Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I want honest answers to this


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

All I know is that only 3 teams have a better record than us right now, and Rivers is playing well, not to mention 2 comebacks. 

It would be foolish not to bring him back if he maintains his current level of play. He's close to his 2018 level right now.

I agree with this 100%. If his level of play remains the same from now until the start of next season and he is willing to play one more for us, we should keep him and extend that window one more year. We'll still have Eason on the team and can sign a 3rd QB or draft one on day 3 maybe.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Several posters are so against bringing Rivers back for 1 more year.    This is the 2nd time  (Bengals) he has led HUGE double digit comeback.    Are you more open to another River

I don’t mean to split hairs....   But while freely admitting 2020 Rivers isn’t 2010 Rivers or even 2018 Rivers, he’s certainly much better than 2019 Rivers.  He’s having a very good year, an

I’m definitely not opposed to it. Ask me in 8 weeks

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

All I know is that only 3 teams have a better record than us right now, and Rivers is playing well, not to mention 2 comebacks. 

It would be foolish not to bring him back if he maintains his current level of play. He's close to his 2018 level right now.

Last 2 weeks, Rivers has played like a pro bowler considering the teams we have played. We just beat 2 teams that are 7-3 back to back.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last 2 weeks, Rivers has played like a pro bowler considering the teams we have played. We just beat 2 teams that are 7-3 back to back.

Yep, a lot of us on the forum were saying the Colts had an easy schedule and we were beating easy opponents, now they are proving they are for real. The Packers smacked us around in the 1st half, but we made 2nd half adjustments and the team balled out. Quality win today!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, a lot of us on the forum were saying the Colts had an easy schedule and we were beating easy opponents, now they are proving they are for real. The Packers smacked us around in the 1st half, but we made 2nd half adjustments and the team balled out. Quality win today!

I think folks questioning the schedule, were questioning the D's ranking. I'm one of them. Any time you give up 300+ yards passing and 30+ points, you're D didn't play that well. They showed up in the second half at times, which was good. They were absent 1H in the last two games though.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think so too. I think we are better Tennessee, not by much but we are as long we play smart and don't turn it over. Only KC and Pitt are better in the AFC, we actually beat ourselves vs the Ravens.

We beat ourselves all 3 games.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Several posters are so against bringing Rivers back for 1 more year. 

 

This is the 2nd time  (Bengals) he has led HUGE double digit comeback. 

 

Are you more open to another Rivers year cause I am.

 

We could very well be 5 - 5 without him 

nah i want to see Eason play next year. i'm sure he will do fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I think folks questioning the schedule, were questioning the D's ranking. I'm one of them. Any time you give up 300+ yards passing and 30+ points, you're D didn't play that well. They showed up in the second half at times, which was good. They were absent 1H in the last two games though.

We beat ourselves all 3 games.

That Jags game still bugs me, that is just how I am wired lmao 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

I think folks questioning the schedule, were questioning the D's ranking. I'm one of them. Any time you give up 300+ yards passing and 30+ points, you're D didn't play that well. They showed up in the second half at times, which was good. They were absent 1H in the last two games though.

I was very vocal that people would be surprised when Rodgers scored at will on us today. He did just that in the first half and it looked bad. Luckily, we adjusted at halftime and turned the game around. Still, we have to play a full game in the playoffs Vs every team or we could make an early exit. My only small nitpick. Otherwise, they fought hard. Today showed we can be resilent, but the defense is probably a bit overrated and can be beat by a solid QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Jags game still bugs me, that is just how I am wired lmao 

Me too, we should EASILY be 8-2 this year right now. That was such a blunder of a game tbh. I hate losing games against teams like that. We'll look back at that one when the Jags have 1 or 2 wins at the end of the year and comment how embarrassing it is lol! haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I was very vocal that people would be surprised when Rodgers scored at will on us today. He did just that in the first half and it looked bad. Luckily, we adjusted at halftime and turned the game around. Still, we have to play a full game in the playoffs Vs every team or we could make an early exit. My only small nitpick. Otherwise, they fought hard. Today showed we can be resilent, but the defense is probably a bit overrated and can be beat by a solid QB.

