Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Burrow possibly serious leg injury


Recommended Posts

  • ColtsBlueFL changed the title to Joe Burrow possibly serious leg injury

That's why it's crap thinking to give up on a season like some like to do yearly for one player. You could get the player of your dreams and this happens.

And it's no guarantee he'll ever be the same or reach his full potential now.

 

Hope he comes back strong though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also tells you it’s not so bad being a pocket passer or a pass first QB that can occasionally get a first down with their legs. You cannot expect a rookie to put a team on his back.

 

He was fun to watch, hope he comes back real strong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Also tells you it’s not so bad being a pocket passer or a pass first QB that can occasionally get a first down with their legs. You cannot expect a rookie to put a team on his back.

 

He was fun to watch, hope he comes back real strong. 

That is what made Luck special, he could carry a team and did for 3 years taking a pounding going 11-5, 11-5, 11-5. Most QB's can't do that being #1 picks on bad teams.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Out for the year, he couldn't even last a full season and people complain about Luck.

 

Having said that I like Burrow and hope he recovers 100%, the NFL isn't kind to most.

With the current situation   

    He could be on the shelf for awhile 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IinD said:

That's why it's crap thinking to give up on a season like some like to do yearly for one player. You could get the player of your dreams and this happens.

 

It also illustrates why you are never 'just one player away'. Because with injuries being a 100% probability in the NFL, once you get your 'one player away' on the roster, another one (or two) players might be placed on IR.

 

Full team and roster development for me, not just a key piece, please.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

It also illustrates why you are never 'just one player away'. Because with injuries being a 100% probability in the NFL, once you get your 'one player away' on the roster, another one (or two) players might be placed on IR.

 

Full team and roster development for me, not just a key piece, please.

Exactly. That was why I had to comment.

 

Jets are tanking and could get the Clemson kid and the future is golden... Until a random Sunday where you're franchise trajectory gets totally #ed.

 

Players just don't last physically. It's rare a guy is great for more than 2/3/4 years before a big injury sadly changes them in one way or another.

 

Gotta build that 'TEAM'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

I think it's an MCL and maybe even a contact ACL along with it.  :(

 

Darn, I called it (based upon video replays I saw on TV at the time).

 

"With both the MCL and ACL torn, Burrow is in for a lengthy rehab. For comparison, Carson Wentz suffered a similar multi-ligament knee tear on Dec. 10, 2017, and missed the first two games of the 2018 campaign." From NFL.com

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-suffers-torn-acl-mcl-in-left-knee

 

I hope there's not any other damage in there that they're not letting out (like a meniscus, PCL, or posterolateral corner injury, etc).

 

Feel bad for the kid, and Bengals fans.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, a season ending injury sucks. Especially for #1 overall franchise rookie..... But he's  NOT DEAD! He'll  probably be back 100% next season or close to it.  I'm sure Bengal fans are glad they had the pick and used it on him AND Jet fans will be happy tanking for Lawrence(assuming he comes out) even if  he misses part of a season to injury. 

 

What would suck for bengal fans and organization is if Burrow all of a sudden took the money and ran  and abruptly retired with no warning.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, RollerColt said:

He's out for the year... and I hate the Bengals organization for it. 

 

I think I read that you are also a Bengals fan. Right? When I saw that happen, it made me think of Teddy Bridgewater's injury. Hopefully Burrow will be back next season. 

 

It also made me think of another Bengal #1 draft pick, Kijana Carter. You may be too young to know him. He was a great RB in college. He was picked #1 overall by the Bengals but he got injured early on in his first season and never showed the promise that everyone expected. 

 

It seems that the Bengals have had the overall #1 draft pick several times. No?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

I think I read that you are also a Bengals fan. Right? When I saw that happen, it made me think of Teddy Bridgewater's injury. Hopefully Burrow will be back next season. 

 

It also made me think of another Bengal #1 draft pick, Kijana Carter. You may be too young to know him. He was a great RB in college. He was picked #1 overall by the Bengals but he got injured early on in his first season and never showed the promise that everyone expected. 

 

It seems that the Bengals have had the overall #1 draft pick several times. No?

 

My dad has mentioned him a few times. Yeah the Bengals have had their share of 1sts overall. 
 

I remember another rising star for the Bengals, Greg Cook. Had the skills to be a hall of famer, but he injured his shoulder in a similar fashion to Luck. And that was in his third game of his rookie year. 
 

The Brown family just doesn’t know how to take care of their QBs. You know it’s bad when your star player retires on purpose just to leave the organization and then sign with the Cardinals lol...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...