Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Rough Outing for Ya Sin ((MERGE))


Recommended Posts

Is this thread for real?

 

Look guys, we have had a lot of terrible corners play for the Colts, but Rock is not one of them. 

 

That PI call against Rock at the end of the first half was a crappy call... That flag does not get thrown 9 times out of 10. 

 

I feel like I am in bizarro world, listening to people attack good, young, promising players.... Where have I seen this before... Oh yeah, it is because we are winning again. Always has to be someone in the fans doghouse, right?

 

Some of you guys are just flat out nuts. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you out on Moore too? His coverage (passer rating allowed) is worst on the team. He allows the most YAC on the team. He also leads the team in missed tackles.    Rock played at a very hi

So you think Ya Sin (in his 2nd year) is having a rough go of it huh?    You may want to cut the young man some slack. The kid plays hard every snap. Tackles well and intercepts a few p

You folks called me crazy when I said I was out on him. Now you see why. Another game, another penalty and gave up a play or two. I think it’s time to hit the panic button. TJ Carrie looks better. 

19 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Is this thread for real?

 

Look guys, we have had a lot of terrible corners play for the Colts, but Rock is not one of them. 

 

That PI call against Rock at the end of the first half was a crappy call... That flag does not get thrown 9 times out of 10. 

 

I feel like I am in bizarro world, listening to people attack good, young, promising players.... Where have I seen this before... Oh yeah, it is because we are winning again. Always has to be someone in the fans doghouse, right?

 

Some of you guys are just flat out nuts. 


I think you can be objective about a young player...without him being in the “fan’s doghouse.” 
 

DPIs get called quite often on catchable deep passes like that. Refs are looking for anything that stands out. The arm bar was pretty clear...though maybe from a different angle...it’s not as visible. I would say, given Rock’s physical style of play, he gets away with far more than he gets called for (considering he has two PIs this year)...like almost all CBs do.

 

I don’t think Rock is as bad as his 47 PFF grade would imply...but I think he’s been about decent. You would certainly hope to get better than a decent CB at that spot in the draft...but he’s only in his 2nd season...so I don’t think anyone should be writing him off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So here’s his highlight for today:

 

-Got beat in one on one coverage on Brown that lead to his TD

-DPI on Corey Davis (had one against him on basically the same play 2 weeks ago). Lead to points 

-Illegal hands to the face In the end zone on a play where we actually sacked Tannehill and could’ve held them to a FG. Lead to points


This marks the 3rd straight week he has had a DPI. 2 penalties away from tying the 8 he had last year. You could directly credit him with giving the Titans a free TD because of the Brown play, and then credit him with helping give the Titans an additional 2 TDs. 

 

So what are the excuses this week? Refs picking on him again? Scheme? Confidence shaken? Young player? Mind you this is a STARTER. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He deserved the benching he got.  However while he was on the bench the secondary got burned deep too.  He’s not the only problem back there.  Willis is good against the run but he’s become a major liability in the passing game.  Again, not excusing Ya-Sin (really wish the Colts had Brown over him) but just saying Ya-Sin isn’t the only one struggling in the secondary.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

So here’s his highlight for today:

 

-Got beat in one on one coverage on Brown that lead to his TD

-DPI on Corey Davis (had one against him on basically the same play 2 weeks ago). Lead to points 

-Illegal hands to the face In the end zone on a play where we actually sacked Tannehill and could’ve held them to a FG. Lead to points


This marks the 3rd straight week he has had a DPI. 2 penalties away from tying the 8 he had last year. You could directly credit him with giving the Titans a free TD because of the Brown play, and then credit him with helping give the Titans an additional 2 TDs. 

 

So what are the excuses this week? Refs picking on him again? Scheme? Confidence shaken? Young player? Mind you this is a STARTER. 

Yes, we need to replace Ya-Sin he's killing us. He is nothing but a penalty what a disaster he has become.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He deserved the benching he got.  However while he was on the bench the secondary got burned deep too.  He’s not the only problem back there.  Willis is good against the run but he’s become a major liability in the passing game.  Again, not excusing Ya-Sin (really wish the Colts had Brown over him) but just saying Ya-Sin isn’t the only one struggling in the secondary.  

