Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st Half Doubters Eat Crow

danlhart87

39 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

That was some crazy * game. Refs did everything they humanly could to give this to the Packers. But there's something called karma and it ended up biting the Packers in the *.

BTW Yall need to quit bashing Rivers after one bad play or one bad drive. Without Rivers the Colts would be a completely irrelevant football team. Put some freaking respect on his damn name.

The O line is awful and I'm surprised considering Colts have a reputation for having the best O line in the league. This defense is legit though and can straight up ball out! 

That accountant looking kicker is clutch as hell too and who cares if he can't bomb away from 50+ yds away. If he can hit the clutch ones that matter and those under 50 yards at a good rate then that's all that matters!

You really think the OL is awful?  Really?  I mean they may not be as good as they were last year but their still pretty good.  They were without their starting RT and their center is dealing with an issue.  They allowed 1 sack and ran for 140 yds.  They aren't exactly the weaklings of the NFL.

That said, Rivers has been balling out lately.  Today he even got hurt and came back and still lead them down the field, even though a million penalties kept them from a FG.  But that wasn't his fault.  Mad respect, he's certainly playing well enough for them to win.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Rivers seemed under heavy duress even on the plays without the holding calls. And you're right, probably too extreme to compare it to the Chargers high school caliber O line but still. 

It was a terrible drive.  One like I've never seen before and it almost cost them the game.  But not all of it was on the OL, Pittman was holding on one, and I believe one was on one of the TE's.  It was just a bad run of penalties there, but this OL can play.

35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

With this teams injury luck, I would not bet on that. Until I see him start week, I’m holding my breathe

This guy played on a torn ACL in the AFC Championship Game, I think he's starting next weekend with the Divisional title on the line.

43 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

I didn't think it would be humanly possible to see a team with a worse O line than the Chargers this season but wow this Colts team might be it. 

I dont agree. Rivers sack numbers are low. We have mostly been bad runming the football but that wasnt the case today. This line is no where near as bad as your Chargers teams

The O-Line is still great, just been dealing with some injuries lately but I think we improve from today. The holding calls were embarrassing. Didn’t see a couple of the holds, I think the refs had some money in their pockets. Glad to see us win but this game about killed me lol

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

I didn't think it would be humanly possible to see a team with a worse O line than the Chargers this season but wow this Colts team might be it. 

the colts gave up 8 sacks and are number 1 rated in the league right now in pass protection . what are you talking about rivers is the least sacked QB in the nfl

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the colts gave up 8 sacks and are number 1 rated in the league right now in pass protection . what are you talking about rivers is the least sacked QB in the nfl

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Show your work because numbers say otherwise.

I meant for this game guys. Rivers seemed to have to evade heavy pressure even on the plays where there weren't penalties. One of his TD passes was in which he looked like Russel Wilson by evading a blocker who got nearly bulldozed into him then Rivers evaded him and slung it into the end-zone.

Rivers sack #s doesn't mean anything btw. He has arguably the quickest release in football and even with a bad O line would throw it out quick otherwise his sack #s with the Chargers would be double or triple what it was.

Anyway, I think we can all agree it wasn't the best game for the O line tonight. Hope they get back in synch before the Titans game.

We are starting to run the ball better. Over 100 yards the last three games. That is balanced football and makes rivers look good.

Quietly Pascal might end up with more yards then last year. He is also having a heck of s year. We need to sign him to a three year contract after this season and stop messing with the one year deals.

1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

I meant for this game guys. Rivers seemed to have to evade heavy pressure even on the plays where there weren't penalties. One of his TD passes was in which he looked like Russel Wilson by evading a blocker who got nearly bulldozed into him then Rivers evaded him and slung it into the end-zone.

Rivers sack #s doesn't mean anything btw. He has arguably the quickest release in football and even with a bad O line would throw it out quick otherwise his sack #s with the Chargers would be double or triple what it was.

Anyway, I think we can all agree it wasn't the best game for the O line tonight. Hope they get back in synch before the Titans game.

its not just the sack numbers its pff watching every play and ranking every member of the o line .  rodgers has a quicker release time but many more sacks .  a lot of the blame is on the colts wide receivers they struggle to get open quickly and force rivers to hold the ball  .  release time means nothing if nobody is open .   A lot of the pressures were coming from the backup tackle he had a rough game

4 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

There were plays where he had all day to throw so I wouldn’t say they don’t mean anything.  Also the line put up 140 yards rushing so I am not sure today is the day to pick on the line.  

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There were plays where he had all day to throw so I wouldn’t say they don’t mean anything.  Also the line put up 140 yards rushing so I am not sure today is the day to pick on the line.  

Line also set the NFL record for most holding penalties in any one drive. This was arguably the worst performance of an O line this season albeit low sack #s and 140 yards of rushing.

Not sure what's the point in arguing this unless you missed the game and the gazillion holding penalties. 

I already made it clear I wasn't talking about the whole season and only this game.

31 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Line also set the NFL record for most holding penalties in any one drive. This was arguably the worst performance of an O line this season albeit low sack #s and 140 yards of rushing.

Not sure what's the point in arguing this unless you missed the game and the gazillion holding penalties. 

I already made it clear I wasn't talking about the whole season and only this game.

Yeah and I think we all agree those holds weren’t being called down the middle.

