Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nashville Sports Radio Idiocy

Its ridiculous listening to Nashville Sports Radio, which are obviously Titans Homer Biased. One of the radio hosts still isn't impressed by Indy's defense even after they shellacked the Titans last night. He basically said their kicking game was the reason the Titans lost, and completely neglected the fact that Indy's defense dictated that game, along with Rivers and Hines being able to do what they wanted on offense. 

I live in Nashville, TN and it's hilarious how moronic these local homers sound. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet Tannehill is still soaking in the cold tub so I bet he disagrees how great our D is  

I've listened to DD.  There can be no greater radio idiocy, regardless of state.

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Its ridiculous listening to Nashville Sports Radio, which are obviously Titans Homer Biased. One of the radio hosts still isn't impressed by Indy's defense even after they shellacked the Titans last night. He basically said their kicking game was the reason the Titans lost, and completely neglected the fact that Indy's defense dictated that game, along with Rivers and Hines being able to do what they wanted on offense. 

I live in Nashville, TN and it's hilarious how *ic these local homers sound. 

I bet Tannehill is still soaking in the cold tub so I bet he disagrees how great our D is lmao 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I live in Nashville, TN and it's hilarious how *ic these local homers sound. 

What do you expect? It's Nashville. 

No one smart comes from there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I live in Nashville, TN and it's hilarious how moronic these local homers sound. 

I'm in Glasgow, KY and Tennessee circle pulling is all I hear on the radio. Even this morning they were saying the same thing, and how this is still a Super Bowl caliber team. The Colts got lucky, and we'll do good to win another game this season.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Yes there are homers.  If the situation were reversed, a lot of Colts fans would be blaming the loss on special teams.  Not the Tenn D.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yes there are homers.  If the situation were reversed, a lot of Colts fans would be blaming the loss on special teams.  Not the Tenn D.

I've listened to Indy Sports radio and they aren't nearly the homers Nashville, TN sports radio hosts are. 

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

I've listened to Indy sports radio as well.  And they are pretty big homers.

Try listening to Nashville sports radio hosts. They are much worse. They thought the Titans did absolutely nothing wrong when they were criticized nationally for being careless with COVID protocols by practicing when they were advised not to. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Try listening to Nashville sports radio hosts. They are much worse. They thought the Titans did absolutely nothing wrong when they were criticized nationally for being careless with COVID protocols by practicing when they were advised not to. 

Ok my man.  I would be willing to bet that Titans fans think Indy sports guys are bigger homes.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I've listened to Indy sports radio as well.  And they are pretty big homers.

I'm not too sure of the sports radio being over the top homers in Indy. 

The top two are JMV and DD and they aim mostly negative at the Colts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, they were neck-to-neck with us till their special teams gaffes blew the door open - a shanked punt and a blocked punt resulted in 14 points. However, their D is no Steelers or Ravens D, we could all see that. No wonder the Bengals rang their number by putting up 31 on them. Heck, the Vikings put up 30 on them and lost by a FG if I remember right.

They sure will give us their best shot when they come to Indy, gotta be prepared. They will be more healthy then on their OL, D (Adoree Jackson back at CB) and possibly get back their starting punter as well. We will find out. 

• Like 1

They gave us some fits here and there so I can sort of see if they have some doubts about our D.  Even if its not entirely real.

We'll play them much better in game two up in Indy I am almost certain of it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Indy’s D played well but saying they dictated the game is a big stretch. 

Several things.

First, division games in this league are always harder to predict than any other games, because the teams know each other so well, they could go an almost infinite number of ways. It really boils down to which team executes better that given game than anything else going into the game. What happened last night will have almost nothing to do with what happens two weeks from Sunday in Indy.

Next, regardless of what happened last night, and Indy's defense really did throttle the Titans most of that game, the Titans offense is no fluke. They have a number of ways to beat teams, and they're usually very good at each of them. So I wouldn't just assume that we're all going to see a repeat two weeks from Sunday in Indy. It rarely goes that way in rematches. If I were Flus and the Colts defensive staff, I'd be also thinking about how I'd adjust on offense to what Indy did to shut them down most of last night, and prepare for them to try to do exactly that in two and a half weeks, instead of just prepare for the same things they saw last night.