No I agree. The secondary as a whole has an issue. Willis is definitely one dimensional. And the depth at corner is poor. He seemed fine today but Moore is having a down year too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

No I agree. The secondary as a whole has an issue. Willis is definitely one dimensional. And the depth at corner is poor. He seemed fine today but Moore is having a down year too.

Yeah that one surprises me the most he was on the verge of breaking out last year as a star and this year he’s just not the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Carrie should get the start next week just to send a message.

Yup. And honestly if Tell hadn’t opted out, I think he’d already be a healthy scratch like Banogu is. I honestly liked what I saw from Tell his rookie year than Ya Sin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

So here’s his highlight for today:

 

-Got beat in one on one coverage on Brown that lead to his TD

-DPI on Corey Davis (had one against him on basically the same play 2 weeks ago). Lead to points 

-Illegal hands to the face In the end zone on a play where we actually sacked Tannehill and could’ve held them to a FG. Lead to points


This marks the 3rd straight week he has had a DPI. 2 penalties away from tying the 8 he had last year. You could directly credit him with giving the Titans a free TD because of the Brown play, and then credit him with helping give the Titans an additional 2 TDs. 

 

So what are the excuses this week? Refs picking on him again? Scheme? Confidence shaken? Young player? Mind you this is a STARTER. 

I was trying to give him the benefit of doubt, but this was really bad today.  Who's his replacement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

As of now TJ Carrie. But at this point, he couldn’t possibly be worse. 

I'm predicting Carrie is our new starting corner against the Texans.  Rock was benched towards the end of the game.  He's had plenty of time to pull it together.  He's our weakest link IMO.  I wouldn't be surprised if they make the move.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week against Green Bay, Rock had an interception, but he also committed a 51 yard pass interference penalty - the big penalties are occurring every game and maybe a little time spent as the nickel corner would make him appreciate a starting role, and hopefully get him to play a little smarter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awareness. Something RYS does not have. Know when you have safety help and the extracurriculars aren’t necessary. The big play where he held or hands to the face. Just unnecessary. He’s a liability and results on every down not worth the rare big play. 
 

Ballard appears to now have whiffed on two high-round CBs - Wilson and RYS. He’s got to do better if we’re going to be worth damn in the next 2 to 3 years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Last week against Green Bay, Rock had an interception, but he also committed a 51 yard pass interference penalty - the big penalties are occurring every game and maybe a little time spent as the nickel corner would make him appreciate a starting role, and hopefully get him to play a little smarter.

 

I think changing the role or benching the player might be the wake up call the player needs but i'm not so sure in this situation.

 

I think the issue with Rock starts with his lack of speed. His lack of speed means he has to make up for that with football intelligence and he isn't there yet. I think that is more likely to come from game experience. Of course, the question is can/are the Colts willing to continue to play him if he keeps making these costly penalties? He has had some brutal ones. The margin for error is slim right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's frustrating because he can physically keep up with these guys and is a decent tackler, but he's definitely handsy even when he doesn't have to be.

 

He panics when he doesn't have to sometimes it seems. Needs to 'feel' the WR at all times and just seems uneasy.

 

Fingers crossed it clicks for him this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IinD said:

He's frustrating because he can physically keep up with these guys and is a decent tackler, but he's definitely handsy even when he doesn't have to be.

 

He panics when he doesn't have to sometimes it seems. Needs to 'feel' the WR at all times and just seems uneasy.

 

Fingers crossed it clicks for him this year.

He should have received a lot of coaching on his issues by now.  He still makes the same mistakes.  It's crunch time now for the team.  You can be patient for only so long.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richard pallo said:

He should have received a lot of coaching on his issues by now.  He still makes the same mistakes.  It's crunch time now for the team.  You can be patient for only so long.  

I get it.

 

I'd just roll the rest of 2020 with him and see if he gets it eventually. Entire secondary really is a weak point if we're 100% honest. Moore's been ugly at times, Willis as well. Xavier isn't exactly Vontae out there also.

 

They definitely need an infusion next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm predicting Carrie is our new starting corner against the Texans.  Rock was benched towards the end of the game.  He's had plenty of time to pull it together.  He's our weakest link IMO.  I wouldn't be surprised if they make the move.  