The NFL is weird at times. We lost to the Jags but beat Tennessee and GB. :dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Me too, we should EASILY be 8-2 this year right now. That was such a blunder of a game tbh. I hate losing games against teams like that. We'll look back at that one when the Jags have 1 or 2 wins at the end of the year and comment how embarrassing it is lol! haha

Because of that, maybe no Lawrence though lmao .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was very vocal that people would be surprised when Rodgers scored at will on us today. He did just that in the first half and it looked bad. Luckily, we adjusted at halftime and turned the game around. Still, we have to play a full game in the playoffs Vs every team or we could make an early exit. My only small nitpick. Otherwise, they fought hard. Today showed we can be resilent, but the defense is probably a bit overrated and can be beat by a solid QB.

We beat a pretty solid QB today??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

We beat a pretty solid QB today??

Yep, that's why I said "can be". Rodgers and the Packers put up 31 points, which is usually enough to win, but not today. However, if the elite QBs put up that many points on average Vs us (hypothetically), we'll probably go 50/50 beating those teams. Not terrible, but it means the defense is still a bit overrated and we could improve the pass rush and CBs a bit more in the draft and FA next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He's playing great and getting better as the season goes.  Definitely bring him back with Eason as the backup.  I don't know why but I think Eason will surprise us all and be our new franchise QB after Rivers. 

I agree I have high hopes for Eason I love his arm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

nah i want to see Eason play next year. i'm sure he will do fine

Why?  I mean I am curious too but if Rivers is playing well and wants to comeback I don’t think you let a good QB walk unless you know for sure the guy you are replacing him with is better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be ok with drafting O.Line in the 1st round, LT and maybe draft another Guard in round 3. O.Lineman are obviously very important. I would go WR in Round 2 eventhough I think Pittman will pan out. I doubt we draft a QB because if we win the division, I see Rivers coming back.

I couldn't agree more we need to find the replacement for Costanzo. We are lucky he came back this year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Several posters are so against bringing Rivers back for 1 more year. 

 

This is the 2nd time  (Bengals) he has led HUGE double digit comeback. 

 

Are you more open to another Rivers year cause I am.

 

We could very well be 5 - 5 without him 

I am a Chargers fan and #17 is the biggest reason that team has been competitive for years. River was never given a good Oline and yes like last year he had some horrible games but he is one of the reasons the Colts offense is running as well as it is this year. He should be brought back IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Jags game still bugs me, that is just how I am wired lmao 

Me too, but we get them again at home in Week 17, that game could win the AFC South for us or result in a higher seed in the playoffs if we've already locked it up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JlynRN said:

I'm all for bringing Rivers next season if that's what he wants. He has improved as the season has gone on. That would give Eason more time to learn the ropes. maybe he would be the backup next season. 

Philip didn't like it much, but I'd say riding the pine behind Drew Brees for 2 seasons (with Doug Flute right beside him & in his ear for the 1st one) really helped him to be a better NFL QB, in addition to making him alot hungrier when he finally got his chance to play.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a tough situation, because the 2021 draft class is so good at QB. I don't know the 2022 class at QB yet, but this one has guys in the entire first round available to take. We do have some major holes though after this season most likely: QB, CB, EDGE, WR, and OT. So it's probably going to come down to what we fill in FA and the best players at a position of need in the draft early on.

Possibly but that also means a good LT could fall to us as well. I think the 2021 QB is gonna be the bench warming class to be honest. Last years class seems to be really good, outside of the Jets and Jags, and maybe the Broncos, there’s not a ton of desperate QB needy teams.  But there’s at least 6-7 with older QBs in their mid to late 30s. Tampa, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, is, just to name a few.  Older guys who are playing good all things considered. Do one of those teams or more take some of these QBs and let them ride the pine for a few years? I think so. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The jury is still out on a Rivers return. But he is starting to make his case. I will render my verdict at season’s end. I want to see all of the evidence. Still lots of football to be played. 

