Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

I think we just need to put pressure on Rodgers, the running game can easily be stopped by our run defense.  They're not in Derek Henry's league.  I'll hold off my prediction, last prediction I made was the Titans to win, boy was I wrong on that one....But I'm hoping the Colts will prevail on this game....There's hope for our Colts!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

That is sound logic and I see your point. I 100% agree the Colts could win this one easily.  They need to play ball control with a solid running game and working the screens.  Maybe they can catch GBs linebackers peeping into the backfield and hit MAC in the seam or Pittman on an intermediate crossing route for chunk plays. I’m confident the defense will do their part if the offense limits three and outs and doesn’t turn over the ball.  Buuuuuuttttt....I still don’t trust Rivers and it’s a coin flip if he will throw two TDs or two interceptions. 

I still don’t understand the not trusting Rivers.  In 9 games, he had 2 bad game INT wise(Jags, Browns).  In the Ravens game, the throw was a bad throw, but shouldn’t have been called a INT.  

I get people are worried because of last year, but last year was different.  He was having 3 & even 4 INT games.  He seems to be playing better than last year, aside from the terrible pick 6 in the browns game & the INT into double coverage in the Jags game.  I think it just stands out a lot because they both are losses.  

QBs are going to have INT, unless they’re named Mahomes or Rodgers.  I’m hoping for a positive 2nd half of the season, and hoping we don’t see any dumb INT like the jags and browns game. 

This is a gettable game at home.  It really is.  They have a great HOF QB.  They have a possible HOF WR.  The rest can be dealt with.  Their OL isn't that great and I think even though this may be the best passing offense we will have faced thus far, I think it's also safe to say this may be the best defense they have faced.  I would bet both sides are looking at this as a true challenge.  I also look at common opponents.  Lions game score was VERY similar, except we played in Detroit whereas they played them at Lambeau.  The numbers for Stafford in both games were also very similar.

They played Viking twice, who we absolutely SHUT DOWN.  They have played them twice and split with them, giving up 34 points in the win and 28 points in the loss.  Cousins had a 118.6 rating in the loss, and a 138.1 rating in the win.  He had a 15.9 rating vs. us.  Dalvin Cook only had 50 yards but 2 TD's in the loss and absolutely went WILD in the win with 163 yards and 3 TD's with another 63 yards receiving and another TD.  Cook had 63 yards and a TD and 8 yards receiving vs. us.  

Ranks:  GB offense is 7th in total yards, Colts 17th.  GB is 8th in passing yards, Colts 10th (surprised me).  GB is 10th in rushing yards, Colts 22nd.  GB is 3rd in ppg, Colts 15th.  Defensively, GB is 11th in total yards, Colts 1st.  GB is 13th in passing defense, Colts 3rd.  GB is 12th in rushing defense, Colts 3rd.  GB is 16th in ppg allowed, Colts 3rd.

Records: GB is 6-2 overall, Colts 6-3.  Their combined opponent record is 30-37, Colts 31-43.  GB is 4-1 on the road, Colts 3-1 at home.  GB is 1-1 vs. teams with winning records (win vs. Saints, loss vs. TB), Colts are 2-2 vs. teams with winning records (wins vs. Bears & Titans, Losses vs. Browns and Ravens).  Interestingly both of the Packers' tough games have been on the road while 3 of the Colts' tough games have also been on the road.

GB is +3 on turnover diff., Colts +4. 

So what does all this mean?  IDK, but I think it's doable if the Colts can protect the football.  I think the Colts defensive trend is to allow more points in the 1st half then make adjustments and shut down offenses in the 2nd half.  I wouldn't be shocked if GB leads at the half only to watch the Colts put the clamps on them in the 2nd and pull it out.  I also like the Colts overall ST much better and that 3rd unit COULD be the difference here.

8 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

I still don’t understand the not trusting Rivers.  In 9 games, he had 2 bad game INT wise(Jags, Browns).  In the Ravens game, the throw was a bad throw, but shouldn’t have been called a INT.  

I get people are worried because of last year, but last year was different.  He was having 3 & even 4 INT games.  He seems to be playing better than last year, aside from the terrible pick 6 in the browns game & the INT into double coverage in the Jags game.  I think it just stands out a lot because they both are losses.  

QBs are going to have INT, unless they’re named Mahomes or Rodgers.  I’m hoping for a positive 2nd half of the season, and hoping we don’t see any dumb INT like the jags and browns game. 

Rivers is on pace for a statistically similar season as last year and the general consensus was that wasn’t a good year. He isn’t a bad QB.  Again, Rivers is not a bad QB but he isn’t great.  Ive said this all year and my opinion is not changing, this team is average bc they have an average QB.  Rivers QB rating has now dipped into lower 90s and I expect it fall some more as the competition increases as the playoffs approach.  Rivers is a roller coaster and it’s hard to predict what he will do.  A beatable ravens team comes to Indy and he puts up a 60 QBs rating, 10pts and shut down in the 2nd half.  Goes to TN and throws 200yds in the first half and puts up 27pts.  Some of it is play calling, some of it is skill players or OL not executing and some of it is the hot/cold style of Rivers. 

