Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Rough Outing for Ya Sin ((MERGE))


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd seriously take offers for Nelson.  The LT is the important foundational piece of the oline and I can't imagine what type of cap hit he'll command in a couple of years.

 

Nah I wouldn’t go that far. We’ll have the money to pay him because we still don’t have a franchise QB on the roster and we have a lot of aging vets who Ballard will move on from soon. Also I wouldn’t mess with O-Line chemistry. The trio of Kelly, Nelson, and Smith  is the key to our line. Nelson changed the culture here and is someone is a legitimate gold jacket candidate if he keeps playing. You don’t let those guys go.

 

If anything trade the middle of the pack guys who you may not get huge draft picks for, but can get you late rounders that you can use to move up. I’m talking guys like Turray, Lewis, Ya-Sin, Campbell, Banogu, etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you out on Moore too? His coverage (passer rating allowed) is worst on the team. He allows the most YAC on the team. He also leads the team in missed tackles.    Rock played at a very hi

So you think Ya Sin (in his 2nd year) is having a rough go of it huh?    You may want to cut the young man some slack. The kid plays hard every snap. Tackles well and intercepts a few p

You folks called me crazy when I said I was out on him. Now you see why. Another game, another penalty and gave up a play or two. I think it’s time to hit the panic button. TJ Carrie looks better. 

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

 

Nah I wouldn’t go that far. We’ll have the money to pay him because we still don’t have a franchise QB on the roster and we have a lot of aging vets who Ballard will move on from soon. Also I wouldn’t mess with O-Line chemistry. The trio of Kelly, Nelson, and Smith  is the key to our line. Nelson changed the culture here and is someone is a legitimate gold jacket candidate if he keeps playing. You don’t let those guys go.

 

If anything trade the middle of the pack guys who you may not get huge draft picks for, but can get you late rounders that you can use to move up. I’m talking guys like Turray, Lewis, Ya-Sin, Campbell, Banogu, etc...

Not only would I consider trading Nelson, I was thinking of cutting Kelly because of cap and durability issues among other reasons.  Reinvest the proper amount of capital into G and C to be able to invest the proper amount of capital into positions that matter.

 

The oline was built for Luck.....who held the ball forever and needed a solid pocket.  Rivers releases the ball as soon as he gets it, and many here are clamoring for a QB who is mobile and elusive.  We don't have QBs who pitch a tent in the pocket and camp out like Luck or JB, so G and C positions are no longer the premium spots they once were.  

 

If the plan is to get more mobile at QB, and to have Reichs quick pass offense actually take over, then having the number 1 G and a top 5 C is a luxury and not a necessity. 

 

If not, then get a statue at QB again and pay the middle of the oline to build a space for him to step into.

 

Besides, if you want more picks...who else has any value?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn’t exactly a hot take when we drafted him but I knew this dude would be a penalty machine.

 

What I didn’t know was just how slow he’d look. 

 

I still remember skeptically watching Rock’s hype build at the Senior Bowl. Had one of those “he could be good but I hope it’s not us who takes the chance.”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Hopefully he’s benched for next week or Will Fuller is burning him for 150 yards again

 

Rhodes will be on Fuller with safety help every single time. Cooks is the one that will get RYS. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know it wasn’t exactly a hot take when we drafted him but I knew this dude would be a penalty machine.

 

What I didn’t know was just how slow he’d look. 

 

Ballard was the one that was emphatic about drafting him. He doesn't give up TDs because he commits PIs.  :) 

Just now, runthepost said:

I don’t think he’s fast enough for Cooks either. 

 

Cooks is not as fast as Fuller but is quicker underneath. I can live with underneath catches from Cooks but we have to get in Watson's passing lanes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Ballard was the one that was emphatic about drafting him. He doesn't give up TDs because he commits PIs.  :) 

 

Cooks is not as fast as Fuller but is quicker underneath. I can live with underneath catches from Cooks but we have to get in Watson's passing lanes.

