Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers @ Colts, November 22, 2020, 4:25pm EST


Message added by Nadine,

FYI, chat isn't working and I'm doubtful it will be fixed by game time

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fixed it for you

Wow! This thread got more than 2000 replies and 53 pages so far. 

Your Indianapolis Colts (6-3) started the second half of their season with a bang last week, beating their division rivals Tennessee Titans 34-17. They look to show that this was not a fluke when they

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

WOW Tony Dungy just called out Frank Reich in SNF for not using time outs to burn clock!!! Said he wanted to call him and yell at him, lol

 

Dungy said that?? That seems out of character. No?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

WOW Tony Dungy just called out Frank Reich in SNF for not using time outs to burn clock!!! Said he wanted to call him and yell at him, lol


Passing the ball made no sense that drive. Extremely frustrated with the clock management that drive.

 

But whatever. Moving on.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Hopefully Phillip is healthy and good to go next week.

This guy played an AFC Championship Game on a torn ACL, and next weekend's game will likely decide who wins the division - I'd give better than average odds that he plays!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That last offensive drive was such bad clock management. We are damn lucky. We could of run for 4 straight plays and bled the clock instead of giving them the opportunity to call those holds. Reich blames himself after the game for that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Why did Frank tell his oline to hold


I’m not talking about the holds, I’m talking about throwing the ball on first and third (and loonng) down when the opposing team has two timeouts and Aaron rodgers... 

 

The holding calls were an offense (Frank’s offense) that looked very undisciplined in that moment, and instead of taking a timeout with the clock stopped to cool them down and make sure they were in tune with the situation, he allowed them to damn near implode. Bad. Management. Period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

This is why everyone said to chill your boots when you were calling it over in the 1st. 
 

Still ended up tighter than it should have been.

Wouldn’t of been that close if we would of scored on some of those turnovers the first half and Reich didn’t get off on running on second and down.

 

Taylor really had a coming out party the second half. Next week though should be Hines again until the titans prove they can stop him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:


I’m not talking about the holds, I’m talking about throwing the ball on first and third (and loonng) down when the opposing team has two timeouts and Aaron rodgers... 

 

The holding calls were an offense (Frank’s offense) that looked very undisciplined in that moment, and instead of taking a timeout with the clock stopped to cool them down and make sure they were in tune with the situation, he allowed them to damn near implode. Bad. Management. Period.

Just run the ball and kick the field goal. Never should of come down  to giving them the opportunity to hold. It would of ran the clock almost all the way down. Even if you don’t kick a FG they have hardly any time left.

 

I hope we keep seeing Pittman improve. He is looking so good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Taylor really had a coming out party the second half. Next week though should be Hines again until the titans prove they can stop him. 

He had 40-50yds and TD called back on holds....smh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

This guy played an AFC Championship Game on a torn ACL, and next weekend's game will likely decide who wins the division - I'd give better than average odds that he plays!

This is where Rivers being a statue helps. It would effect him more if he was mobile. Apparently it’s his toe and not his ankle. Maybe turf toe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just run the ball and kick the field goal. Never should of come down  to giving them the opportunity to hold. It would of ran the clock almost all the way down. Even if you don’t kick a FG they have hardly any time left.

 

I hope we keep seeing Pittman improve. He is looking so good.  

The holds were coming on rushing plays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacoby needs to come in on every third and one. Maybe once in awhile let him fake them out and throw it lol.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

The holds were coming on rushing plays. 

There is still no reason to hold. If the play doesn’t go anywhere your in FG range. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby needs to come in on every third and one. Maybe once in awhile let him fake them out and throw it lol.

Frank is probably saving it, I agree, I have like it when Jacoby comes in on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Other teams are aware of it so I bet one time Jacoby airs one out when nobody expects it :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank is probably saving it, I agree, I have like it when Jacoby comes in on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Other teams are aware of it so I bet one time Jacoby airs one out when nobody expects it :thmup:

Reich basically confirmed that after the game. Hopefully Jacoby will pull it off. Most likely will happen when we plan on going for it on 4th down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Please...wth you supposed to do when its 3rd n 20? Use your head

Run the ball to force the use of the last timeout, then punt, as was the end result.  I am using my head, but thanks for your misplaced insulting condescension. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that has gone unnoticed the last three games is I believe we have had over one hundred rushing yards each game. We are becoming more balanced. Rivers with 288 yards and three TD along with the 140 rushing yards will get us pretty far.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something that has gone unnoticed the last three games is I believe we have had over one hundred rushing yards each game. We are becoming more balanced. Rivers with 288 yards and three TD along with the 140 rushing yards will get us pretty far.