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

We in Colts land dont want to admit u r right. 3 number 1's and high 2nd and they play like that!!  It is the major area of weakness on  this team. The defence is what it is. I beleive Frank wants to run the ball but has little luck in the 1st half. Then the D plays like crap  and he has to throw the ball. If the Oline was able to control the time of possession, it could keep the D on the bench. They are fast and light so they need to rest lol. They need to make a change with regards to Oline coaching in the off season.I dont think the scheme fits the players. Go ahead and pay Smith and Nelson millions to get under 4 yards a carry. Smith was out today and was he really missed???

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We in Colts land dont want to admit u r right. 3 number 1's and high 2nd and they play like that!!  It is the major area of weakness on  this team. The defence is what it is. I beleive Frank wants to run the ball but has little luck in the 1st half. Then the D plays like crap  and he has to throw the ball. If the Oline was able to control the time of possession, it could keep the D on the bench. They are fast and light so they need to rest lol. They need to make a change with regards to Oline coaching in the off season.I dont think the scheme fits the players. Go ahead and pay Smith and Nelson millions to get under 4 yards a carry. Smith was out today and was he really missed???

The oline blocked for 140 yards rushing today and have given up 8 sacks all year.  You really think this is the game to go after them?

Also to your last question watch the Packers pushing Green over and Clarke well being Clarke and you’ll see the answer to that is YES.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The oline blocked for 140 yards rushing today and have given up 8 sacks all year.  You really think this is the game to go after them?

Also to your last question watch the Packers pushing Green over and Clarke well being Clarke and you’ll see the answer to that is YES.

In the 1st half they could do nothing. U can blame the refs but they were holding. I have yet to c this vaunted Oline dominate another D line. Tell me the game??

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

In the 1st half they could do nothing. U can blame the refs but they were holding. I have yet to c this vaunted Oline dominate another D line. Tell me the game??

You are so dead set on being negative.  Colts played like garbage in the 1st half which is why this thread was made but guess what just like I said to everyone stay calm we can come back and we did.

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This one the Colts scored two tds and punted like one time in that half.  For a team that could do that nothing that’s a lot.  

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

You are so dead set on being negative.  Colts played like garbage in the 1st half which is why this thread was made but guess what just like I said to everyone stay calm we can come back and we did.

The Colts defense played like garbage in the first half.  The offense held its own.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

We are down but its not over yet

Posted this right after score was 21 to 7

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This one the Colts scored two tds and punted like one time in that half.  For a team that could do that nothing that’s a lot.  

The Colts defense played like garbage in the first half.  The offense held its own.

You mean that same terrible D that held Packers to a FG in 2nd half

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Posted this right after score was 21 to 7

You mean that same terrible D that held Packers to a FG in 2nd half

And if you’ve read the thread I said I gave them great credit for the way they played in the second half doesn't change the fact they were awful in the first half though.  For as good as they were in the second half they were that bad in the first.  

14 hours ago, Shepman said:

I bet Rivers ankle swells over night.  Gonna be on injury report this week I bet 

Toe?

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

With this teams injury luck, I would not bet on that. Until I see him start week, I’m holding my breathe

Look here   ↓

13 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

This guy played on a torn ACL in the AFC Championship Game, I think he's starting next weekend with the Divisional title on the line.

Only 6 days after suffering the ACL and meniscus.  230 consecutive starts.  I just do not see Iron Man Rivers letting a toe boo boo end that legacy and streak.

OTOH, being a dangerously mobile QB,   it could affect that part of his game,  a little ...                       ...     /sarcasm off  :jump:

Just because a play called don't get yardage does not mean it was a bad call. 

It just didn't work. It's that simple. 

Over reacting on any play that don't get x amount of yardage is just laying in wait to complain. 

Rivers-24/36 288 yds 3 tds 1 int. (tipped ball) - hit 11 different receivers. 

The Colts rushed for 140 yds. 

Just think? Frank called all of those plays to get those stats. 

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol.  U still didnt tell me the game. Im waiting!!

Who cares Moose?.... we’re 7-3 and one victory away from taking command of the division.

Let’s enjoy it and quit getting so hung up on stats and style points... it’s the NFL for

f:censored:‘s sake.

2 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Who cares Moose?.... we’re 7-3 and one victory away from taking command of the division.

Let’s enjoy it and quit getting so hung up on stats and style points... it’s the NFL for

f:censored:‘s sake.

This team will only go as far as their Oline takes them.  If they r able to run it takes pressure off Rivers and the defence. This D is built on speed and they r lighter than most defences. The less snaps the better. If they r fresh it allows them ro utilize their speed and attack. If they can run the ball it makes teams back off Rivers. So, it is important and the organization has poured a lot of assets into the Oline. It should b the least of our worries but in fact it is not

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

How does today’s game rank against the other all time great Colts game? I think this one was an instant classic. That was like some straight out of a movie stuff that happened before our eyes today. 

i wouldn't put it very high up there.  Lots of mistakes by both teams.  Great win though.  

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes he was.  

He's been playing pretty good.   Great game against the Ravens.

Smith had a strong game against a tough defensive front in Baltimore. He allowed just one pressure on 47 pass-blocking snaps, per Pro Football Focus.

2020 SEASON STATS

OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED 612

PENALTIES 3

SACKS ALLOWED 0

Archived