I think Cooks is shifty.  Probably leads to grabbing by the DB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It wasn’t exactly a hot take when we drafted him but I knew this dude would be a penalty machine.

 

What I didn’t know was just how slow he’d look. 

 

I still remember skeptically watching Rock’s hype build at the Senior Bowl. Had one of those “he could be good but I hope it’s not us who takes the chance.”

I thought the same thing. I think he got a little too much hype for his “tough guy” mentality. And as much as people talked him up during the Senior Bowl. Deebo Samuel actually won that match up. I think people saw this chiseled up, trash talking, but hard hitting corner and thought they had a guy with Ramsey or Sherman-like play style. 

 

Just now, chad72 said:

 

Underneath, RYS can somewhat keep up but going long is where the PIs happen more, it seems like. 

If he can’t cover down the field, that makes him a nickel at best but he isn’t better than Moore so idk where that leaves him. Probably on the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If he can’t cover down the field, that makes him a nickel at best but he isn’t better than Moore so idk where that leaves him. Probably on the bench.

 

We'd have better luck using him at nickel, to be honest, and send Moore outside to rotate with Carrie. Moore almost kept up with Will Fuller and Fuller could really never get away when they played him 1-on-1 with Moore and I was shocked Moore could keep up that well, not that I am advocating the same but with Moore and a safety, we can handle Fuller and bully Cooks with Rhodes because Cooks does not handle press coverage real well if pressed at the line of scrimmage.

 

Fuller made a tough long catch in close coverage vs Moore on a well thrown ball but it was Hopkins that got away from Desir that got the TD if I remember right the last time we played Watson. 

 

They don't take the time to establish a running game. Watson out of shotgun is their primary formation so that Watson can see what is coming because he struggles reading blitzes, that is why they resorted to doing that. So it is Watson taking off and running or throwing laser passes as soon as he gets out of the pocket. If you do Cover 0, it is going to Fuller, 100%.

 

Keep Watson in the pocket, and play good coverage and get to him to sack him even if it takes 5-6 seconds, and on the other side, run the ball real well and keep Watson on the sidelines. That is how we win this game. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

 

Nah I wouldn’t go that far. We’ll have the money to pay him because we still don’t have a franchise QB on the roster and we have a lot of aging vets who Ballard will move on from soon. Also I wouldn’t mess with O-Line chemistry. The trio of Kelly, Nelson, and Smith  is the key to our line. Nelson changed the culture here and is someone is a legitimate gold jacket candidate if he keeps playing. You don’t let those guys go.

 

If anything trade the middle of the pack guys who you may not get huge draft picks for, but can get you late rounders that you can use to move up. I’m talking guys like Turray, Lewis, Ya-Sin, Campbell, Banogu, etc...

I agree.  TBH what I am most concerned about is our OL coach.  I am starting to wonder if he messed up with our OL chemistry too much from last year.  I'm sure he changed things up some.  The fact that he kept Clark on the roster worries me.  I would have been pushing Ballard for some decent tackle depth.  I wasn't a fan of Haag's either but I thought he was better than Clark.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  TBH what I am most concerned about is our OL coach.  I am starting to wonder if he messed up with our OL chemistry too much from last year.  I'm sure he changed things up some.  The fact that he kept Clark on the roster worries me.  I would have been pushing Ballard for some decent tackle depth.  I wasn't a fan of Haag's either but I thought he was better than Clark.   

After Ya-Sin, Clark could legitimately be the worst player on this team. How he’s still around baffles the hell out of me. I agree about the O-line coach though. Everyone wanted to point the finger at Jonathan Taylor, but the O-line has really regressed this year.

 

Didn’t we also change DB coaches too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

After Ya-Sin, Clark could legitimately be the worst player on this team. How he’s still around baffles the hell out of me. I agree about the O-line coach though. Everyone wanted to point the finger at Jonathan Taylor, but the O-line has really regressed this year.

 

Didn’t we also change DB coaches too?

