Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st Half Doubters Eat Crow

danlhart87

15 hours ago, Anonymous said:

This was arguably the worst performance of an O line this season albeit low sack #s and 140 yards of rushing.

Not sure what's the point in arguing this unless you missed the game and the gazillion holding penalties.

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We in Colts land dont want to admit u r right. 3 number 1's and high 2nd and they play like that!!  It is the major area of weakness on  this team.

1d0416739c31389a56dafaf0a2e8cf79.png

"Worst performance of an OLine this season" ?!?  "major weakness on this team" ?!?  What would it take for you?  Winning every game 56-0 and rushing for 400 yds while giving up 0 sacks?  This is the NFL... it ain't gonna happen.

Can you guys provide evidence of the other 31 teams being better?  What was the "best" performance of an NFL OLine this season?  Which teams have the OLine as the "major strength" of their team?  You're overreacting to a microcosm of bad officiating.

Ya'll would be singing a different tune if not for the ridiculous holding penalties at the end of the game.  And that's not on the players.  They played the same way they always do, the same way every OLine in the league plays every week.  For whatever goofy reason, the refs decided to choose that moment to "see" every hold that happens on every play in the NFL every week.

The refs don't call those stupid holding penalties at the end of the game (which they shouldn't have), we're talking about our vaunted OLine and Jonathan Taylor closing out the game the way you're supposed to close out a game when you have the lead and the ball with 3 minutes left.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"Worst performance of an OLine this season" ?!?  "major weakness on this team" ?!?  What would it take for you?  Winning every game 56-0 and rushing for 400 yds while giving up 0 sacks?  This is the NFL... it ain't gonna happen.

Can you guys provide evidence of the other 31 teams being better?  What was the "best" performance of an NFL OLine this season?  Which teams have the OLine as the "major strength" of their team?  You're overreacting to a microcosm of bad officiating.

Ya'll would be singing a different tune if not for the ridiculous holding penalties at the end of the game.  And that's not on the players.  They played the same way they always do, the same way every OLine in the league plays every week.  For whatever goofy reason, the refs decided to choose that moment to "see" every hold that happens on every play in the NFL every week.

The refs don't call those stupid holding penalties at the end of the game (which they shouldn't have), we're talking about our vaunted OLine and Jonathan Taylor closing out the game the way you're supposed to close out a game when you have the lead and the ball with 3 minutes left.

It’s also one drive.  So even if you want to say those holding calls were bad which is what it is (I am with you a large number of those holds were holds that could be called on any play and aren’t for a reason) it doesn’t undo a whole game of really good play.

51 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

3.8 yards per attempt

On 11/22/2020 at 11:07 PM, danlhart87 said:
On 11/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, danlhart87 said:

We are down but its not over yet

Posted this right after score was 21 to 7

I remember that post, and said "Yup' to myself.

I learned my lesson not to pick up my tent stakes and pack up to leave during the Colts vs. Pats 2006 AFC championship game when the Pats went up 21 - 3, and at halftime it was 21 - 6 in Favor of BB/Brady.  Colts came back the 2nd half, and Jeff Saturday blew open a hole for Addai's lead taking TD run. giving the Colts a 38 - 34 advantage. Then moments later Marlin Jackson intercepted Brady in Colts territory with less than 25 seconds left in the game to seal the big comeback.

The Colts comeback over the Bucs in OT on MNF in 2003 (38 - 35) primed me for those comeback possibilities, but I still had doubts. Not after that AFCCG in 2006.  I never throw in the towel, and I became a much calmer observer after that too. :)

19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

3.8 yards per attempt

So one out-of-context stat is supposed to support your argument that the OLine is a "major weakness" on this team?  Get real.  Are you factoring in QB-rushing yds?  I have a feeling Lamar Jackson is fluffing that stat more than Rivers.  haha

We're middle-of-the-pack in most OLine stats, and are actually #1 in the league in sacks allowed and sack yds lost.

So I'll ask again:  which of the other 31 teams have the OLine as a "major strength"?  You have to make comparisons and paint the entire picture to have context for your argument.  :hat:

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This team will only go as far as their Oline takes them.  If they r able to run it takes pressure off Rivers and the defence. This D is built on speed and they r lighter than most defences. The less snaps the better. If they r fresh it allows them ro utilize their speed and attack. If they can run the ball it makes teams back off Rivers. So, it is important and the organization has poured a lot of assets into the Oline. It should b the least of our worries but in fact it is not

Every team’s got them.... some more than others.

I get it.... the O-line needs to tighten things up... but we’re 7-3 and a win against Tennessee all but locks up a playoff spot and a home game.

Yesterday proved that were never out of a game and that’s a great sign of a team coming together.

If we can take out the Titans one more time we’d literally have to crash and burn to lose the division.... and I think the team is actually gelling as they face the tougher part of the schedule. 

On 11/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, Four2itus said:

The Steelers are 3.9 and have not lost this season. Make a valid point.

Hmmmmm...... Steelers rely on their D and amass alot of their top picks at the linebacker position. The Colts want to run the ball and dominate teams with their highly touted Oline that has 3 #1' and a high 2nd rounder. What is your point??

On 11/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So one out-of-context stat is supposed to support your argument that the OLine is a "major weakness" on this team?  Get real.  Are you factoring in QB-rushing yds?  I have a feeling Lamar Jackson is fluffing that stat more than Rivers.  haha

We're middle-of-the-pack in most OLine stats, and are actually #1 in the league in sacks allowed and sack yds lost.

So I'll ask again:  which of the other 31 teams have the OLine as a "major strength"?  You have to make comparisons and paint the entire picture to have context for your argument.  :hat:

I’ve been publicly critical of our O-line, but I would NEVER call them a “major weakness”.   I’d say they’ve underachieved relative to high expectations.  

They’re very good pass blocking, and ok run blocking.   They should be much better at run blocking.    My guess, my hunch, is the lack of any real off-season, plus a limited pre-season, which had ZERO pre-season games has badly impacted us.   I’m hoping the longer this season goes the better our O-line will perform.   Our play last week vs. Green Bay I hope is a sign of things to come.   Better as we go.... 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm...... Steelers rely on their D and amass alot of their top picks at the linebacker position. The Colts want to run the ball and dominate teams with their highly touted Oline that has 3 #1' and a high 2nd rounder. What is your point??

So your point is to base your slant upon a players draft slot? So the .1 yard difference only matters because where players were drafted?

That explains a lot. My apologies, I will refrain from quoting you in the future. 

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What is YOUR point?

Oh wait, you don’t really have one.

You just made a hot-take without any valid comparison to the other 31 teams, therefore have no context for your hot-take, and don’t wanna admit it...

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What is YOUR point?

Oh wait, you don’t really have one.

You just made a hot-take without any valid comparison to the other 31 teams, therefore have no context for your hot-take, and don’t wanna admit it...

3.8 is his favorite number :spit:

14 hours ago, Four2itus said:

So your point is to base your slant upon a players draft slot? So the .1 yard difference only matters because where players were drafted?

That explains a lot. My apologies, I will refrain from quoting you in the future. 

Don't worry about it.    Moose also thinks Leonard is JAG

Archived