Packers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, a06cc said:

With our defense I think we can win this game on the road. 31-21 Colts

I believe we are at home next week.  

Packers 24-13.  I can see it going the opposite way but until Rivers can produce in a big game against an elite team I will remain skeptical.  If the offense controls the clock the defense has a shot to shut Rogers down.  

28 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Packers 24-13.  I can see it going the opposite way but until Rivers can produce in a big game against an elite team I will remain skeptical.  If the offense controls the clock the defense has a shot to shut Rogers down.  

We are at home thank goodness. Still think we win vs Packers. 

Colts 31 Packers 27 

Phillip Rivers 320 yards 3 TD 

Aaron Rodgers 240 yards 2 TD 

Darius Leonard 40 tackles 

This is the first Great throwing QB we've played all year. The key to this game will be trying to neutralize AA ron. Another key part of the game is that they're pass offense is really bad forcing a 106 QBR to opposing QBs and allowing 8 ypa, so I hope to see Rivers hot streak continue. This will be a shootout and I think discount double check will have 1 minute left to win but our defense will get a sack that will take the time down too much and win us the game. Can't believe I just predicted the Colts to beat the Packers...

I think the Colts win this. Aaron Rodgers is deceptively quick when dropping back to pass, but I think the speed of our D line surprises most teams that play us. I heard about Tanehill and his rollouts, Jackson and his quickness and the Colts D for the most part held them in check. If they have a good game against Rodgers I say Colts 35 Packers 31 . Packers D is little higher than average as far as stats go so far.

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think the Packers have a great defense from what I have read. So it’s going to be all on the offense.

I think they are 12th in the league

What is the Green Bay Packers defense ranked?

The Packers ranked first in scoring offense (38.0), second in total offense (445.5) and 12th in total defense.Oct 12, 2020

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Rivers sliced the Packers up last year, and he was on a worse team.  Not buying into your narrative.

It will come down to all three phases.  Show up like we did against TEN, and we have a decent shot at winning.

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Packers 31 Colts 24

Reich has a few 4th down failed gambles in the Red Zone that sends everybody into a frenzy but just remember like our good pal @PrincetonTiger says 

Everything Will Be OK

Go Colts 

Good win on Thursday 

It feels great to be in 1st place 

Have you ever predicted a colts win?  Every week you have these predictions, which  i appreciate, but i can't recall you picking the colts to win in any.  Come on, have some faith!

43 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Rivers sliced the Packers up last year, and he was on a worse team.  Not buying into your narrative.

It will come down to all three phases.  Show up like we did against TEN, and we have a decent shot at winning.

I agree if all three phases show up there is a great chance at winning.  Will Rivers throw two TDs or two interceptions?   Kinda been the question his entire career.  He is more than capable of lighting Green Bay up again so we will see.  I will enjoy watching either way. 

I can't get a good feel for this Packers team.  They've played two of the same opponents, the Vikings twice and the Lions.  They beat the Vikes by 9 the first game and lost by 6 the 2nd game (just a few weeks ago).  They beat the Lions by 21, very similar to us although it was at home.  I think this could go any which way.  Their defense isn't great but they are solid.  Defensively there are only 2 guys that scare me, Adams and Jones.  If we can make them one-dimensional and take Jones out that will help.  Getting a lead will help as well and make them very predictable.  At this stage in his career, Rodgers isn't going to get out and run much, but he's sneaky in the pocket.  However, keep that pocket tight and collapsing and he will feel the heat (see Bucs game).  Their OL is decent but not great.  Rodgers will get his, we just need to limit the damage.  I have a feeling this one will hinge on turnovers.  If the Colts have 1 or less, I think they can get this one.  Any more than that and I think the Pack take it because our defense doesn't create many fumbles and Rodgers doesn't throw many INT's.  

Gonna give the Colts the benefit of the doubt on this one with 3 extra days to prepare.  Colts take it 27-24.  If this were in GB I'd lean that way.

I will say this starting off.  This game is not nearly as important as it might have been at 7:20 last night.  If we would have lost v. TENN we are pretty much looking at a must win here.  

Now, this game is not crucial IF we take care of TENN at home.  If we beat TENN, even if we lose and Tenn wins next week, we would still be for all intents and purposes ahead of Tenn by an imaginary half game because of owning the tie breaker.

That being said,

The Colts have extra time to prep for the Pack.  They should be able to handle anyone's run game.  

The Pack are a middling type of defense, but they do have good LBs.  They have Aaron Rodgers and no one else does.  Adams is unguardable with ARodg throwing to him.

The Colts need to get away from Taylor.  The offense sputters with him and is not a good fit for his skillset.  If they do this, I think we should have the opportunity to score.  

We need to score TDs in the red zone and hole them to FGs.  Both teams will gain yds. between the 20s.

Colts riding high 35-24

This is a really bad game for the Colts IMO. Rodgers will throw on us all day most likely, and the running game is really good with Jones, Williams, and Dillon. Their defense is somewhat suspect, but they do have a top 3 CB in the league in Jaire Alexander with a solid pass-rush. We should be able to run on them a bit and pass a little as well, however, I don't see us winning a shootout with the Packers. We put up a good effort and lose in what will be our hardest remaining game of the year.