Finally, being new here because of Philip, the LAST thing I'd call the Indy sports coverage is "a bunch of homers". Crap, it seems to me like every one of them depicts Philip as the favored son of Satan if he has even just one bad throw in a game, ha ha. I'm actually shocked they didn't blame him for Wilkins going wussy mode on the pass that should have been a first down just outside the goal line last night. Had the Colts lost, I have no doubt they would have. Things like that that I've read so far this year aren't anywhere close to a sports press community qualifying as homers.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'm in Glasgow, KY and Tennessee circle pulling is all I hear on the radio. Even this morning they were saying the same thing, and how this is still a Super Bowl caliber team. The Colts got lucky, and we'll do good to win another game this season.

Hey, I got some family right down the road from ya in Smith's Grove.  I'm honestly surprised the radio stations take the time to talk about anything other than UK in that area.

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Indy’s D played well but saying they dictated the game is a big stretch. 

Indy's D held Henry to 103 yds, Tannehill to 147yds and 1 td. and Brown to 1 catch for 21 yds. 

Going into this game the Titans averaged 28 points a game and scored 17.

So saying the Colts D dictated was not a stretch. 

Not only did they dictate, they dominated too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, chad72 said:

To be honest, they were neck-to-neck with us till their special teams gaffes blew the door open - a shanked punt and a blocked punt resulted in 14 points. However, their D is no Steelers or Ravens D, we could all see that. No wonder the Bengals rang their number by putting up 31 on them. Heck, the Vikings put up 30 on them and lost by a FG if I remember right.

They sure will give us their best shot when they come to Indy, gotta be prepared. They will be more healthy then on their OL, D (Adoree Jackson back at CB) and possibly get back their starting punter as well. We will find out. 

IMO the reality was the Titans had been able to hang in and win games in the 4th quarter on teams that lack top notch defenses. 

Last night they faced the best defense they have faced all year. They did hang 24 on the Steelers and the Bears. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Indy's D held Henry to 103 yds, Tannehill to 147yds and 1 td. and Brown to 1 catch for 21 yds. 

I think despite all that if you take away the 2 ST gifts the score is 20 to 17.

Great win overall though 

I honestly don't get what the titans have to brag about. Since 2012, they have beaten us only 3 times. Their own HC who everyone deems the next great HC is 1-4 against us.

• Like 3

It will be a tough game in the rematch.  Adjustments will be made.  The Titans will need to win it to stay in the division race.  I wouldn't overlook that game at all.  But it's one I think we can win of course.  In fact, I think we CAN win the rest except Pittsburgh.  That place is a house of horrors for Colts fans and I can't even remember the last time we got a W there.  Likely won't be this year either unfortunately.  But the rest of the schedule is very doable.  I'm still sticking with my 10 win pre-season prediction.

8 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

It will be a tough game in the rematch.  Adjustments will be made.  The Titans will need to win it to stay in the division race.  I wouldn't overlook that game at all.  But it's one I think we can win of course.  In fact, I think we CAN win the rest except Pittsburgh.  That place is a house of horrors for Colts fans and I can't even remember the last time we got a W there.  Likely won't be this year either unfortunately.  But the rest of the schedule is very doable.  I'm still sticking with my 10 win pre-season prediction.

I had us 4 - 5 at this stage but finishing 9 - 7 but what do I know 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Need to be factual here. Sure Nash guys are homers, we should expect that, but that doesn't mean they aren't directionally correct. 

1. Our D in the first half wasn't good at all. We gave up scores on 3 of 4 drives.

2. Giving up 17 in pts in half is just not good. Our D was only giving up 20pts a game. We gave up 17 in the first half.

3. Henry still rushed for 100+ yards and near his season average, and was well above his season average for YPC (5.4 vs 4.7).

4. Before the shank and the blocked punt for a TD, we were down 17-13. Those two plays turned the game and led to 14 pts putting us up 10 instead of down 4. Then they missed a FG after that.

In short, TN's running game is their bread and butter, and sets up their pass. They are not a team that plays well down by multiple scores. Their kicking game woes contributed to a 17 point differential. Our D had little to do with that. Those issues made them predictable late in the game and easier to defend. Our passing game, and our STs, flipped the game and won it for us.

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

I was impressed by the TN play calling. After watching the game again, I expect a tight rematch. The Colts played well and if they can get Turay back, look out.

As far as Indy sports talk guys, most predicted TN would win. I hear a lot of negativity from guys like DD, JMV, Mike Wells and Steven Holder. Even K Bowen predicted TN.

I’d be willing to bet, most of us Colts fans, living in other cities, resent the home team.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If AJ Brown had caught that deep shot (of which he was wide open on) he’d have taken it for 6 and we would have likely been down 2 scores... and who knows what happens from there...?

Colts won handily in the end, but the game could easily have swung the other way. I don’t like rivers playing catch-up and forcing throws.