Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Special Teams deserves a shout out.

KelownaColtsFan

Best unit in the league.

48 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

I think the special teams unit deserves a little credit. Blankenship had a tough miss on that 50 yarder. But besides that they've been really good last couple games. Had a key forced fumble today, and let's not forget that blocked kick TD last week.

Or the kickoff return for a TD earlier this year, great coverage all year and rodgio pinning teams deep all year.  All that’s missing is a punt return for a TD.

I think they've been pretty good all year save a play here and there.  You don't see a lot of long returns, we have gotten some longer ones, and the kicking game both punting and FG's and kickoffs have been outstanding.  Yeah, Hot Rod may not have the strongest leg in the league but he's been pretty accurate.  That kick he missed both my son and I thought he hit it cause it was right down Meridian.  Just a foot short.  

Bubba is buckin for a promotion.  Hope we don't lose him (or Flus).

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Yeah, one thing about Belichick was he emphasized special teams a lot. No wonder Bubba (who came from NE too) and Joe Judge are good sticklers for details. Joe Judge even coaches O-line, I heard. I know it is always a fine line with being over every detail and micro management. As long as the job gets done at a high level, that is what matters. :) 

43 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think we should enjoy what we have while it lasts. I dont want to think about that (Flus) lol 

But I honestly think maybe Frank and Flus are not so different. They need the foundational piece for their respective scheme to work. 

Frank did a pretty decent job coaching yesterday and you cant hit on every play. 

Archived