Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's "mad dog" tweet?

Could be a reference to Jimmy "Mad Dog" Matis, a former Q95 personality who I think may be joining the Colts radio team in some capacity.

Mad Dog was hired by the parent company of the Colts' flagship radio station. I wonder if he tired of the sales job and was able to get on with the in-hosue radio team.

http://www.ibj.com/emmis-colts-hire-exq95-jock-mad-dog-matis-/PARAMS/article/21395

For those who aren't sure what the OP is talking about, Irsay's tweet was "What's this rumor I hear,the Mad Dog comin' n2 the fold!!!! My gracious me!"

Personally, I have no idea what he is talking about

Could he possibly be talking about Mad Dog Russo, the sports talk guy on Sirius? Maybe coming to camp?

I know the Sirius guys will be there Thursday. You're right, Isray is really out there.

I assumed he was talking about Mad Dog 20/20. Perhaps that's the new plan to get a little bit of meanness on defense and offensive lines.

And as far as I'm concerned, as long as Jim keeps putting a winner out there (or at least doing everything he can to do so) he can tweet whatever wants to. I like that he's not afraid to be himself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• As far as the history of teams turning things around from the regular season, it happens enough years based on history that your "not too many" indicates it is uncommon based on most of our interpretation. Trust me when I say this, don't take it personal, you would not be the first person trying to cover his/her bases in an argument in this forum based on semantics and this won't be the first time you will do it either. I have had my share.     I just gave 1 year worth of examples. Patriots vs Steelers 2004, Steelers vs Colts 2005, Giants vs Patriots 2007, Ravens vs Broncos 2012, all SB winners, and there is always a few teams that DO turn around results from the regular season that end up going the distance in the playoffs. Those are just noteworthy for being SB winners.   Just last year, Ravens vs Titans and Browns vs Steelers (with a healthy Big Ben) adds to the examples I gave you for reversing regular season results. These are just off the top of my head. The bottom line is, it happens enough times that it is not uncommon at all that I felt the Colts had more than a puncher's chance vs the Bills.   Regardless, welcome to the forum and hope to see you post more.  
    • SOunds cool.  Don't know enough about CFB to be much more than a place holder for automatic though.  I'll be interested in the results though.
    • I'm thinking we start on Monday evening, is that cool with you and @NFLfan  ?   I got the text of the big board done last night (top 340 from NFL.com). Going to coordinate with NFLfan tonight to get it published, pinned, and locked (so it's read only and only updatable by NFLfan).   As soon as we get enough GMs, we'll do the lottery. Thinking we'll do some kind of blind lotto with one of us with the "key", and another using a random numeric generator to ensure it's blind/fair.   Any fans of other teams like @JoeThornburg of the Steelers , we'll auto assign their team (unless there are multiple fans of that team). The rest of the Colts fans, we'll put through the lotto.
    • Come on man, you will have 1 team and just 1 team to devote some research to and check in for about 15 minutes tops during an evening.  You can do it!!!  
    • Thank you for the invite but I won’t be able to participate.
  • Members