Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers @ Colts, November 22, 2020, 4:25pm EST

NFLfan
Message added by Nadine,

FYI, chat isn't working and I'm doubtful it will be fixed by game time

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

WOW Tony Dungy just called out Frank Reich in SNF for not using time outs to burn clock!!! Said he wanted to call him and yell at him, lol

Passing the ball made no sense that drive. Extremely frustrated with the clock management that drive.

But whatever. Moving on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Hopefully Phillip is healthy and good to go next week.

This guy played an AFC Championship Game on a torn ACL, and next weekend's game will likely decide who wins the division - I'd give better than average odds that he plays!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Why did Frank tell his oline to hold

I’m not talking about the holds, I’m talking about throwing the ball on first and third (and loonng) down when the opposing team has two timeouts and Aaron rodgers... 

The holding calls were an offense (Frank’s offense) that looked very undisciplined in that moment, and instead of taking a timeout with the clock stopped to cool them down and make sure they were in tune with the situation, he allowed them to damn near implode. Bad. Management. Period.

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

This is why everyone said to chill your boots when you were calling it over in the 1st. 

Still ended up tighter than it should have been.

Wouldn’t of been that close if we would of scored on some of those turnovers the first half and Reich didn’t get off on running on second and down.

Taylor really had a coming out party the second half. Next week though should be Hines again until the titans prove they can stop him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’m not talking about the holds, I’m talking about throwing the ball on first and third (and loonng) down when the opposing team has two timeouts and Aaron rodgers... 

The holding calls were an offense (Frank’s offense) that looked very undisciplined in that moment, and instead of taking a timeout with the clock stopped to cool them down and make sure they were in tune with the situation, he allowed them to damn near implode. Bad. Management. Period.

Just run the ball and kick the field goal. Never should of come down  to giving them the opportunity to hold. It would of ran the clock almost all the way down. Even if you don’t kick a FG they have hardly any time left.

I hope we keep seeing Pittman improve. He is looking so good.  

14 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

This guy played an AFC Championship Game on a torn ACL, and next weekend's game will likely decide who wins the division - I'd give better than average odds that he plays!

This is where Rivers being a statue helps. It would effect him more if he was mobile. Apparently it’s his toe and not his ankle. Maybe turf toe.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just run the ball and kick the field goal. Never should of come down  to giving them the opportunity to hold. It would of ran the clock almost all the way down. Even if you don’t kick a FG they have hardly any time left.

I hope we keep seeing Pittman improve. He is looking so good.  

The holds were coming on rushing plays. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby needs to come in on every third and one. Maybe once in awhile let him fake them out and throw it lol.

Frank is probably saving it, I agree, I have like it when Jacoby comes in on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Other teams are aware of it so I bet one time Jacoby airs one out when nobody expects it :thmup:

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank is probably saving it, I agree, I have like it when Jacoby comes in on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Other teams are aware of it so I bet one time Jacoby airs one out when nobody expects it :thmup:

Reich basically confirmed that after the game. Hopefully Jacoby will pull it off. Most likely will happen when we plan on going for it on 4th down.

45 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Please...wth you supposed to do when its 3rd n 20? Use your head

Run the ball to force the use of the last timeout, then punt, as was the end result.  I am using my head, but thanks for your misplaced insulting condescension. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something that has gone unnoticed the last three games is I believe we have had over one hundred rushing yards each game. We are becoming more balanced. Rivers with 288 yards and three TD along with the 140 rushing yards will get us pretty far.

Taylor played really well today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

thought for sure we were going to choke that away

My stomach was turning inside and out during all those holds and when Aaron got the ball in OT I couldn't even watch there for a minute. This win here shows me we can beat anyone. We played sloppy and had dumb penalties and still beat a very good team/great QB.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My stomach was turning inside and out during all those holds and when Aaron got the ball in OT I couldn't even watch there for a minute. This win here shows me we can beat anyone. We played sloppy and had dumb penalties and still beat a very good team/great QB.

I'm happy we got the W, but boy we sure made it hard on ourselves. Just no reason for a lot of that nonsense. I've been apologizing to my TVs for the last hour for cussing at them so much.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'm happy we got the W, but boy we sure made it hard on ourselves. Just no reason for a lot of that nonsense. I've been apologizing to my TVs for the last hour for cussing at them so much.

I was on the verge of having to buy a new lamp I have in the living room. I swiped at it once when they won the toss in OT. Nothing broke luckily haha , I didn't have the Chuck Norris in me I guess :funny:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was on the verge of having to buy a new lamp I have in the living room. I swiped at it once when they won the toss in OT. Nothing broke luckily haha , I didn't have the Chuck Norris in me I guess :funny:

I stood up real quick in my kitchen when Oke got burnt on that long pass late in regulation, and one of my stools around the prep table went flying... i was like.....

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Dolphins lost today too. Hopefully raiders lose. All in all not a bad thing the titans won since we won and play them next week. Puts ravens way behind in the WC.

I kinda want the Raiders to win - that would give the Chiefs 2 losses and would give Pittsburgh a little breathing room for the top seed and make them not so determined when they play us at season's end.