Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith Appreciation thread

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This isn’t something unique to the Colts.  This is what the vast majority of teams struggle with.

I think the only OL who didn’t get flagged today was AC.   Otherwise, Q, Kelly and Glow earned plenty of laundry.   It wasn’t just Clark and Green.   Just saying. 

Maybe we should have our OL guys wear gloves the same color of the opposing jerseys every week.  Might cut down on the holding calls?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Is Smith the one who got stitches in his hand this week from practice?

Did something during practice but I did hear what. He did end up having minor surgery from what they said in the pregame

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I hope it's not something that will cause him to miss multiple games. He was sorely missed today.

He was only questionable yesterday, so unless something really crazy happened overnight, he should be back next week I would think. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, cbear said:

He was only questionable yesterday, so unless something really crazy happened overnight, he should be back next week I would think. 

I'm guessing they want the stitches to fully close up the wound, and they usually are fine within 5-10 days.

so, i would assume so

6 minutes ago, cbear said:

Got to watch the replay now that I've fully recovered from that game. I didn't think Green was so bad, but that could have been a delusion. 

If I’m not mistaken, Green had one holding call early on and that was it. He played ok. Not great but ok. Clarke sucks.  The rest of the OL looked way out of sync tonight

• Like 4
14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This isn’t something unique to the Colts.  This is what the vast majority of teams struggle with.

I think the only OL who didn’t get flagged today was AC.   Otherwise, Q, Kelly and Glow earned plenty of laundry.   It wasn’t just Clark and Green.   Just saying. 

OL are not like Running backs or even Wide Receivers where solid depth isn't actually that hard to come by.  That's why a major part of our OL being dominate is that our starters don't miss too many games.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, CR91 said:

Le'raven Clark should never be on an NFL team

Remember how everyone kept saying that he just needed time lol? People thought LT wasn’t it but he’d be fine at RT...well that didn’t work either. Should’ve kept Haeg tbh

Green played absolutely amazing! If he played decent or okay, in my book that is amazing! We didn’t need him to play great he’s a backup.. we just needed him to play decently good, Which he did! As long as he wasn’t playing like Clark did during Cleveland he did a great job! A decent job for green is all we were looking for which makes it absolutely amazing !! :td:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Remember how everyone kept saying that he just needed time lol? People thought LT wasn’t it but he’d be fine at RT...well that didn’t work either. Should’ve kept Haeg tbh

Haeg didn't want to sign here, he was told hed have a better shot at starting in Tampa....

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I Def remember this haha