Good point.  You might be right on the DB coach.  I'm sure someone has the answer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  TBH what I am most concerned about is our OL coach.  I am starting to wonder if he messed up with our OL chemistry too much from last year.  I'm sure he changed things up some.  The fact that he kept Clark on the roster worries me.  I would have been pushing Ballard for some decent tackle depth.  I wasn't a fan of Haag's either but I thought he was better than Clark.   

Haeg went to Tampa on a one year 2.3/3.3M contract.  IIRC, he was offered more money than here.  According to PFF, he's played 93 snaps, hasn't given up a sack and has one penalty, but his PFF score is somehow only 51.1.  He's listed as a T everywhere I see but might be playing G.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

After Ya-Sin, Clark could legitimately be the worst player on this team. How he’s still around baffles the hell out of me. I agree about the O-line coach though. Everyone wanted to point the finger at Jonathan Taylor, but the O-line has really regressed this year.

 

Didn’t we also change DB coaches too?

As a team, we live and die by the choices we make. Sometimes the best coaches are not always popular or easy to get along with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Haeg went to Tampa on a one year 2.3/3.3M contract.  IIRC, he was offered more money than here.  According to PFF, he's played 93 snaps, hasn't given up a sack and has one penalty, but his PFF score is somehow only 51.1.  He's listed as a T everywhere I see but might be playing G.

I read that he was brought in to be their starting RT.  I think he might have gotten hurt but not 100% sure.  Not sure he is still starting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nickster said:

He was just horrendous.  Been an an apologist but this was a terrible game for him,  the face mask was just baffling.

Was listening to the announcer that said Rock has a wrestling back ground and that may be hurting him with all the grabbing wrestlers are programmed to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PrNum1 said:

Was listening to the announcer that said Rock has a wrestling back ground and that may be hurting him with all the grabbing wrestlers are programmed to do.

Remember the Suplex he pulled off against Cincinnati?

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for Rock to take a seat and for Eberflus to find the door.  He digs a hole for the offense and then tries to fix it at half time.  it's like he plays soft or prevent until the Colts get down 14 to 21 points.  Rock gets no coaching and the Eberflus is the head of the defense. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Colt said:

Time for Rock to take a seat and for Eberflus to find the door.  He digs a hole for the offense and then tries to fix it at half time.  it's like he plays soft or prevent until the Colts get down 14 to 21 points.  Rock gets no coaching and the Eberflus is the head of the defense. 

Eberflus to find the door? 

Are you serious? image.png.e76368f204fd2d105787b5e19df8a39b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Time for Rock to take a seat and for Eberflus to find the door.  He digs a hole for the offense and then tries to fix it at half time.  it's like he plays soft or prevent until the Colts get down 14 to 21 points.  Rock gets no coaching and the Eberflus is the head of the defense. 

Yeah that’s not going to happen.  The only way he isn’t here next year is if a team wants him as their head coach which could very well happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rock probably breathing a sigh of relief that Fuller is out. They’ll put Rhodes on Cook. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Texans move their receivers over to the side that Rock is on though lol.

I would, he's been a flag magnet as of late.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The more research I do the worse it gets.

 

At 5’11” he ran 4.51 40 and had a 7.51 3 cone which was worse that DK Metcalf (who was notoriously mocked for his terrible ability change direction) who ran a 4.38. Why did we draft this dude? He’s not even an athlete. Athletic body sure, and strength that’s impressive for a corner (18 reps at combine), but he has no business as an outside corner in the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The more research I do the worse it gets.

 

At 5’11” he ran 4.51 40 and had a 7.51 3 cone which was worse that DK Metcalf (who was notoriously mocked for his terrible ability change direction) who ran a 4.38. Why did we draft this dude? He’s not even an athlete. Athletic body sure, and strength that’s impressive for a corner (18 reps at combine), but he has no business as an outside corner in the NFL.

  Ballard still trying to find his next Peanut Tillman (Bears) at CB.

 

  Quincy Wilson was strike one, Ya-Sin is strike two... 

  Ya-Sin is strike two

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...