Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Rookies

RollerColt

I've gotta say, the Colts rookies really stepped up last night. Some were playing for redemption, and others were just flat out playing. 

Pittman led the WRs, and really stood out on some crucial catches. 

Blackmon again continued to be a monster at times. I was getting Bob Sanders vibes the whole night. 

And Taylor, that boy earned some hard runs. The Titans were going after him trying to get him to fumble again. Instead, he blew them up each time they tried to hit him. 

It's just one game, but our rookies might be starting to figure some things out. That will bode ridiculously well for us heading into December. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I've gotta say, the Colts rookies really stepped up last night. Some were playing for redemption, and others were just flat out playing. 

Blackmon again continued to be a monster at times. I was getting Bob Sanders vibes the whole night. 

And Taylor, that boy earned some hard runs. The Titans were going after him trying to get him to fumble again. Instead, he blew them up each time they tried to hit him. 

It's just one game, but our rookies might be starting to figure some things out. That will bode ridiculously well for us heading into December. 

Pittman looked big and fast last night.  I would like to see Reich and Rathman get Taylor right going into December.

Blackmon has been critical to solidifying the secondary.

This is looking like another very good draft for Ballard

3 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Blackmon is yet another wonder-pick by ballard proving he is a top 2 GM in the league. 

Before you crown him the greatest, doesn't he have a laundry list of failed draft picks as well? He did pass on DK Metcaf and AJ Brown for Mr. Always injured. 

48 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Before you crown him the greatest, doesn't he have a laundry list of failed draft picks as well? He did pass on DK Metcaf and AJ Brown for Mr. Always injured. 

That is nonsense.

You really want to call not picking Metcalf or Brown a laundry list?  Horse dung. 

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

That's a laundry list? please LOL. There is no such thing as perfection as a GM. You don't expect a QB to have a 100% completion percentage. Ballard has around a 70% completion percentage which is better than almost all the other GM's in the league.

10 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

That's a laundry list? please LOL. There is no such thing as perfection as a GM. You don't expect a QB to have a 100% completion percentage. Ballard has around a 70% completion percentage which is better than almost all the other GM's in the league.

Hmmmmm...70%. Name the successes and name the failures

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

How about this Ballard drafted 29 guys from 17 to 19 and 20 are still on Colts in some shape or form 

Thats 68.9 percent 

He had some last draft success, but early isn't one of them except in 2018 with a sure thing in front of him..

1..Hooker...Bust (so far)

2. Quincy Wilson.. Bust, GONE.

3. Tarell Basham.. Bust, he's gone.

Late rounds 2017

4th...Marlon Mach.. Very Good

4th.. Grover Stewart.. Turning out to be very good

5th. Anthony Walker.. Very Good

2018- By far the best draft, a building block draft.

1. Nelson

2. Leonard

3. Braden Smith

Also, Turay, Lewis, Hines, Wilkins 

2.  Rock Ya-Sin.. Mixed reviews at best

2.  Ben Banogu.. Needs to be more impactful

2.  Parris Campbell.. Can't stay healthy. Passed on AJ Brown and DK Metcaf.

3.  Bobby Okereke.. See Banogu

The best pick so fan is the 4th rounded

4. Khari Willis

2.  Pittman.. He had a very good game Thursday, lets hope that's what he is..

2.  Taylor  I'm not sold on him at all, seems to be real slow hitting the hole.

3.  Blackmon (He looks like  a stud)

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

“Blackmon was a reach in the 3rd round”- Colts forum members 

I'm the biggest Ballard fan on the forum. Way to quote without context. More like "Blackmon was a reach in the 3rd round because of his torn ACL." There was a legit reason people were saying that, and it wasn't randomly because rankings were saying he was a reach. Nice job though calling out half the forum though without telling the whole story. Seems par for the course on here.

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

He had some last draft success, but early isn't one of them except in 2018 with a sure thing in front of him..

Late rounds 2017

1. Nelson

2. Leonard

3. Braden Smith

4. Khari Willis

Traded first for buckner. Okereke  has been much better than banogu

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm the biggest Ballard fan on the forum. Way to quote without context. More like "Blackmon was a reach in the 3rd round because of his torn ACL." There was a legit reason people were saying that, and it wasn't randomly because rankings were saying he was a reach. Nice job though calling out half the forum though without telling the whole story. Seems par for the course on here.

I had no problem with the Blackmon pick but I got surprised when he started playing as early as he did. 

11 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I have no idea if Ballard is one of the top GMs or not.  Seems best way to measure that would be post-season record, ultimately.

In any case, I am personally happier with him than I was with Grigson, even though Grigson won an Executive of the Year award.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I had no problem with the Blackmon pick but I got surprised when he started playing as early as he did. 

Me too. We were very fortunate Blackmon was ready to play when he did, because it correlated with Hooker's torn achilles that ended his season. Blackmon has been amazing this season and should start every game from now on. He's a human highlight reel!

3 hours ago, il vecchio said:

I have no idea if Ballard is one of the top GMs or not.  Seems best way to measure that would be post-season record, ultimately.

In any case, I am personally happier with him than I was with Grigson, even though Grigson won an Executive of the Year award.

Ballard won Executive of the Year in 2018. 

13 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Late rounds 2017

1. Nelson

2. Leonard

3. Braden Smith

4. Khari Willis

Clue me in on why Okereke in round 3 is like Banogu in round 2 ?

On 11/13/2020 at 7:05 AM, RollerColt said:

That's certainly a very optimistic way of describing a 7 rush for 12 yards performance.

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

That's certainly a very optimistic way of describing a 7 rush for 12 yards performance.

Sure is. His stats suck, but his performance helped play a part in demoralizing that Titans defense. 

Perhaps that will be the role he plays from now on. Let Hines and the others get the large bits of yardage and have Taylor come in to bruise people. 

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you want to hold out against Ballard because Luck walked out? 

I am sorry you want that because there wasn't an immediate fix for that. 

Thats not what i said. People attribute Grigson's success to Luck. They said he was a crap gm, which I wont argue with. However, Ballard had not won anything yet without Luck.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Thats not what i said. People attribute Grigson's success to Luck. They said he was a crap gm, which I wont argue with. However, Ballard had not won anything yet without Luck.

What does one have to do with the other? Nothing.

I am sorry you either fail to see the differences or just plain ignore them. 

Archived