Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon fined $5k for hit on Lamar Jackson

Dogg63

35 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah Blackmon has to be smarter than that. He’ll learn though.

Yea I'm sure he can clean it up some. It's gotta be kind of tough though when they are always trained to be lower to maintain leverage so the instinct is to drop as low as the ball carrier. Then that leads to some of this stuff where helmets can meet when both going that low. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO if Blackman isn't held accountable for his mistake, he learns nothing. 

He is on an average of over a million a year. Him paying a $4200 fine is like us paying a high dollar speeding ticket. 

Eh, it's more of an overreaction by the NFL because Lamar Jackson is one of their golden boys. The hit on Doyle was worse.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Eh, it's more of an overreaction by the NFL because Lamar Jackson is one of their golden boys. The hit on Doyle was worse.

The fines on both are based on their incomes, not the severity of their personal fouls. 

I could be wrong but I think all the personal fouls are fined in the NFL. With each occurrence it gets more expensive.

53 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The fines on both are based on their incomes, not the severity of their personal fouls. 

I could be wrong but I think all the personal fouls are fined in the NFL. With each occurrence it gets more expensive.

Unsure but i remember watching and i dnt think the ravens player got a personal foul, dnt believe a flag was thrown (could be wrong, but doubt it)

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Lamar was going to the ground at the same time as that tackle by blackmon. 

Unlike with Doyle who had clearly not caught that ball and that ravens defender definitely targeted him. 

Still pisses me off. 

regarding the hit on Doyle.... not sure the defender realized that Doyle didn't catch the ball. and even if he did, he also didn't lead with his helmet. blackmon led with his helmet, which is unquestionably a no-no.

not saying the fine wasn't justified, just not sure i totally fault the defender as if he did it viciously. IMO it was borderline and depends on what the defender truly saw and motivation. and we'll never know (unless he talked about it??)

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

regarding the hit on Doyle.... not sure the defender realized that Doyle didn't catch the ball. and even if he did, he also didn't lead with his helmet. blackmon led with his helmet, which is unquestionably a no-no.

not saying the fine wasn't justified, just not sure i totally fault the defender as if he did it viciously. IMO it was borderline and depends on what the defender truly saw and motivation. and we'll never know (unless he talked about it??)

I didnt hear him say anything just looking at that, and it was in slow motion so its not unlikely that it all happened too fast to adjust. 

12 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I didnt hear him say anything just looking at that, and it was in slow motion so its not unlikely that it all happened too fast to adjust. 

Yep. it was a big hit, but I just didn't see it as a vicious play real time. He led with his shoulder, and went high which is what you do if you're trying to disrupt a pass in that area. I think it was just timing. And even if you see him juggling, you don't want to give him the opportunity to somehow recover and pull it in. 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yep. it was a big hit, but I just didn't see it as a vicious play real time. He led with his shoulder, and went high which is what you do if you're trying to disrupt a pass in that area. I think it was just timing. And even if you see him juggling, you don't want to give him the opportunity to somehow recover and pull it in. 

Yeah I guess I would have been happy with a flag 

Archived