Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers @ Colts, November 22, 2020, 4:25pm EST

NFLfan
Message added by Nadine,

FYI, chat isn't working and I'm doubtful it will be fixed by game time

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why r so surprised?  I have said all year thus D is not that good. Against balanced teams and a  good qb, they look terrible. I absolutely hate this defensive scheme and have said they r going no where if they continue to use it. It is outdated and obsolete. 

I'm not. lol

1 minute ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Doesn't count in my mind I guess, just with all the cheating scandals around the pats.... But I see your point. Great defenses can give good offenses fits, but they can't stop them, at some point if you spread your offensive weapons out across the field and you spread the ball around, that defense won't have a chance.

Again for years good defenses have stopped those kinds of offenses.  That’s what makes them elite.  No you aren’t going to pitch a shutout but the rule with the Manning defenses was to hold the other team to 20.  This defense has given up 21 in the first half.  Right now forget elite they aren’t even playing like a Manning level defense.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

great catch by Burton. dime by Rivers.

after some very uninspired play calling, Rivers carried that drive.

Rivers has gotten some criticism both locally and nationally but he has done a good job of getting juice in the passing game without any solid ground game to pull us out of holes, keep us in games multiple times so far this year

• Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Again for years good defenses have stopped those kinds of offenses.  That’s what makes them elite.  No you aren’t going to pitch a shutout but the rule with the Manning defenses was to hold the other team to 20.  This defense has given up 21 in the first half.  Right now forget elite they aren’t even playing like a Manning level defense.

Yeah well we know they are playing the NFL scrubs right now. 

Just now, SR711 said:

Rivers has gotten some criticism both locally and nationally but he has done a good job of getting juice in the passing game without any solid ground game to pull us out of holes, keep us in games multiple times so far this year

yea. the haters gonna hate regardless. he carried us that drive. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Because it touched the line, and from live tv it looked like the ball bounced at the 1. 

That doesn't explain why it's a touch back. As IndySS said, you see players pick up balls in the end zone and run them out all the time, and when they get tackled the ball is not moved to the 25.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah well we know they are playing the NFL scrubs right now. 

Yeah I didn’t say that but to be elite you have to be able to hold your own against other elite units. How many time did we see Peyton and his offense man handle the Ravens defense?  That’s not happening with the Colts defense today.  The Packers are doing whatever they want.