Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brees has rib fractures and collapsed lung

chad72

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some of it over the years does looked altered but It is tough to rig anything because you need the players and REFS to do so together. I think the REFS alter things though with bad calls, etc..

The penalties are game-changing to where the refs don't need the players help to affect a games outcome. One pass interference call can be 30+ yards. A call at the goal-line can create 4 extra downs to score a td. A challenge by another team can be the difference between a win or loss. Even some offensive penalties can kill a drive and force a punt or difficult 4th down. 

If the NFL wants a certain outcome, they can get it by calling the correct penalties at the right time.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

The penalties are game-changing to where the refs don't need the players help to affect a games outcome. One pass interference call can be 30+ yards. A call at the goal-line can create 4 extra downs to score a td. A challenge by another team can be the difference between a win or loss. Even some offensive penalties can kill a drive and force a punt or difficult 4th down. 

If the NFL wants a certain outcome, they can get it by calling the correct penalties at the right time.

I don't disagree with that conspiracy theory because I have seen some outrageous bad calls that have cost teams games or teams getting away with away stuff that is not called. It is worse in basketball.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've heard the NFL say it before. It's college football that is a collegiate sport while the NFL is sports entertainment. They can legally rig anything they want, but it may sacrifice the integrity of the sport. The thing is, nobody will believe they are rigging anything anyway in a majority sense, so they are safe to do it.

I think there are a good number of people that think something is fishy, but most think the ref's are influencing games because they are betting on games.

Few people really know the depth of conspiracy & corruption involved.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think there are a good number of people that think something is fishy, but most think the ref's are influencing games because they are betting on games.

Few people really know the depth of conspiracy & corruption involved.

That Cowboys-Steelers game was the first game this season that I felt the refs were trying to keep the Steelers from losing. Of course, I do not watch every game but I would be naive to think that there is ZERO corruption involved. However, I do want to believe in the good of humanity that prevails MOST of the time and feel inclined to believe most of them are fairly officiated. :) 

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Wild, unsubstantiated claims of deceit. Seems to be the in thing right now. 

@Jared Cisneros you’ve played this card many times with zero proof, and even had your “predictions” supporting it fall short. I suggest you either bring something factual, else let the topic stay on topic.

How about this, I'll make you a deal. If the Bucs don't make the SB, I won't mention any conspiracy theories anymore (unless there's a topic where a sports official or player admits to rigging the game with 100% evidence). If the Bucs make the SB and I'm right with my theory, I get your moderator position on the Colts forum and you admit I'm right. Deal?

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

How about this, I'll make you a deal. If the Bucs don't make the SB, I won't mention any conspiracy theories anymore (unless there's a topic where a sports official or player admits to rigging the game with 100% evidence). If the Bucs make the SB and I'm right with my theory, I get your moderator position on the Colts forum and you admit I'm right. Deal?

That’s not how proof works...  they might just make it because they’ve sold out on win now and Tom Brady is somehow still defying time. 

Its a very childish way to approach this. Bring something more than hearsay. You know yourself, you get overly fixated on stuff.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't disagree with that conspiracy theory because I have seen some outrageous bad calls that have cost teams games or teams getting away with away stuff that is not called. It is worse in basketball.

I’d argue more any sport where there is any form or interpretation in the rules suffers from “poor” officiating, even with the benefit of replay. It’s not unique to the NFL.

Let's not forget the Rooney's Steelers.  A league favorite for decades before Kraft took over. Now that the Pat's are down this year it's the Steelers turn once again if they can get help to get past the Chiefs. 

And wouldn't the league, advertisers, networks, and media love to see a Roethlisberger/Brady SB ??

24 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

That’s not how proof works...  they might just make it because they’ve sold out on win now and Tom Brady is somehow still defying time. 

Its a very childish way to approach this. Bring something more than hearsay. You know yourself, you get overly fixated on stuff.

NBA refs have fixed game plenty. Look at Tim Donaghy. He bets on his own games and fixed them. 

Here's a link: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/634456-nba-referees-fixing-games-blowing-calls-ruining-the-game-of-basketball

If it happens in Basketball, why wouldn't it happen in Football?

