Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here is to a great game

Arodgers12

It’s always a great game when we play you guys. We usually come out on the losing end though. I hope it’s a great game with no injuries. I believe you guys beat us the last 2 times and the last one I think you beat us in our house. The Colts are a classy team. I hope you guys stay safe and healthy too from Covid.

16 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

It’s always a great game when we play you guys. We usually come out on the losing end though. I hope it’s a great game with no injuries. I believe you guys beat us the last 2 times and the last one I think you beat us in our house. The Colts are a classy team. I hope you guys stay safe and healthy too from Covid.

2004 game was of my first games as a Colts fan. We were in MINN at the mall of America, and I asked my parents to buy me a Colts hat. We got back to the hotel just in time for game to start. I watched Manning and Favre in a shootout and felt soo good about choosing the Colts for my team.

2008 was the last time we lost to ya'll. Rodgers was green and we had a very strange season in 2008 I guess kind of a season to forget when compared to others.

2012 was a shock! here we are, the packers coming off of a "letdown" 15-1 where they were beating down everyone. When I saw this on the schedule I thought we were gonna get smacked. And it started out that way. But we came back and my man Reggie finished off the comeback.

2016 another weird down year where we weren't very good. But we smacked around the Packers and the vikings that year. But from the kickoff the packers were doomed in this one. 

The Packers are my NFC team so this will be fun! Can't wait!

15 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Amen.  Just for the record we've got an extra Colts uniform over here we'd be happy to give to Aaron.  Should the packers decide that next year is the time to start the Love era that is.....

That'd be AMAZING lol although he's getting up there too.. he'd fit right in here. Pat Mac would absolutely lose his mind!

10 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

2004 game was of my first games as a Colts fan. We were in MINN at the mall of America, and I asked my parents to buy me a Colts hat. We got back to the hotel just in time for game to start. I watched Manning and Favre in a shootout and felt soo good about choosing the Colts for my team.

2008 was the last time we lost to ya'll. Rodgers was green and we had a very strange season in 2008 I guess kind of a season to forget when compared to others.

2012 was a shock! here we are, the packers coming off of a "letdown" 15-1 where they were beating down everyone. When I saw this on the schedule I thought we were gonna get smacked. And it started out that way. But we came back and my man Reggie finished off the comeback.

2016 another weird down year where we weren't very good. But we smacked around the Packers and the vikings that year. But from the kickoff the packers were doomed in this one. 

The Packers are my NFC team so this will be fun! Can't wait!

Yeah the last 2 times you guys beat us in close games. You beat us in Lambeau 31-26. I think you had a kickoff return for a touchdown to start the game.

27 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Yeah the last 2 times you guys beat us in close games. You beat us in Lambeau 31-26. I think you had a kickoff return for a touchdown to start the game.

In 12 it was the game when the team learned that Pagano had cancer.  Reggie was amazing that day, and Luck showed what he could be as an NFL QB.  (Too bad we didn't have Ballard as a GM back then).

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

In 12 it was the game when the team learned that Pagano had cancer.  Reggie was amazing that day, and Luck showed what he could be as an NFL QB.  (Too bad we didn't have Ballard as a GM back then).

We were up 21-3 at Halftime. Yeah that was a brutal loss but was happy for your coach. How is he doing now health wise? Any of you guys ever hear anything about him?

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

Pats fans/trolls can learn a lot from classy posters like you!!! Im sure one will hijack this thread if it hasnt been done already! Hope it is a good game, too bad i freakn work sundays thanks to Covid!

51 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

We were up 21-3 at Halftime. Yeah that was a brutal loss but was happy for your coach. How is he doing now health wise? Any of you guys ever hear anything about him?

I had the opportunity to meet Chuck at the Colts practice facility during one of the off seasons.  He's a really nice guy, but probably not meant to be a head coach.  He did a great job with the Ravens and it looks like he's doing well with the Bears.

IMHO, he was in a bad environment because of the GM.  If you ever listen to Pat McAfee's show, he talks about it.  We did get to the AFC Championship game (and got smoked).  So we have to give him some props.

7 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Does anyone remember the classic 1997 Game in Indy where you guys were 0-10 and we were 8-2 or 9-1 and we lost like 45-42. I believe your backup QB Justin I think his name was threw 5 career TD passes all against us LOL.