Taylor played really well today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

thought for sure we were going to choke that away

My stomach was turning inside and out during all those holds and when Aaron got the ball in OT I couldn't even watch there for a minute. This win here shows me we can beat anyone. We played sloppy and had dumb penalties and still beat a very good team/great QB.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My stomach was turning inside and out during all those holds and when Aaron got the ball in OT I couldn't even watch there for a minute. This win here shows me we can beat anyone. We played sloppy and had dumb penalties and still beat a very good team/great QB.

I'm happy we got the W, but boy we sure made it hard on ourselves. Just no reason for a lot of that nonsense. I've been apologizing to my TVs for the last hour for cussing at them so much.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'm happy we got the W, but boy we sure made it hard on ourselves. Just no reason for a lot of that nonsense. I've been apologizing to my TVs for the last hour for cussing at them so much.

I was on the verge of having to buy a new lamp I have in the living room. I swiped at it once when they won the toss in OT. Nothing broke luckily haha , I didn't have the Chuck Norris in me I guess :funny:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was on the verge of having to buy a new lamp I have in the living room. I swiped at it once when they won the toss in OT. Nothing broke luckily haha , I didn't have the Chuck Norris in me I guess :funny:

I stood up real quick in my kitchen when Oke got burnt on that long pass late in regulation, and one of my stools around the prep table went flying... i was like.....

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dolphins lost today too. Hopefully raiders lose. All in all not a bad thing the titans won since we won and play them next week. Puts ravens way behind in the WC.

I kinda want the Raiders to win - that would give the Chiefs 2 losses and would give Pittsburgh a little breathing room for the top seed and make them not so determined when they play us at season's end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I mean... everybody says that and right now maybe we are the best option for him, but would that be the same in 2 years time? Who knows...    About the pick compensation - yes, I would really hope Ballard doesn't go into a bidding war with other teams. Have a firm price set and don't go over it. 1st and 3d is about the max I would be willing to give for 33 year old Stafford. 
    • Stafford has been very public about his number one goal:   Winning.   (His words, not mine).   He’s not going to want to leave because we want to pay him $25m instead of $30+ million.   The Colts give Stafford the best chance of winning.   Period.  Leaving the Colts for a money grab would be the worst look possible for him.  I don’t see that as a worry.  Honestly.    My bigger concern is the cost in draft picks to acquire him.  There may be a bidding war, which could prove very expensive.   At some point, I could see Ballard dropping out.   We will likely know in the next 6 weeks. 
    • He is 33 and has 2 years left on reasonable contract. After that you will have to give him a contract in the realm of what other top QBs are getting now and he will be getting older... So you will either have to pay big or lose him and this is while all our young pieces are moving out of their rookie contracts... So we will start losing some of them. So IMO IF we get Stafford this will be the golden window to try to go all in...  Use Stafford's best remaining years at the best contract you will have him at, to try to surround him with best talent we can get while our young player are still cheap. Later he will be older/worse on worse contract and our young studs we either be paid much more (less money to get reinforcement elsewhere) or will be gone.    So... Go all in NOW. This doesn't mean you concede the later years, but IMO the best chance we have are the next 2 years if we get Stafford. This is legitimate Superbowl contender if we can get one of the top receivers, a very good pass-rusher and some solid CBs. 
    • Odds are you can’t do all that because the salary cap is going down roughly $15-20 million.    We’re likely going to need more time.   I don’t understand the 2-year window reference?   Stafford likely has 5+ years left.   With a GM like Ballard, our window should remain open longer than that. 
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 7,545

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsTone

      ColtsTone 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • esmort

      esmort 413

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • luv_pony_express

      luv_pony_express 452

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 94

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,111

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • James

      James 347

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • drakau

      drakau 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 7,493

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 7,047

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...