The NFL is in the 80s era of WWF/WWE where people were picking up on the fact that it could be rigged, but no one would dare say it yet and would get laughed at if they did. None of the wrestlers at the time would admit it and kept "Kayfabe", just like no one in football will admit it today. However, there are plenty of signs of it, and it gets more obvious the more egregious the calls that are blown on a week to week basis.

Sometime in the next 10 years, you will probably hear something from a retired official or player that will blow the cover off the door, and I will bet on that.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Let's not forget the Rooney's Steelers.  A league favorite for decades before Kraft took over. Now that the Pat's are down this year it's the Steelers turn once again if they can get help to get past the Chiefs. 

And wouldn't the league, advertisers, networks, and media love to see a Roethlisberger/Brady SB ??

I will say this - the league and media would love to see a Big Ben vs Mahomes AFCCG. Big Ben however has lost an AFCCG at home to Brady in his rookie year in 2004 but won the next 3, one on the road in Denver in 2005 and two at home vs the Ravens in 2008 and vs the Jets in 2010. 

Mahomes or Big Ben vs Rodgers or Brady will definitely provide enough headlines. But then, you never know if the Saints keep winning and Brees comes back like Peyton for the playoffs to go on a run if the Saints won their division. 2 out of those 5 seem the most likely.

Don't laugh at me now but here is my dark horse pick, the New York Giants. Their D has started playing real well and their QB too. The winner of the NFC East will be playing with house money as a #4 seed and it could very well be them. The Giants have historically fared well vs both the Packers and Brady, just saying. :) 

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

NBA refs have fixed game plenty. Look at Tim Donaghy. He bets on his own games and fixed them. 

Here's a link: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/634456-nba-referees-fixing-games-blowing-calls-ruining-the-game-of-basketball

If it happens in Basketball, why wouldn't it happen in Football?

The NFL is in the 80s era of WWF/WWE where people were picking up on the fact that it could be rigged, but no one would dare say it yet and would get laughed at if they did. None of the wrestlers at the time would admit it and kept "Kayfabe", just like no one in football will admit it today. However, there are plenty of signs of it, and it gets more obvious the more egregious the calls that are blown on a week to week basis.

In 10 years, you will hear something from a retired official or player that will blow the cover off the door, and I will bet on that.

If you’re seriously comparing entertainment wrestling to the NFL I don’t even know where to start. 

One bent official in another sport is very different to the mass conspiracy you’re portraying. There’s enough crap going on as it is without people throwing fuel onto the fire without real proof. The age of conspiracy has fast killed the age of reason.

We’ve been here before, you went all in on the Texans, saying the NFL was rigging it for them... how did that turn out. 

Again, bring something substantial and start a new topic with it, or stick to talking to about Brees very real injury. 

Also... honestly, take a step back and think and chill. I’m not going to get into other things that may be going on with you in the open forums, but some of your posts recently are more in the tone of when stuff ain’t so good for you. 

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The problem is you are letting your mind wonder with all these wild ideas that you are convinced its the only way Brady is successful. Brady is successful because he's a great QB and not because others get hurt.

Stop and take a breath for a sec my friend.

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

I’d argue more any sport where there is any form or interpretation in the rules suffers from “poor” officiating, even with the benefit of replay. It’s not unique to the NFL.

I don't go as far as Jared goes as in saying something is rigged. That would be really hard to do and if 1 person talked about it there would be a lot of people in big trouble. I will say this the REFS can alter games. Like the Pats getting away with PI against the Colts in the 2003 Title game at least 4 or 5 times (obvious no calls). The 2002 WCFinals, Game 6 Lakers/Kings 4th Qtr. 

The 1998 NBA Finals, Jordan got away with everything in Game 6 that clinched the Title. He clearly pushed off on Russell but no call. If that call is made, there is a Game 7 in Utah and that would heavily favor Utah with that home crowd.

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

If you’re seriously comparing entertainment wrestling to the NFL I don’t even know where to start. 

One bent official in another sport is very different to the mass conspiracy you’re portraying. There’s enough crap going on as it is without people throwing fuel onto the fire without real proof. The age of conspiracy has fast killed the age of reason.

We’ve been here before, you went all in on the Texans, saying the NFL was rigging it for them... how did that turn out. 

