Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Steelers go undefeated?

chad72

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They’re the most balanced team in the AFC other than maybe the Chiefs.

The rest of their schedule is very much winnable games. Ravens and Colts are truly the only ones that can challenge them the rest of their schedule.

Thoughts??

No they will not

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Nope they dont excel in anything but are very good at everything, Colts beat them..book it

Our record against the Steelers is abysmal though. The last time we beat them was back in 2008 and since then they've beat us six times in a row.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/indianapolis-colts/teamvsteam?opp=25

We would also be playing at the Steelers. The only saving grace possibly is the game is week 16, so if the Steelers end up giving up on the last game of the season, maybe they'll give us a freebie.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Our record against the Steelers is abysmal though. The last time we beat them was back in 2008 and since then they've beat us six times in a row.

We would also be playing at the Steelers. The only saving grace possibly is the game is week 16, so if the Steelers end up giving up on the last game of the season, maybe they'll give us a freebie.

Nothing about 2008 is relevant to today, I always laugh when they flash up things like that. Now last year yes some relevance, 2 seasons ago barely but nothing about the long past has a bearing on current.

Going undefeated in the NFL nowadays is harder to do than win the powerball lottery 50 times in a lifetime.

In a 16 game season, anyone can beat anyone in any week. Any team can overachieve or underachieve any week. Even the Jets will have 1 win before the end of the season.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Nope they dont excel in anything but are very good at everything, Colts beat them..book it

They "don't excel in anything"??? What does that mean?

The Steelers are playing better than any team in the league. They may not go undefeated but barring further injury, they have the best chance to knock off the defending champs.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

They "don't excel in anything"??? What does that mean?

The Steelers are playing better than any team in the league. They may not go undefeated but barring further injury, they have the best chance to knock off the defending champs.

It means they aren't #1 in any category, certainly not scoring (Hello Seattle), not points allowed (Rams are you back already...), not  yards a game (Arizona but Pitt comes in a respectable 24th at 345 yards a game so better than 8 teams so there is that).

So it means what is says they DO NOT excel at anything,  they do win close games beat the Broncos by 5, Texans by 7, Titans by 3, Ravens by 4, Cowboys by 5 ...not exactly great performances but ugly wins are wins but dont carry a whole lot of confidence like some squads that were running wild with perfect seasons at this point of the year. The Dolphins perfect players can crack open the champagne again soon.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:58 PM, chad72 said:

They’re the most balanced team in the AFC other than maybe the Chiefs.

The rest of their schedule is very much winnable games. Ravens and Colts are truly the only ones that can challenge them the rest of their schedule.

Thoughts??

Now I think they're gonna lose next week. Calling it, the jags are winning this week against the Steelers. 

10 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

It means they aren't #1 in any category, certainly not scoring (Hello Seattle), not points allowed (Rams are you back already...), not  yards a game (Arizona but Pitt comes in a respectable 24th at 345 yards a game so better than 8 teams so there is that).

So it means what is says they DO NOT excel at anything,  they do win close games beat the Broncos by 5, Texans by 7, Titans by 3, Ravens by 4, Cowboys by 5 ...not exactly great performances but ugly wins are wins but dont carry a whole lot of confidence like some squads that were running wild with perfect seasons at this point of the year. The Dolphins perfect players can crack open the champagne again soon.

"Excel" does not mean being #1 in a category. 

A win by any margin is still a win.

Excel means being the best or near best in any major category by most people's view in ANY sport be it team or individual...we simply dont see that with this Pittsburgh team and in fact they are below in several, it is what it is.....they do not excel at anything as I stated and posted facts to back that up,  they have won close games which I also gave them credit for though often  vs not very good competition and I listed that above as well.....you may have a lower view of excel than most and that is ok if it works for you...hell some people still cling to the fact Joe Namath excelled at QB though the stats in every category prove other wise.....

18 hours ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

Hey, it is good to have another Colts fan from Arizona on the Forum. I agree with your comment. Going undefeated is tough to do.

Hey there, I don't live there anymore.  I'm back in Indy now.  But I used to live in Phoenix, up off of Cave Creek Rd just north of Squaw Peak, not too far from PV Mall.  Used to take 51 down to work every day.  I used to meet up with a few other Colts fans for the early games (9:00 a,m,) at bars back in the late 90's, and that was before the Manning era.  I think I moved back after his rookie season.  I imagine there are probably a lot more Colts fans out there now.

36 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Excel means being the best or near best in any major category by most people's view in ANY sport be it team or individual...we simply dont see that with this Pittsburgh team and in fact they are below in several, it is what it is.....they do not excel at anything as I stated and posted facts to back that up,  they have won close games which I also gave them credit for though often  vs not very good competition and I listed that above as well.....you may have a lower view of excel than most and that is ok if it works for you...hell some people still cling to the fact Joe Namath excelled at QB though the stats in every category prove other wise.....

Stats don't tell the end story.

Excelling in the win column is the ultimate excel. That is the bottom line. 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:25 PM, ReMeDy said:

Hopefully this game will be an AFC Championship preview! Although I don't think Pittsburgh will go undefeated, I can't see them giving any games away with Kansas City right behind them for the AFC's top seed and sole postseason bye.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will never happen, they are far from dominant. Nothing like the 2007 Pats or our 2009 Colts. 

You mean our 2009 quitter feeble Polian led bunch of cowards team? The same team that did not rest Freeney in a meaningless snap? That team? The pathetic * Caldwell led puppet team?   

3 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

You mean our 2009 quitter feeble Polian led bunch of cowards team? The same team that did not rest Freeney in a meaningless snap? That team? The pathetic * Caldwell led puppet team?   

Yep that would be the team that could've went 19-0 but we quit and Freeney got injured in the AFC Title Game in a meaningless series. It is ashame how that season ended. I will never forgive Polian for quitting 16-0. Having a chance at 16-0 rarely comes around.  

Archived