Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Analysts Are Changing Their Tunes After The Game Is Over

King Colt

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Watching the NFL Network before and after the game you would swear they are not talking about the same two teams. Now the Colts are good and the Titans are not. Amazing how smart we become after the game is played.

I predicted mostly what would happen. Here's my quote from the game forum before it started.

"We need this game, but I also think it favors us. Henry shouldn't be able to run that well on us, Tannehill will be forced to pass on us, and we shouldn't get destroyed by him. Titans have a bad defense overall, and we should be able to move the ball on them. I think this is one of those games where we will do better and better as the game goes on and we'll just wear them down and build up a lead. At least I hope so."

Lets go Colts!

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most of them are acting perturbed we won because they were wrong. I knew we would win this game because we have the better QB and the better defense. When we played the Ravens we didn't. 

lamar is not good .  he had 150 passing yards against us big deal .  without the pick the ravens offense put up 10 points . 7 came from defense and 7 came from a short field on a pick .  if we see the ravens in the playoffs its gonna be a beat down .  if the colts offense can get going its game over that is the only thing holding us back

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

lamar is not good .  he had 150 passing yards against us big deal .  without the pick the ravens offense put up 10 points . 7 came from defense and 7 came from a short field on a pick .  if we see the ravens in the playoffs its gonna be a beat down .  if the colts offense can get going its game over that is the only thing holding us back

Their D is still a bit scary and it is Lamar's running that can be dangerous. We can beat them but I felt better about this game tonight going into it.

28 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

You're right about Lamar's overall performance.  But he got going at the right time and the defense let him get to the edges in that 3rd Q.  Adjustments to come if we play them again for sure.  But the offense has to do its part too and not leave our defense on the field for damn near an entire quarter

On 11/13/2020 at 12:10 AM, King Colt said:

Watching the NFL Network before and after the game you would swear they are not talking about the same two teams. Now the Colts are good and the Titans are not. Amazing how smart we become after the game is played.

True! And you can add this -

"When analysts comment on weird coaching decisions"-

82uTdf3.jpg

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, they were all over Tannehill and the Titans pregame, essentially crowning them as the new “darlings”. 

I think it’s time for some of them (Bradshaw) to move on. Then again I am biased against anything Steelers...

I knew Bradshaw wouldn’t pick us he never does I hate him what a jerk.

6 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Clowns ,rivers was kinda upset when nfl host said we all picked the titans and jinxed them .Rivers said I kinda think it wasn’t the jinx it was us beating them. took off headset and left 

I saw the interview posted in this thread and Rivers wasn't upset at all.

I think the only guy that picked us was either Strahan or Tony Gonzalez 

5 minutes ago, PrNum1 said:

I saw the interview posted in this thread and Rivers wasn't upset at all.

I think the only guy that picked us was either Strahan or Tony Gonzalez 

I thought the same thing.  It wasn't as dramatic as posted.  Looked like he was done anyway.  He was all smiles on the way out of I remember correctly......

6 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Clowns ,rivers was kinda upset when nfl host said we all picked the titans and jinxed them .Rivers said I kinda think it wasn’t the jinx it was us beating them. took off headset and left 

He wasn't upset.  It was the end of the interview and he said he never minds it when they pick against him, when they win.  He was in process of taking off the headset anyway.

It does make you realize that the people paid to know about games no nothing more than the average (or below average fan).  

Didn't about 20 of them pick TB over NO before that game?

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He wasn't upset.  It was the end of the interview and he said he never minds it when they pick against him, when they win.  He was in process of taking off the headset anyway.

It does make you realize that the people paid to know about games no nothing more than the average (or below average fan).  

Didn't about 20 of them pick TB over NO before that game?

Chris Berman knows what's up: "That's why they play the game". 

The media is ridiculous nowadays.  I expect hot takes from fans at the bar, that's what we do.  But the media guys should be a cut above all that and looking deeper in their analysis.

I blame the structure of the internet and the apps and traffic counts being used for advertisement for this btw.  It rewards over the top takes on anything and everything, driving the extremes.  But in a way it's made me a better fan because I watch the 22 every week and educate myself so I don't have to rely on these buffoons for my news and information.

Lastly both teams are really good.  Both the Titans and Colts are contenders and either or both have the pieces for a strong playoff run.  But in that game yesterday what you saw is the Titans are more reliant on the run game than the Colts are.  Colts are more balanced offensively, they're not the Chiefs but they can beat you different ways and it starts up front and pairs nicely with that defense.

You just need to know Philip to know what that was at the end of that interview. That was him doing what he's done as the leader of his teams his whole life - defending his guys. His pack. It's born and bred into his DNA as a natural born leader. All the best ones do one thing before and above all else - defend their guys. And he's no different. I've seen it EVERY... SINGLE... TIME... with him his entire life. He's going to promote his guys as having done everything they could do to get the win. And that's whether they're not given credit for their efforts in a win, or even taking the responsibility on himself in a loss.

It's who he is.

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

That could be here based on how some talked about the Colts after the Ravens game vs last night.

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

I was only half paying attention to the commentators, but I'm pretty sure they were worse.  Didn't at one time they talk about how the Colts haven't beaten the 'good' teams and then a little bit later brag about the Titans beating the Bears?

4 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I was only half paying attention to the commentators, but I'm pretty sure they were worse.  Didn't at one time they talk about how the Colts haven't beaten the 'good' teams and then a little bit later brag about the Titans beating the Bears?

Watching the game again today you re right, the narrators must have swapped partners between halves.

Archived