Again, bring something substantial and start a new topic with it, or stick to talking to about Brees very real injury. 

Also... honestly, take a step back and think and chill. I’m not going to get into other things that may be going on with you in the open forums, but some of your posts recently are more in the tone of when stuff ain’t so good for you. 

Jared is not the only one who believes in NFL shenanigans. 

Former players, even Hall of Famers suspect the same.

Even former Governors & that senator from Pennsylvania. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-fame-running-back-believes-patriots-cheated-against-rams-in-super-bowl-xxxvi/

You are aware of the Pat's being fined and disciplined multiple times?

You know of scandals named "Spygate" & "Deflategate", right?

And let's not forget how the "tuck rule" originated. 

We watch Football and root for our childhood teams because we love the game and our teams despite knowing our world is not made of rainbows and pixie dust.

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Because the league paid him off well and knows the Saints are capable of crushing the Bucs with him at QB. Did you see the game two weeks ago? It wasn't even close. Goddell is eliminating the competition for Brady. In fact, if the Rams beat the Bucs this Sunday, I expect Goff to have a "season ending injury" the following week. The NFL needs to start getting called out on this garbage.

I realize it's "sports entertainment" and they can legally get away with it, but the fans need to be aware of it as well.

i hear Kroger is having a sale on tinfoil this week...

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Because the league paid him off well and knows the Saints are capable of crushing the Bucs with him at QB. Did you see the game two weeks ago? It wasn't even close. Goddell is eliminating the competition for Brady. In fact, if the Rams beat the Bucs this Sunday, I expect Goff to have a "season ending injury" the following week. The NFL needs to start getting called out on this garbage.

I realize it's "sports entertainment" and they can legally get away with it, but the fans need to be aware of it as well.

I don't get this take at all. The league would much rather see Murray, Wilson or the Rams back in the SB before the Bucs even with Brady. There are so many good, young QBs that this notion that the league is pulling for Brady at age 43 is laughable. 

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you. It's painfully obvious something is going on by now and I'm sick of nobody noticing. Brady is given everything, and everyone just says it's coincidences or stupidity by other teams, coaches, and players that benefits him. IT'S AN INSIDE JOB! This is planned almost every year for him!

Are you really serious with this stuff?  So I guess when the Giants beat him twice and the Eagles beat him it was foiling the master plan?  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

This bums me out because I wanted Brees to be the all time leader in TD's.    Now it is Tom's.

Might be worth a separate thread on who will challenge the record next. I agree that Tom probably gets it and by a lot over Brees as Tom will play next year and it seems Brees will retire to go into broadcasting. 

It is possible that Brady could have over 600 TDs by the end of next year. If he plays beyond which he says he will then maybe 630 or even 650.  Rodgers is probably too far behind to catch him as he will get around 400+ this year. Wilson might make a run depending on how long he can keep playing at this elite level. After that it is guys like Mahomes, Murray, Allen and maybe Burrow.  I do wonder if those young guys will play long enough as the insane money they are making may make them leave sooner. 

1 hour ago, FortheWin said:

Might be worth a separate thread on who will challenge the record next. I agree that Tom probably gets it and by a lot over Brees as Tom will play next year and it seems Brees will retire to go into broadcasting. 

It is possible that Brady could have over 600 TDs by the end of next year. If he plays beyond which he says he will then maybe 630 or even 650.  Rodgers is probably too far behind to catch him as he will get around 400+ this year. Wilson might make a run depending on how long he can keep playing at this elite level. After that it is guys like Mahomes, Murray, Allen and maybe Burrow.  I do wonder if those young guys will play long enough as the insane money they are making may make them leave sooner. 

Its not gonna be the money that will prevent it, its going to be a slowly down of their abilities.  Those QBs you mention, rely a LOT on their mobility. Which is a good thing at times, but speed is one thing father time takes from MOST people. As they lose some of that mobility, their stats will go down as well. Unless they modify their play style and adjust to the decline, which is easier said than done.  Of the 4 you listed, I think Burrow and Allen, barring injury, will be the most likely to be the longest tentured.

