Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IU playing very good.

I'm happy for the IU program and Coach Allen is top notch!

Big wins over Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State, but we now know all three of those teams are down this year.

The REAL TEST for Indiana is this Saturday against Ohio State.  If the Hoosiers win this one, then they are 100% legit!!!

GO HOOSIERS!

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

I'm happy for the IU program and Coach Allen is top notch!

Big wins over Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State, but we now know all three of those teams are down this year.

The REAL TEST for Indiana is this Saturday against Ohio State.  If the Hoosiers win this one, then they are 100% legit!!!

GO HOOSIERS!

They win against Ohio State and they can make a push for the playoffs.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Come on, Ohio State is on a higher level w.r.t coaching and talent. I bet Ohio State beats them something like 45-31 or something like that.

I think IU will lose something like 52-17.   

I was just sAying that if they would beat them they would have a path to the playoff.

Is it me or is Mike Pennix Jr., from IU, from purely a QB point of view, is outplaying Justin Fields? Justin Fields seems like the typical big program QB that benefits from talented WRs separating easily while Mike Pennix Jr. is putting the ball on the money into tight Windows with no run game.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Is it me or is Mike Pennix Jr., from IU, from purely a QB point of view, is outplaying Justin Fields? Justin Fields seems like the typical big program QB that benefits from talented WRs separating easily while Mike Pennix Jr. is putting the ball on the money into tight Windows with no run game.

IMO Pennix is a pretty talented QB. 

Plus Fryfogle is a WR to keep an eye on as well. 

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He is outplaying him, unfortunately Indiana can't stop the run. Nice comeback but it looks like IU is going to fall short. 

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is outplaying him, unfortunately Indiana can't stop the run. Nice comeback but it looks like IU is going to fall short. 

IU lost but did show the whole country they belonged rated. 

Pennix- 27/51 491 yds, 5 tds and 1 pick

Fryfogle- 7 catches for 218 yds and 3 tds. 

The nice thing about this year there are a couple teams who just drafted their future QB last season who could be a trade partner if we want to move up for a QB. Chargers and Bengals are going to have high draft picks. Washington and Jets are most likely picking a QB. I think the giants are starting to come around do they might stick with Jones.  I just don’t think a team will want to trade down as far as we will be drafting. Maybe one slips past the top ten and we fall In love with one of them. Fields playing style seems to be a lot like Kyle Murray.

IU made it a good game.   Unfortunately, the ceiling has dropped big time.  Before this loss, I think the ceiling was making the playoff.  That's gone now.   Winning their division in the Big 10 is gone.  A Big Ten Championship is gone.   Next highest would be a top bowl game.   Are they doing bowl games this season?   

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 6:54 PM, chickenMan said:

I’d like to revive this thread and say GO HOOSIERS!!!

If anyone wants to discuss, just quote this! Happy to talk about a good football team lol

Cancelled the game with Purdue this week and lost their chance at the Big Ten championship game.   Not a good week for IU.  

So, the Big 10 now changes the rules to allow Ohio State to go to the Big 10 Championship game instead of IU.

Now, I don't know what prompted the original rule in the first place, but seems odd that it would be changed NOW that Ohio State would have been ignored due to it.

Just another disappointing/outrageous thing to remember 2020 by.

5 hours ago, buccolts said:

So, the Big 10 now changes the rules to allow Ohio State to go to the Big 10 Championship game instead of IU.

Now, I don't know what prompted the original rule in the first place, but seems odd that it would be changed NOW that Ohio State would have been ignored due to it.

Just another disappointing/outrageous thing to remember 2020 by.

Yeah, there is more money to be made with OSU than IU. 

Archived