1997 vs. Packers

The Colts were 0-10, well on their way to the #1 overall pick, when the 8-2, defending Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers rolled into Indianapolis, with an epic QB match-up between Brett Favre and Paul Justin on tap. The Colts were 13 point underdogs that day, but that didn't stop them from a miraculous 41-38 win at the RCA Dome that Sunday. The Packers scored with just over five minutes remaining to tie the game at 38, and Justin and the Colts took the clock all the way down to three seconds, where Cary Blanchard kicked the game-winning 20 yard FG as time expired. Justin had a career high 340 yards passing on the day filling in for starter Kelly Holcombe (and holding off Don Majkowski and Kerwin Bell for the starting job), which really, really, really makes us take for granted now the high-level of QB play we've seen since that 1997 season (save 2011). In a season that had very few highs, this was certainly the highest, giving the hometown fans something to go crazy about.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199711160clt.htm

1 hour ago, Myles said:

1997 vs. Packers

The Colts were 0-10, well on their way to the #1 overall pick, when the 8-2, defending Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers rolled into Indianapolis, with an epic QB match-up between Brett Favre and Paul Justin on tap. The Colts were 13 point underdogs that day, but that didn't stop them from a miraculous 41-38 win at the RCA Dome that Sunday. The Packers scored with just over five minutes remaining to tie the game at 38, and Justin and the Colts took the clock all the way down to three seconds, where Cary Blanchard kicked the game-winning 20 yard FG as time expired. Justin had a career high 340 yards passing on the day filling in for starter Kelly Holcombe (and holding off Don Majkowski and Kerwin Bell for the starting job), which really, really, really makes us take for granted now the high-level of QB play we've seen since that 1997 season (save 2011). In a season that had very few highs, this was certainly the highest, giving the hometown fans something to go crazy about.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199711160clt.htm

I remember watching that game at One of my Best friends house with my parents, His brother and his parents. Unfortunately my buddies Dad whom we watched that game with was killed in a motorcycle accident in 2015. That game brings back good memories of family football get togethers and His Dad even though we lost that day.

3 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

I remember watching that game at One of my Best friends house with my parents, His brother and his parents. Unfortunately my buddies Dad whom we watched that game with was killed in a motorcycle accident in 2015. That game brings back good memories of family football get togethers and His Dad even though we lost that day.

I'm sorry to hear about that :(.. but glad you have those happy memories

5 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Nice post.  If you guys did send over Love there would be some here who would be pretty happy with that.  I'd rather have Rodgers for a few years personally.  But it should be a good game Sunday.

The risk of Love is exponentially higher and the reward would be that much greater if he ends up being a star.

14 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

You too, man! Should be a fun one to watch!

I just heard an unfun fact.  The top rated passer in the league has faced the top rated pass defense 11 times.  Out of those 11 the passer has won 10 of the games.  

rodgers is the top rated passer this year and we are the top rated pass d.  

I heard this on the radio so I don’t have an article source to ref.  

4 hours ago, krunk said:

There was a game during the Manning era I recall that we played up in green bay. I think it was early in Rogers career. I remember he whipped us pretty good. I forget the exact year.

2008, Rhodes ran for 2 TDs and that's all we scored. Rodgers passed for 1 TD. GB ran for another TD and kicked a couple FGs. What really killed us was their 2 pick-6's. One for 62 yards and the second for 99 yards!

Final score: Colts 14 - Packers 34

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2008101911

I went to the Chuckstrong game with my cheesehead boyfriend. What was that? 2012?

SO MANY Packers fans. But I remember them all being pleasant. My bf couldn’t believe the catches Reggie Wayne was making haha 

This would be a perfect game for TY to fill that role :goodluck: I’m still holding out hope he’ll have a baller game this year.

Good luck! Here’s to a fun, clean game with no injuries!

14 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Hey Colt fans what’s your opinions of our offense this season?

offense is great.  Same as always under Rodgers.  The problem is the same as always, the defense.  I don’t trust that defense is good enough to them to super bowl. 

I feel Rodgers could be a multi super bowl champ and contention for GOAT, if Packers knew how to build a defense. 

He’s got huge yards, large TD numbers, very low INT, and is #1 in all time passer rating.  But he’s only had a top 10 D 3 years - 19, 10, & 09. 

19 was a fluke due to easy schedule.  I feel they weren’t as good as their record.  10 they won a super bowl.  And 09 although the D was ranked top 10 in regular season, they allowed Cardinals to put up 51 points on them in the playoffs. 

Seems the team always expects Rodgers to carry them, and haven’t really given him many teams built to go all the way. 

20 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

offense is great.  Same as always under Rodgers.  The problem is the same as always, the defense.  I don’t trust that defense is good enough to them to super bowl. 

I feel Rodgers could be a multi super bowl champ and contention for GOAT, if Packers knew how to build a defense. 

He’s got huge yards, large TD numbers, very low INT, and is #1 in all time passer rating.  But he’s only had a top 10 D 3 years - 19, 10, & 09. 

19 was a fluke due to easy schedule.  I feel they weren’t as good as their record.  10 they won a super bowl.  And 09 although the D was ranked top 10 in regular season, they allowed Cardinals to put up 51 points on them in the playoffs. 

Seems the team always expects Rodgers to carry them, and haven’t really given him many teams built to go all the way. 

I agree with you. Your spot on. I think in 2014 we had close to the best team in football and we choked a 16 point lead in Seattle. I thought we had a chance to win the Super Bowl that year.

Archived