Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman's breakout game (MERGE)

CR91

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's right @Shafty138, get with the program! Metcalf>Campbell, Claypool>Pittman! haha 

I'm glad Pittman is looking comfortable with the offense. He may be a good one. Lets hope the same for Campbell when he returns!

I love Pittman, because he's blue now. I'll always love Claypool because he was Irish. I wanted him bad, but more than happy with Pittman. Just needs time. He's certainly got the measurables and ceiling.

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

I love those posts as well..umm a lot of teams passed on him.. Lol

Exactly.  There's a LOT of hindsight on this here forum.  I mean I was almost a millionaire.  I was seriously looking into purchasing $100 worth of Bitcoin in 2010 when they were just 8 cents a piece.  I backed off at the last minute thinking "Nah......this will never go anywhere", and I forgot about it.  They're very volatile, but today they're worth a cool $16,266 a piece.  Would be a $20M price tag today!

4 hours ago, IinD said:

Don't remember when in the game, but JT had a small little groove going for a couple plays and Frank pulled him. Don't remember the exact situation, but I remember thinking 'leave em in'. Frank is definitely obsessive about the RB rotation.

And I am with you 100% on JT just getting the ball in situations that aren't favorable for him. Totally stacked box and everyone bunched in tight... Let's go up the gut.. Stop Frank. 

He missed a wide open cut back lane on a 3rd and 1 and pretty much got yanked.  Then Hines comes in and the running game looked great.

i hope you guys are right about this kid, but I’m pretty sure you are not.  Great kid.  Limited athleticism.  Poor vision.

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Mo was questionable this week with the knee (and since week 6). I don't believe he was wearing the brace last week. He took that early hit last Sunday, and I think that aggravated things. He probably wouldn't have played this week if Doyle was healthy IMO. When I say forgotten about, I'm talking about the 3 games after game two vs MN. He completely balled out on sail routes and others, and was downplayed the next week when Doyle was out (I can understand that a little given we blew them out), and the following two weeks in favor of Burton.... 

He's obsessive with both RB and WR/TE rotation. Frustrating as hell. Coming into the league, JT was hyped as a body blow guy, not a rotational RB for committee. I'd love to see them stick with him through full series. Take him out if needed on 3rd and long for Hines in the passing game, but even then, that's not really needed either. JT has proven as good catching the ball as Hines.

I'll give you the high point. 4 of JT's 7 runs were up the middle in obvious short yardage run situations (late downs or goal line). 3 of those 4 the OL was blown up. All 4 the D was selling out for the run.

I'm off to the pillow. I'll try to do a breakdown tomorrow evening. 

Go Colts. Great win.

I couldn't agree more.

Frank needs to pick his rb and WR and go with them.

Frank reminds me of that rec league coach that rotates his players in and out so everyone gets to play.

7 minutes ago, PrNum1 said:

Am I the only one that thinks old noodle arm is showing some pretty good zip on these passes ?

No.

So happy to see Pittman getting involved and making a big impact. The talent is there. Feed him and Hines and good things will happen for our offense. :)
Also, shout out to TY. Our offense is just better when he’s out there. Even when he’s not getting the ball.

Wait, I thought our receiving corps was crap just a couple of days ago??  LOL

We just need our guys to get healthy and Pittman showed up healthy last night.  Campbell will, too and TY got a couple of crucial catches last night.

Nothing wrong with our receivers if they are healthy and Rivers gives them balls that are catchable.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I've kept saying he's done everything that's been expected of him when he was thrown the ball.

He just needs to see the ball a bit more.  Glad to see he got it today.  

But he can't get himself open. He's good on screens and dumpoffs but he won't be able to run those downfield routes that require lateral movement.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pittman is going to be a lot like Reggie Wayne. He won’t be flashy but he will just catch everything and be very consistsnt. I said before the draft I thought he could be a lot  like. Michael Thomas. You can use him anywhere on the field and his good hands will just get you sneaky consistent yards.

I'll take that all day and twice on Sunday. 

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pittman looked excellent tonight. Definitely his breakout game. I'm glad Rivers is starting to focus on him more. Over 100 passing yards and a 21 yard run as well. He is going to be a good one. It was amazing how wide open he was the entire game. Seemed no one could cover him at all. I love it! Go Pittman!

Without going back and looking at the game to see why, the amount of separation he had on his receptions was the most impressive things.

8 hours ago, IinD said:

Don't remember when in the game, but JT had a small little groove going for a couple plays and Frank pulled him. Don't remember the exact situation, but I remember thinking 'leave em in'. Frank is definitely obsessive about the RB rotation.

