Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams to cheer for today

danlhart87

Patriots:

Ravens own the tie breaker over Colts

Texans:

Browns own the tie breaker over Colts

Bengals:

Chances of Colts getting top seed are very marginal but every Steelers loss helps

Cardinals

Bills loss gets Colts closer to possible 3rd seed 

Chargers

Dolphins are very much in the WC and playoff hunt.

Broncos

Same for Dolphins plus Colts play Raiders in about a month.

Simple rules for every week, in order:

Root for any NFC team playing an AFC team.

Root for any team playing a team in our division.

Root for the AFC team with the worse record when playing another AFC team outside of our division.

If two teams from our division are playing each other, root for the one with the worst record in the division.
If they have the same record, root for the one that we already beat.  
(And, if possible, always root against the Patriots)

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Root for the AFC team with the worse record when playing another AFC team outside of our division.

If two teams from our division are playing each other, root for the one with the worst record in the division.
If they have the same record, root for the one that we already beat.  
(And, if possible, always root against the Patriots)

I don’t think it’s a rule to root against the Patriots.  It comes natural for Colts fans. 

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not sure that applies to the Jags.  I'd rather see them draft 5th than 1st.

Totally unrelated but I wasn't going to make a thread about it, but I heard a funny start today... First time in 40+ years the nfl home teams combined are under .500 this far into a season. 

Literally no home field advantage this season. Pretty funny I thought.

*yawn* I'm bored...  such great games. I'm stuck watching the giants vs eagles. 

P.s. I replaced rooting against the pats with rooting against the bucs.. Patriots have their whole defense off this year and obviously a new QB. Tom brady has an all star team down there in Tampa.. so down with the Bucs!!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fields is solid but a drop off compared to Lawrence. Lance is good as well. Lawrence is top dog though. As long as they don't get him it is all good.

Not saying Fields is better than TL, but his stats arguably are. And Fields is playing in a league with much better D and all around talent than the ACC.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jags will probably draft him if they pick 2nd. I still like Lawrence better just by the eye test.

I've watched both pretty closely. It's hard not to like both, but TL's 3 year track record of consistency is just hard to pass up regardless of how well Fields looks. 

I think the biggest factor though will be simply what teams they go too, and how willing the teams are to invest around them. I really don't want to see either in Jax....

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Houston ends up with the 2nd pick. I'm not saying they would take a QB, but whoever is sitting in the top 2 will have the ability to demand a bunch of draft capital. Houston, if #2 could parlay a trade that would really pump up their roster. And even if Jax doesn't end up with #2, they'd likely go to Lance. Last I saw, mocks had him going 5-15.

You also have BYU and FL's QBs looking very strong. I could see both going in the 1st too which would be 5 total. That's a really strong QB group this year. So if Eason isn't working out, we have draft options.. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm torn on the Packers/Jags game.   A Jags win helps us avoid Lawrence in the division.  But since we play the Packers next week, I'm not sure I want to play them coming off a loss.

why are you torn then? it seems to me you should just root for the Jags

edit: plz ignore I is dumb

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Not sure that applies to the Jags.  I'd rather see them draft 5th than 1st.

Understand.  As a Buckeye, I'd hate to see Field have his career ruined in Jacksonville.  I won't mind it as much if they ruin the career of that young lady who plays QB for Clemson.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I've watched both pretty closely. It's hard not to like both, but TL's 3 year track record of consistency is just hard to pass up regardless of how well Fields looks. 

I think the biggest factor though will be simply what teams they go too, and how willing the teams are to invest around them. I really don't want to see either in Jax....

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Houston ends up with the 2nd pick. I'm not saying they would take a QB, but whoever is sitting in the top 2 will have the ability to demand a bunch of draft capital. Houston, if #2 could parlay a trade that would really pump up their roster. And even if Jax doesn't end up with #2, they'd likely go to Lance. Last I saw, mocks had him going 5-15.

You also have BYU and FL's QBs looking very strong. I could see both going in the 1st too which would be 5 total. That's a really strong QB group this year. So if Eason isn't working out, we have draft options.. 

I believe Houston traded away their first rounder.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With how the AFC is looking snd our record in the conference we might have to win the division to make it. I can’t believe how good the dolphins look. Every team either won or is on their way to winning today.

That is why Thursday was gigantic, we have to sweep the Titans which I think we will now.

Archived