The Colts are very capable of winning this game.  They could also only play 2quarters of solid football and that is not enough to beat a playoff caliber team. Hopefully the TN game was enough to springboard some momentum for the big push in these final 7 games.  

13 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Rivers is on pace for a statistically similar season as last year and the general consensus was that wasn’t a good year. He isn’t a bad QB.

Not entirely accurate. His INT% has dropped over a whole point from 3.4% to 2.2%. That's lower than his 2018 INT% (2.4%), in which his year was very very good.

Reich's game plan also significantly limited his attempts/game for a stretch, and that seems to have changed now, He's averaging almost 40 per game the last 4 games.

The average y/g for those 4 games is 292, which is up significantly from the 4 prior. He had 4600 in 2019, so that wasn't his problem anyway.

His Y/A (7.9) is also up to 2018 levels (7.92), and should get better unless Reich puts the training wheels back on.

He's also had 7 TDs the last 4 games, vs 3 TDs in the prior 4.

His QBR is also up 14 points and is getting better every week.

He's not trending towards 2019, he's now trending toward 2018..

Again, Rivers is not a bad QB but he isn’t great.  Ive said this all year and my opinion is not changing, this team is average bc they have an average QB.  Rivers QB rating has now dipped into lower 90s and I expect it fall some more as the competition increases as the playoffs approach.  

His rating has improved in the last 4 games. Three of four games have been 105+. He's now 93.6 and climbing. He was 88 last year. Passer rating isn't really a thing these days. QBR is the better metric. And that's a whole 14 points better than 2019. His QBR is actually his 2nd best QBR in the last 7 years. He's only had 4 years in his whole career that had a better QBR.

Rivers is a roller coaster and it’s hard to predict what he will do.  A beatable ravens team comes to Indy and he puts up a 60 QBs rating, 10pts and shut down in the 2nd half.  Goes to TN and throws 200yds in the first half and puts up 27pts.  Some of it is play calling, some of it is skill players or OL not executing and some of it is the hot/cold style of Rivers. 

I agree it's been a roller coaster, but it should be expected given the following.... 

New team

New offense/terminology

New coaches

A running game that has taken a step back due to injury and rook entry

New pass catchers

Musical chairs of pass catchers due to injury

Covid camp

No preseason

The Colts are very capable of winning this game.  They could also only play 2quarters of solid football and that is not enough to beat a playoff caliber team. Hopefully the TN game was enough to springboard some momentum for the big push in these final 7 games.  

Yup. I have no clue what will happen. I thought we'd beat Baltimore. I blame the game plan for that. I though our D would carry us vs TN, but it was our offense and special teams.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not entirely accurate. His INT% has dropped over a whole point from 3.4% to 2.2%. That's lower than his 2018 INT% (2.4%), in which his year was very very good.

Reich's game plan also significantly limited his attempts/game for a stretch, and that seems to have changed now, He's averaging almost 40 per game the last 4 games.

The average y/g for those 4 games is 292, which is up significantly from the 4 prior. He had 4600 in 2019, so that wasn't his problem anyway.

His Y/A (7.9) is also up to 2018 levels (7.92), and should get better unless Reich puts the training wheels back on.

He's also had 7 TDs the last 4 games, vs 3 TDs in the prior 4.

His QBR is also up 14 points and is getting better every week.

He's not trending towards 2019, he's now trending toward 2018..

His rating has improved in the last 4 games. Three of four games have been 105+. He's now 93.6 and climbing. He was 88 last year. Passer rating isn't really a thing these days. QBR is the better metric. And that's a whole 14 points better than 2019. His QBR is actually his 2nd best QBR in the last 7 years. He's only had 4 years in his whole career that had a better QBR.

I agree it's been a roller coaster, but it should be expected given the following.... 

New team

New offense/terminology

New coaches

A running game that has taken a step back due to injury and rook entry

New pass catchers

Musical chairs of pass catchers due to injury

Covid camp

No preseason

Yup. I have no clue what will happen. I thought we'd beat Baltimore. I blame the game plan for that. I though our D would carry us vs TN, but it was our offense and special teams.

Love the stats!   Tons of information to back up Rivers can carry this team when needed.  I think he is more than capable.  I still don’t trust him tho.  It’s not entirely on Rivers bc I think he has average play calling by Reich to contend with.  Hopefully the TN game was enough to send this team on a bit of a run.  

I think a key will be not letting Rogers go 31 of 33 for 289 yards. In other words dinking all day into the soft zone with his dominant receiver. This could easily be a repeat of last years New Orleans game with a much more mobile QB.   

