Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flux's Slip 'n Slide Mock

Every year, come draft day, there are a few players that slip down the draft boards, just as there are players who teams reach for. So, While trying to be somewhat realistic, yet idealistic at the same time, I decided to do a mock where my preferred player slips to us and one where my preferred "reach" is taken. Since its pretty hard for someone drafted in the 6th-7th rounds to be considered a "reach" I will just pick guys who I would in those spots. Feel free mix and match the players I've selected or post your own version as I'm sure most of you will have different prospects you would wish to fall.

Round........"Slip"..........................."Reach"

1...Luck............................Mohamed Sanu WR, Rutgers :)...

2..Brandon Thompson NT, Clemson.........Alameda Ta'amu NT, Washington

3...Brandon Boykin CB, Georgia/ Jayron Hosley CB, Virginia Tech........Jamell Fleming CB, Oklahoma

4...Marvin Jones WR, California/ A.J. Jenkins WR, Illinois................Jake Baquette DE, Arkansas

5...Ryan Miller OG, Colorado/ Marvin Mcnutt WR, Iowa........James Hanna TE, Oklahoma

5 (comp)...Evan Rodriguez TE, Temple........Ronnie Hillman RB, San Diego State/ Brian Linthicum TE, Michigan State

6 (comp)...B.J. Cunningham WR, Michigan State........Justin Bethel CB, Presbyterian

7...Antoine Mclaine OG, Clemson....Miles Burris LB, San Diego State

7...Adonis Thomas RB, Toledo...Griff Whalen WR, Stanford

7 (comp)...Mike Harris CB, Florida State.....Ernest Owusu DE, California

I have to go to work now but I'll post my explanations of my picks afterwords if I still feel like it.

Brandon Thompson is a better version of Antonio Johnson. Only fit for a 4-3.

You may be right (bear with me because the NT responsibilities in a one gap or two gap are pretty new to me), but if you look at his size and, from the limited tape I have seen of him, the way he can handle double teams he may be able to handle NT. Then again, he looks to be more of a penetrator than a space eater.