Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers has a hurt toe.

GoColts8818

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is tough, he will just throw dirt on it. Dude played in the AFC Title Game with a torn Achilles at one time. 

It was a torn meniscus  L...he had surgery the Monday week of the game...and then I think after words...yeah he's tough but injuries are never good on the QB right :>)

4 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Rivers may not be the g.o.a.t but he is definitely one of the toughest QB's ever and has more fire than most. He's old school, no way he lets a toe keep him from playing.

He isn't in the top 20 QB's of all-time or top 30 realistically but he is a Hall of Famer IMO and is very good at worse. I am glad we have him and yes he is tough minded and plays in pain.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He isn't in the top 20 QB's of all-time or top 30 realistically but he is a Hall of Famer IMO and is very good at worse. I am glad we have him and yes he is tough minded and plays in pain.

I disagree.  He's definitely top 30 all time, and very arguably top 20 all time.

Rivers is a gamer. Played with torn ACL in 2007 AFCCG. He doesn’t play this long if he wasn’t tough. We’re seeing why we signed him. His record in November and December has traditionally been better than in September and October.

I am excited to see how far he takes us.

1 minute ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Top 10 all time in QB rating, completion percentage and YPA. 
#5 in yards

#6 in TDs. 

Arguably Top 10 all time. 

You have to look at more than stats the game is very different and much more QB friendly league than it was even when Dan Marino played let alone guys like Johnny U.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

You have to look at more than stats the game is very different and much more QB friendly league than it was even when Dan Marino played let alone guys like Johnny U.

Fair points.  But Rivers understands the game like few ever have.  He's very close to Peyton's mental level (who I consider to be top 3 all time), even if lifelong Colts fans don't want to admit it.  Unfortunately, Rivers wasted most of his career with one of the worst franchises in American sports.

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Fair points.  But Rivers understands the game like few ever have.  He's very close to Peyton's mental level (who I consider to be top 3 all time), even if lifelong Colts fans don't want to admit it.  Unfortunately, Rivers wasted most of his career with one of the worst franchises in American sports.

He may even be top 20 all-time? Top 30 I can definitely buy, even top 25 which is Hall of Fame material.

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I think he’s very good but I mean is he better than Manning, Johnny U, Marino, Brady ( that one hurts) Favre, Montana, Elway, Brees, Graham, or Tittle?  That’s 10 without doing much work on it.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think he’s very good but I mean is he better than Manning, Johnny U, Marino, Brady ( that one hurts) Favre, Montana, Elway, Brees, Graham, or Tittle?  That’s 10 without doing much work on it.

There have been so many greats but if someone wanted to put Rivers in the top 20 all-time I wouldn't think it would be that far of a stretch. Top 30, the more I think about it is a given. He still may play 2 or 3 more years so we will see. If a QB makes a top 50 out of 10's of thousands that have played that is even outstanding looking at it like that.

Archived