We will have to be diverse on defense until/unless we have a double digit lead. I would love to continue to develop the RBs with runs and passes past the line of scrimmage. Too often our RBs get hit twice behind the line.  The rise of Pittman Jr. and the relative health of Hilton made a giant difference in TN.  I also hope we take the points.  Though we had  great game, bad punting accounted for 2 of our TD's and we left 6 points in field goals on the field because we lost on 4th down.  Sure we want to score TDs. but scoring nothing is simply a spiral against a high scoring QB like Rogers.  He is never out of a game, so even if we get a lead, unless it is 21 points or more, if there's more than 8 minutes left, we need to keep up the fire.  

Green Bay is beatable and so are we.  Let hope we play to our ability and keep the positive playcalling going.  

Just now, danlhart87 said:

No they dont

Oh yea they do. This O line has under performed all year. It was suppose to b thr strength of the team. Tons of assests invested in this group. Top in pass protection and last in rushing. Hell, they were suppose to b elite. I dont even know if they are average. Teams r running on Green Bay. Keep Rodgers off the field. I wouldnt b surprised if Taylor comes out in this game. Frank is going to pound the rock like never before lol.

15 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Love the stats!   Tons of information to back up Rivers can carry this team when needed.  I think he is more than capable.  I still don’t trust him tho.  It’s not entirely on Rivers bc I think he has average play calling by Reich to contend with.  Hopefully the TN game was enough to send this team on a bit of a run.  

Rivers is very capable. He's been best this year when Reich has allowed him to be himself. If we get behind though, I'm afraid bad Philip will show up, so I'd prefer to just let him get in his groove from the start. Our running game isn't good enough right now to carry the team. And our D likely won't be enough to carry us vs Rodgers. He'll tear our soft up if that's what we play. Packers aren't good vs the run, but still we can't rely on our running game to be something it's not. We'll need to use the pass to set up the run. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now I see us going 10-6. If we sweep the Titans the division is pretty much over. I had us 6-3 at the beginning of the season and finishing 10-6 so I am right on cue so far.

we should sweep the Titans, sweep the Texans, and beat Jax. That's 10 there. Packers, at Raiders, and at Pitt will be the games that can take us up a notch in terms of playoff position. 

I like our chances vs GB at home. Raiders have been very up and down, so who knows which team will show up. I think we match up well with Pitt.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

we should sweep the Titans, sweep the Texans, and beat Jax. That's 10 there. Packers, at Raiders, and at Pitt will be the games that can take us up a notch in terms of playoff position. 

I like our chances vs GB at home. Raiders have been very up and down, so who knows which team will show up. I think we match up well with Pitt.

I think GB and Pitt are losses.  Tenn and LV are coin flips, depends which teams show up that day including ours.  I think we should win both games vs the Texans but a split wouldn’t surprise me.  Jacksonville should be a win.  11-5 or 10-6 and division champs is very possible with this team.  9-7 is very realistic as well but that may be good enough to get into the post season. Main goal is for the defense to stay playing at high level while Rivers and the run game find their groove.  Should be a great finish to the season. I’m really enjoying this team win or lose bc players are flashing all over the roster.  

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yeah if we get the unexpected sweep vs Tenn, we could go 11-5. I had us splitting with them.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Anything can happen 

True, still a ways to go but it's weird how %'s change. After Thursday had we lost our chances of winning the division was 20/80, now we are favored 55/45. That was such a huge win, one of the bigger ones in our recent history. Rivers was really focused and didn't turn the ball over and was firing some nice passes.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True, still a ways to go but it's weird how %'s change. After Thursday had we lost our chances of winning the division was 20/80, now we are favored 55/45. That was such a huge win, one of the bigger ones in our recent history. Rivers was really focused and didn't turn the ball over and was firing some nice passes.

Rivers is key and not throwing picks 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Nah

We will win 1 we arent suppose to and lose 1 we are supposed to win 

you're not making sense. You said we're going to go 3-4 in the final 7. If Reich collapses like that after going 6-3, he's got issues. And that's after already losing 2-3 we shouldn't have.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I think GB and Pitt are losses.  Tenn and LV are coin flips, depends which teams show up that day including ours.  I think we should win both games vs the Texans but a split wouldn’t surprise me.  Jacksonville should be a win.  11-5 or 10-6 and division champs is very possible with this team.  9-7 is very realistic as well but that may be good enough to get into the post season. Main goal is for the defense to stay playing at high level while Rivers and the run game find their groove.  Should be a great finish to the season. I’m really enjoying this team win or lose bc players are flashing all over the roster.  

We have TN at home. There's no excuse for losing to them in Indy. Jax should be automatic. 

Not sure 9-7 will get us there. 9 AFC teams have 3 or few losses right now. 9-7 means we lose 4 out of the 7 remaining, likely elevates TN back in 1st in the AFCS, and makes it very difficult to lock up a spot. We already are on the loser side of tie breakers to Cleveland and Baltimore.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reich will at least go 10-6 now, if he doesn't I will do this homer falling GIF

IMO, we should win the rest of the AFCS games. TN and Jax at home. And both Houston games. They're just bad. Their only two wins are vs the Jags. And we need to take one of the GB/LV/Pitt games if not 2. 

10-6 at worst, but we should go 11-5

Archived