Packers 34

Colts 27

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a really bad game for the Colts IMO. Rodgers will throw on us all day most likely, and the running game is really good with Jones, Williams, and Dillon. Their defense is somewhat suspect, but they do have a top 3 CB in the league in Jaire Alexander with a solid pass-rush. We should be able to run on them a bit and pass a little as well, however, I don't see us winning a shootout with the Packers. We put up a good effort and lose in what will be our hardest remaining game of the year.

Packers 34

Colts 27

Be a homer party pooper.

Rodgers will take a lot of sacks, so if we can double Adams and force the others to beat us while generating pressure, we will definitely have a chance. We can control tempo by running the ball against them. 

I think we beat them at home, to be honest. Colts have done well vs the Packers over the years. 

Colts 30 Packers 24

Their pass D is excellent, so Rivers cannot turn it over. If bad Rivers shows up, Rodgers will not waste short field opportunities. Turnovers gave the Browns 9 points, and gave the Ravens 7 points, and if you look at it totally, 20 points to the Browns, 17 points to the Ravens and 17 points to the Titans is all we are truly giving. 

That is why I do not think the Packers cross 25 against us. We can always let the Gods blow some air when Crosby is trying a game tying FG like the Chuck Strong game. :) 

8 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Titans D is ranked 19 in PPG, Packers are Ranked 16th.  We just shredded titans D, and Packers aren’t much better.  I think with some good playcalling we’ll move the ball up and down the field. 

on the other side, we are ranked 3rd in PPG on D.  Bucs are ranked 9th in PPG and shut Rodgers down.  I think our D is better than Bucs.  

I can see the colts winning this one easily 

7 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

Titans D is ranked 19 in PPG, Packers are Ranked 16th.  We just shredded titans D, and Packers aren’t much better.  I think with some good playcalling we’ll move the ball up and down the field. 

on the other side, we are ranked 3rd in PPG on D.  Bucs are ranked 9th in PPG and shut Rodgers down.  I think our D is better than Bucs.  

The Packers were also without Davante Adams for over a month and Aaron Jones for a couple weeks. That stat is very deceiving. They have both back now and will be very difficult to defeat. They are a top ten team in PPG with them.

23 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

Packers are a team very much like the Colts. They feast on mediocre teams while having a hard time vs real good teams. 

Unlike the Vikings and so many other teams (which perplexes me) that play 1-on-1 against DaVante Adams, the Colts will have a different game plan vs the Packers, force Rodgers to be patient and take a lot more things underneath. Knowing Rodgers' tendencies, he will get impatient and try to take some shots down the field or take a lot of sacks.

My biggest worry is Frank - he chose to pass against a weak run defense in the Jaguars, hopefully he sticks with the run against the Packers and keeps Rodgers on the sidelines. That was his approach against Mahomes last year, hopefully that is the same against Rodgers too, make it the State Farm double wham of wins. :) 

I stand by my prediction Colts 30 Packers 24

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Packers were also without Davante Adams for over a month and Aaron Jones for a couple weeks. That stat is very deceiving. They have both back now and will be very difficult to defeat. They are a top ten team in PPG with them.

they had both Adams and Jones for that 38-10 beat down they took from the Bucs 

2 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

they had both Adams and Jones for that 38-10 beat down they took from the Bucs 

Yep, they had a bad game. So what? Every team but the Steelers has lost this year. They have earned the benefit of the doubt of being a great offense when healthy. One bad game isn't going to change that or my opinion.

Packers give up 25.5 points per game.  If our defense can slow them down a bit we can win this.  And I think our defense has the ability to hold them below their scoring average of 31.6 points per game.  The offense needs to show up though.  

I know this has nothing to do with game planning or matchups on the field.  But the Packers aren't perfect either.  We hold them in the mid 20s and I say we have a great chance to win.

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, they had a bad game. So what? Every team but the Steelers has lost this year. They have earned the benefit of the doubt of being a great offense when healthy. One bad game isn't going to change that or my opinion.

of course every team has lost, but none of the elite teams - KC, Ravens, Seahawks, Saints - have lost like that.  

Obviously we won’t agree, but I see GB as the same team they were last year.  Great record due to weak schedule, but not a team I see poised for a super bowl run. 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Rhodes can deal with Adams to be honest. Adams has never been a burner. Hes not that fast. More about routes.

5 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

That is sound logic and I see your point. I 100% agree the Colts could win this one easily.  They need to play ball control with a solid running game and working the screens.  Maybe they can catch GBs linebackers peeping into the backfield and hit MAC in the seam or Pittman on an intermediate crossing route for chunk plays. I’m confident the defense will do their part if the offense limits three and outs and doesn’t turn over the ball.  Buuuuuuttttt....I still don’t trust Rivers and it’s a coin flip if he will throw two TDs or two interceptions. 

Archived