And I am with you 100% on JT just getting the ball in situations that aren't favorable for him. Totally stacked box and everyone bunched in tight... Let's go up the gut.. Stop Frank. 

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE 

• Shive changed the title to Pittman's breakout game (MERGE)
3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Wait, I thought our receiving corps was crap just a couple of days ago??  LOL

We just need our guys to get healthy and Pittman showed up healthy last night.  Campbell will, too and TY got a couple of crucial catches last night.

Nothing wrong with our receivers if they are healthy and Rivers gives them balls that are catchable.

We'll see what he does versus Steelers  later this year

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

But he can't get himself open. He's good on screens and dumpoffs but he won't be able to run those downfield routes that require lateral movement.

My concern on him coming out was his technique on routes but that is common with the big guys.  He's going to keep getting better as his routes improve and for now he's a threat on enough of the route tree to where a CB can't make money guessing on him.

I think they hit big on this pick.  

3 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

My concern on him coming out was his technique on routes but that is common with the big guys.  He's going to keep getting better as his routes improve and for now he's a threat on enough of the route tree to where a CB can't make money guessing on him.

I think they hit big on this pick.  

I don't see it happening with his lack of agility and stiffness in the hips, but I hope you are right.

15 hours ago, PrNum1 said:

I couldn't agree more.

Frank needs to pick his rb and WR and go with them.

Frank reminds me of that rec league coach that rotates his players in and out so everyone gets to play.

I can understand a bit on WRs/TEs due to injury, etc., but it's still, going away from the hot hands is simply baffling.

I can understand early on when Mack got injured because I'm sure they wanted to stick to the plan of working Taylor in. We're beyond that now. Giving JT more difficult and more early carries, not letting him get in a rhythm, etc., is like they are purposefully trying to kill any confidence or development.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, EastStreet said:

I love Pittman, because he's blue now. I'll always love Claypool because he was Irish. I wanted him bad, but more than happy with Pittman. Just needs time. He's certainly got the measurables and ceiling.

I wanted Claypool AND Pittman. Picking JT was something I did not expect, but happy we got him. 

On 11/13/2020 at 5:05 AM, Nickster said:

He missed a wide open cut back lane on a 3rd and 1 and pretty much got yanked.  Then Hines comes in and the running game looked great.

i hope you guys are right about this kid, but I’m pretty sure you are not.  Great kid.  Limited athleticism.  Poor vision.

He's a rookie. Marlon Mack was supposed to be RB1 this year. JT has shown flashes, but also made some rookie mistakes. His confidence will grow with more experience and you will see his full potential then. Remember, Hines is much better this year than his rookie year.

39 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

I wanted Claypool AND Pittman. Picking JT was something I did not expect, but happy we got him. 

With Mack's injury, we would have been in a pickle with just relying on Hines or Wilkins as between the tackle backs. We all know how "Hines down the middle" has turned out this year. :) 

At the risk of this no longer being a Pittman thread, people need to calm down on JT not taking off immediately. Im sure we can all agree that Mack wasn’t exactly a stud his rookie year, but by year 3 he was a bonafide RB1.

it seems frustrating to some fans, especially as these days it seems like all players are expected to come in and dominate, but exercise some patience, he needs time. he may well end up being a bust in the end, but we don’t know that yet and we have certainly seen flashes of great play that give me more hope than concern for his long term career.

it’s not like he has been total trash. He seems to be getting hit in the backfield before he even has a chance half the time. The OL isn’t what it was last year run blocking.

essentially, just give it time. Let’s see where he has progressed to this time in 2022 and then judge it.

3 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

At the risk of this no longer being a Pittman thread, people need to calm down on JT not taking off immediately. Im sure we can all agree that Mack wasn’t exactly a stud his rookie year, but by year 3 he was a bonafide RB1.

it seems frustrating to some fans, especially as these days it seems like all players are expected to come in and dominate, but exercise some patience, he needs time. he may well end up being a bust in the end, but we don’t know that yet and we have certainly seen flashes of great play that give me more hope than concern for his long term career.

it’s not like he has been total trash. He seems to be getting hit in the backfield before he even has a chance half the time. The OL isn’t what it was last year run blocking.

essentially, just give it time. Let’s see where he has progressed to this time in 2022 and then judge it.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

On 11/13/2020 at 1:47 AM, IinD said:

Most great coaches ride the hot hand and keep going with certain plays until the other team takes that away.   Frank takes it away for the opposition.   

19 hours ago, Dr. T said:

Yea, I liked both. They were the only two I really wanted to go after early. I'm happy with JT too. He'll be more than fine in time. I just wish they'd give him a more well rounded body of carries, and more carries overall. He's been tremendous in the passing game opportunities already. Just need the running to catch up. 

Archived