No, you have to tell us now. Not at the end of the season, not a month from now, not next week, not tomorrow, NOW! You understand that. You aren't getting out of it that easy! haha I want to know, what's your verdict? Please, please please! :) 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah me too, I actually brought that up. Their win over us may prevent them from getting Lawrence. 

Well, Ballard didn't want Lawrence in the division, and he knew the Jets would go winless. Do you blame him? haha All part of the master plan to screw the Jags! :thmup:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got my Magic 8-Ball back from the shop.  I shook it and it said "Ask Me Again".  I have a feeling it will keep saying that until the season is over.  But he has played much better the last 5 weeks than he did the first 5.  I'm not automatically opposed at this point, but would still prefer we bring in another young gun and let he and Eason battle it out.  But yeah, Old Man Rivers has NOT been the problem of late.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AZColt11 said:

I finally got my Magic 8-Ball back from the shop.  I shook it and it said "Ask Me Again".  I have a feeling it will keep saying that until the season is over.  But he has played much better the last 5 weeks than he did the first 5.  I'm not automatically opposed at this point, but would still prefer we bring in another young gun and let he and Eason battle it out.  But yeah, Old Man Rivers has NOT been the problem of late.

Cmon, persuade the magic 8 ball! I don't know its likes and desires, but get it to convey some better information. Beg, tell it that the world depends on it, feed its ego a bit. We need to know the answer and only the magic 8-ball can tell the future!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I like his approach and always have. Big, splashy free agent signings rarely translate to overall success. I'm expecting some value signings for DBs, especially Safety. Don't be surprised at another DE with some "gas left in the tank" like Justin Houston was, and maybe still is. There is a very thin line between " still able to contribute" and "past his playing days", especially with Edge guys. 
    • I think the Colts have "their guy" identified already.    If that guy isnt there, they trade the pick.   The thing is.....  If we picked up a 3rd round and went to GB or NO spot, and we got Radunz, Eich, or Cosmi I would be estatic   Cosmi OR Radunz - Later 1st Turner DE -  2nd Tremble - TE 3rd   It would be an awesome draft....   The  talent evaluators have many hours to review..... much better than some old dude hacking away on his computer   (Me)    
    • Their career statistics are almost identical for quarterback rating, completion percentage, touchdown percentage and interceptions percentage. Wentz may be higher risk after the poor season last year (I think he'll rebound in a better situation in Indy), but he may also be higher reward at age 28, compared to Stafford at age 33. 
    • I think right now my list of preferences(just OT) is: 1. Penei Sewell - not happening 2. Slater or Darrisaw with a trade up(or if for some reason Darrisaw is there for us at 21) - the thing with the Raiders is - they might actually prefer Jenkins over Darrisaw because he's been playing RT and they just gave big bucks to Kolton Miller to stay at their LT 3. Jenkins at 21 if our OL coaches think he can play LT 4. Cosmi or Walker Little at 21 or trade down 5. trade down(maybe even to R2) for everyone else... Eichenberg, Radunz, Leatherwood 6. everyone else R2 or later. 
    • Thanks...   One would think the players would get some sort of stipend for pre-season games?   Some type of fee?  Hard to believe players get nothing fit games they get hurt in?   I’ll try to see if I can find. 
  • Members

    • ClaytonC

      ClaytonC 25

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BeanDiasucci

      BeanDiasucci 190

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 834

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Btown_Colt

      Btown_Colt 456

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FRW

      FRW 125

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MikeCurtis

      MikeCurtis 2,324

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,383

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 727

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • waka waka

      waka waka 133

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 4,171

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...