freeney get held on a lot of plays where it wasn't called. I can see a Ref calling it at times but 9 times is comical.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Not that I’ve heard but we didn’t deserve to win anyway. You guys dominated us in the 2nd half. Those holding calls were bad too. You guys do have our number it seems. 

I saw on my news feed that he got some death threats.  Ugly part to major sports.  I don't think any fanbase is immune.  

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

I admit this loss hurts a lot. Thanks to you guys for not kicking us while we’re down like Chicago or Minnesota fans would.

Honestly it was a weird game that both teams made a lot of pretty crazy mistakes. . . Colts we're just fortunate that Green Bay was the team to make the last mistake.  

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I saw on my news feed that he got some death threats.  Ugly part to major sports.  I don't think any fanbase is immune.  

I promise You  most of us aren’t like that. This is disappointing to hear. I hope MVS is ok, there’s no need for that. 

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I promise You  most of us aren’t like that. This is disappointing to hear. I hope MVS is ok, there’s no need for that. 

No I don't think most football fans are period. . . with the possible exception of Eagles fans.  (I have just heard so many bad things about their fan base that I can't really ignore it.)

His team and his coach are backing him as they should.  It happens.

Last year Jack Doyle fumbled away one of the games the Colts we're in.  Wasn't in OT but it was a 1 score game at the end of the game and the Colts we're driving pretty successfully and looked poised to score.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

No I don't think most football fans are period. . . with the possible exception of Eagles fans.  (I have just heard so many bad things about their fan base that I can't really ignore it.)

His team and his coach are backing him as they should.  It happens.

Last year Jack Doyle fumbled away one of the games the Colts we're in.  Wasn't in OT but it was a 1 score game at the end of the game and the Colts we're driving pretty successfully and looked poised to score.

Eagle fans get a bad rap

People still bring up th3 snowball incident which many of today’s fan had nothing to do with

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Eagle fans get a bad rap

People still bring up th3 snowball incident which many of today’s fan had nothing to do with

It's not just that. . . anyone that I've ever run into who has been a visiting fan there has said it was bad.  Most say people throw things at them during the game.