Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Holding Calls. The right calls?

StatesmanN

Now imo let me just say that every call they made for holding on the Colts were actual holds.  I didn't see any calls that were not 'technically' holding.

Can those exact same calls be made on almost every play in the NFL?

Yes.

So I thought the refs really got ticky tak there at the end.  Were they trying to help the Packers win?  Not imo but I am sure some will think so.

To me the Colts coaching staff really should have stressed in the first half to NOT GRAB because the refs were already calling things tight then.

And don't even get me started on the 2 incomplete passes inside of 2 minutes.

Run the clock.  Giving them even more free timeouts was just bad coaching.

• StatesmanN changed the title to The Holding Calls. The right calls or a conspiracy?
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StatesmanN said:

Now imo let me just say that every call they made for holding on the Colts were actual holds.  I didn't see any calls that were not 'technically' holding.

Yes.

So I thought the refs really got ticky tak there at the end.  Were they trying to help the Packers win?  Not imo but I am sure some will think so.

To me the Colts coaching staff really should have stressed in the first half to NOT GRAB because the refs were calling things tight then.

If you have to use the word “conspiracy” you've lost whatever argument you were trying to make.    

Sorry. 

4 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

Yes.

To me the Colts coaching staff really should have stressed in the first half to NOT GRAB because the refs were already calling things tight then.

They weren’t phantom calls but they definitely could be called on every single play of the game on both sides. Now there were two, one by pitman and one by pascal that yeas, should have been called. The others were tacky as heck

meanwhile on Rodger long bomb to get out of the end zone, the ref watched right on top of them holding Turray in the end zone, bad. 

2 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Offensive line and Pascal/Pittman holding calls almost cost us the game. We need to tighten that up. Great game by Taylor. 

This is the first real game where I thought Taylor just ran instinctively.  But even that was just in the second half.  The first half he looked the same as he has been.

Something changed at half time.  He looked like a different runner.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

They were right by the law but my problem is the Packers were doing the same thing and the flags weren’t coming.  I mean they tackled a guy about to sack Rodgers on the last drive.  

Saw that too, and was yelling at my TV!!!

1 minute ago, Behle said:

The right calls. No conspiracy in my view. 

Conspiracy in the sense that the refs were trying to help the Packers win.

I don't believe they were, I just think the Colts were actually holding and for whatever reasons, the refs decided to call it super tight.

But I don't think the refs were thinking to themselves "I need to call holding here because I want the Packers to win".

Just now, StatesmanN said:

Conspiracy in the sense that the refs were trying to help the Packers win.

I don't believe they were, I just think the Colts were actually holding and for whatever reasons, the refs decided to call it super tight.

But I don't think the refs were thinking to themselves "I need to call holding here because I want the Packers to win".

I agree with that I have a much bigger issue with them letting the Packers do it and not flagging anything.  If you want to be tight be tight both ways.  If you want to let them play then let them play both ways don’t call it tight one way and let them play the other way.

Something isn't right with Nelson.  Yes he is still good but he had 3 holding calls today alone and numerous other ones this season.

He doesn't seem as dominant either.

Not sure what is going on but holding is something that an O lineman can be coached on, and the coaching staff is obviously failing the players.

Even Tony Dungy just said that the Reich were terrible with the passing calls under 2 minutes that went incomplete.

They had to do something they were getting flagged anytime they tried to run.  The passing was working and they were a first down away from either being in field goal range or running out the clock.  

10 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

Yes.

Those were the correct holding calls but you could probably call those on every play of the game. 

In my opinion the vast majority of them were correct.

Either way, the oline have to sit down early next week, look at the VT and get alot of things cleaned up. What happened today is not acceptable for a group that talented.

Also thats likely to be the last game, Le'Raven Clark will be wearing the horseshoe.

Even Tony Dungy just said that the Reich were terrible with the passing calls under 2 minutes that went incomplete.

Absolutely fair. Reich sits in the hero’s chair tonight when he should really be wearing the dunce cap in the corner alone. 

Thats just part of the story, though. Like a side quest in the game that has nothing to do with the story, and doesn’t change anything if you never do it. In the bigger picture that was just something else we had to overcome to win. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree with that I have a much bigger issue with them letting the Packers do it and not flagging anything.  If you want to be tight be tight both ways.  If you want to let them play then let them play both ways don’t call it tight one way and let them play the other way.

I would agree.

If anything it was a subconscious bias in favor of the Pack imo. 

Something isn't right with Nelson.  Yes he is still good but he had 3 holding calls today alone and numerous other ones this season.

He doesn't seem as dominant either.

Not sure what is going on but holding is something that an O lineman can be coached on, and the coaching staff is obviously failing the players.

Yeah, we need a new o-line coach. 

You guys are kidding right? That was obviously a string of nit picky calls. The only one that I considered justified was Pittman. For those who are suggesting something is wrong with 56, or the OLIne coach, what do you say about the fact that we have allowed the least sacks? 

Just now, HoosierHero said:

That’s the thing. Technically they were all holding. My frustration was that it was all stuff that happens every play. In my opinion they were nothing more than what the packers left ankle was doing the whole game. So by the books holding, but still ridiculously to be one sided. 

The slow motion can really deceive you.  In slow mo just about every play has an O lineman grabbing a jersey or wrapping an arm around a body part.  But the key is how long they hold that grip or arm bar for.

Like I said it can be called every play.  Why the refs went berserko, even though they were actual holds, so late in the game is mystifying.  But I don't want to displace blame away from the players or coaches.

This has been a problem all year that came to a head tonight.

Just now, Scott Pennock said:

I'm a firm believer that the NFL wanted the Packers to win and thus they did what they had to do.

I saw at least 4 holding calls in the endzone after those bogus 5- 6 calls against us. There is holding on virtually every play that most go uncalled.....

Having said that, ball don't lie......

Yeah I saw a blatant hold on a Colt in the endzone on that last Packer drive in regulation. 

Archived