Mahomes is GREAT.. now, has been great for a couple years now.  However, theres a stat floating around that shows the number of throws he makes after escaping the pocket vs the number of throws from within being almost 2:1. Eventually, that wont be as much of an option for him. 

20 hours ago, csmopar said:

Its not gonna be the money that will prevent it, its going to be a slowly down of their abilities.  Those QBs you mention, rely a LOT on their mobility. Which is a good thing at times, but speed is one thing father time takes from MOST people. As they lose some of that mobility, their stats will go down as well. Unless they modify their play style and adjust to the decline, which is easier said than done.  Of the 4 you listed, I think Burrow and Allen, barring injury, will be the most likely to be the longest tentured.

Mahomes is GREAT.. now, has been great for a couple years now.  However, theres a stat floating around that shows the number of throws he makes after escaping the pocket vs the number of throws from within being almost 2:1. Eventually, that wont be as much of an option for him. 

I agree.  All of the young QBs are mobile guys so that will hurt them in terms of longevity. Even Rodgers as great as he is from the pocket, moves around a lot and has had injuries as a result. You really need a confluence of things to go in your favor to even have a chance. Brady really is in his third career - he played in 20's, then his 30's and now is in his 4th season in his 40s. He has been in his prime for this whole time with a slight drop off last year due to his supporting cast. So another QB will have to match that type of production and longevity and also have a top flight org support him all that time like Brady had with the Pats until the very end.

It will be fun to follow though just because I feel like we are in a golden age of young Qbs coming out and being productive. Some of that is the pro game morphing into the college game.

15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Id tell you but then id have to kill you 

:lol:

Shhh.  Its because they think Lamar can beat the Bucs easier than they could beat the Saints.  Goodell already has his plans to knock out Mahomes so Lamar can get his ring.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't buy this injury. I think there's something fishy going on like Brees getting paid off to fake an injury so the Bucs can win the division and make the SB in Tampa.  (snip)

On 11/17/2020 at 7:37 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Because the league paid him off well and knows the Saints are capable of crushing the Bucs with him at QB.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:41 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm predicting the same "fake injury" that happened to Brees (although it'll be a different injury) to Goff the following week if the Rams beat the Bucs like the Saints did. Goddell will eliminate any and all threats that have potential to keep the Bucs from making the SB.

This play was not fake-

Broken clavicles (collar bones) and broken ribs/pneumothorax are reasons the league has a personal foul four landing full weight on or driving a QB into the ground.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Everybody has a price. It might be more than just money as well, it could be an under-the-table deal after Brees retires to make his life better for his family. Or anything else.

Shots like that will not make his after football life better at all.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This play was not fake-

Broken clavicles (collar bones) and broken ribs/pneumothorax are reasons the league has a personal foul four landing full weight on or driving a QB into the ground.

Shots like that will not make his after football life better at all.

Like I said before players don't fake injuries 

On 11/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, danlhart87 said:

Like I said before players don't fake injuries 

Especially Drew Brees.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, danlhart87 said:

I would be sad honestly if he never played another down. I don't know the severity yet.

8 broken ribs on his left side, 3 broken ones on the right.  He was quite beaten up.

On 11/20/2020 at 5:07 PM, FortheWin said:

Brees was put on IR today. That means he misses 3 games.  I would think he needs at least a month to six weeks to heal from the ribs and lungs so it will be Hill/Winston.

True on the 4 - 6 weeks for rib fractures to heal but, if the collapsed lung has re expanded, and he can move and breathe without pain, he can be cleared to return before the rib fractures are fully healed. Since he is on IR, he must miss at least 3 games. But it may be more.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Especially Drew Brees.

8 broken ribs on his left side, 3 broken ones on the right.  He was quite beaten up.

True on the 4 - 6 weeks for rib fractures to heal but, if the collapsed lung has re expanded, and he can move and breathe without pain, he can be cleared to return before the rib fractures are fully healed. Since he is on IR, he must miss at least 3 games. But it may be more.

He played the niners game with fractured ribs from Tampa. That is what caused the collapsed lung. Hopefully they let him heal all the way with that many fractures. Their schedule is pretty soft until KC. Plus, selfishly I really want to see Hill and what Payton will do for him. 

Archived