He was benched in the first half and came back out in the second half.  I am guessing Frank hopes the benching through the half got the message across that can’t be as grabby as he has been.

 

I will say getting Carrie in there isn’t going to make things much better.  He got beat today too and the Titans hit some big passes while Rock was benched.  Rock is getting the attention, and he’s earned it, but he’s far from the only problem in the secondary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carrie is not the answer. Carrie is a good NB sub, or maybe even a NB starter, but he's not a CB1 or 2.

 

Rhodes was holding a ton all game. He just didn't called. The blatant hold they called didn't get accepted. A few plays later his obvious hook and hold was ignored. He had 2 or 3 other pretty obvious holds that were ignored. Not saying Rock doesn't need to quit being so grabby, just saying his rep is playing a part, and Rhodes is getting treated much better. Also, Blackmon wasn't very good today either. He got burnt bad once, and was out of position a few other times. Hard to see the Ss on a lot of plays with the camera coverage, but he didn't look good at all when you could see him.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Carrie is not the answer. Carrie is a good NB sub, or maybe even a NB starter, but he's not a CB1 or 2.

 

Rhodes was holding a ton all game. He just didn't called. The blatant hold they called didn't get accepted. A few plays later his obvious hook and hold was ignored. He had 2 or 3 other pretty obvious holds that were ignored. Not saying Rock doesn't need to quit being so grabby, just saying his rep is playing a part, and Rhodes is getting treated much better. Also, Blackmon wasn't very good today either. He got burnt bad once, and was out of position a few other times. Hard to see the Ss on a lot of plays with the camera coverage, but he didn't look good at all when you could see him.

Willis was out of position and took some bad angles too.  The long TD by Brown was in part because of that.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Willis was out of position and took some bad angles too.  The long TD by Brown was in part because of that.  

Yup, It was a pretty horrible day all around for the DBs. At least Willis had a PD and a QBH, which none of our other DBs did... 

 

And even without Autry, I was pretty disappointed with the DE pass rush given they had a 3rd string LT.. The DL had zero sacks and QBHs... 

 

Just bad...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Willis was out of position and took some bad angles too.  The long TD by Brown was in part because of that.  

That truly was a terrible angle Willis took.

Could've been held to just a bad 20 yard play on that one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ar7 said:

 

I think changing the role or benching the player might be the wake up call the player needs but i'm not so sure in this situation.

 

I think the issue with Rock starts with his lack of speed. His lack of speed means he has to make up for that with football intelligence and he isn't there yet. I think that is more likely to come from game experience. Of course, the question is can/are the Colts willing to continue to play him if he keeps making these costly penalties? He has had some brutal ones. The margin for error is slim right now.

I think this is very true. He knows if the receiver has a step or two, they're gunna beat him as he doesn't have that high end recovery speed, so he does what he can and grabs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IinD said:

That truly was a terrible angle Willis took.

Could've been held to just a bad 20 yard play on that one.

Yeah you know that play ticked Ballard off. In his post season presser last year he talked about how much he hates giving up explosive plays and that was one of them. I fully expect some changes in the depth chart, as well as some other players in the secondary getting some more snaps.

 

And looking ahead, it’s going to be time to trade some guys and load up on draft picks in the draft and bring in real competition for guys like Willis and definitely for Ya-Sin if not a full replacement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, It was a pretty horrible day all around for the DBs. At least Willis had a PD and a QBH, which none of our other DBs did... 

 

And even without Autry, I was pretty disappointed with the DE pass rush given they had a 3rd string LT.. The DL had zero sacks and QBHs... 

 

Just bad...

Did Turay play? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah you know that play ticked Ballard off. In his post season presser last year he talked about how much he hates giving up explosive plays and that was one of them. I fully expect some changes in the depth chart, as well as some other players in the secondary getting some more snaps.

 

And looking ahead, it’s going to be time to trade some guys and load up on draft picks in the draft and bring in real competition for guys like Willis and definitely for Ya-Sin if not a full replacement.

I'd seriously take offers for Nelson.  The LT is the important foundational piece of the oline and I can't imagine what type of cap hit he'll command in a couple of years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...