Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth,  until this season most posters here have not liked Eberflus at all.   They’ve wanted him replaced.    And here you are posting about how he’s held up his end of the bargain since the beginning. 
 

And after the biggest win of the season, you now want Flus to replace Reich...

 

That is what talent does for one's coaching. Buckner has made a huge impact and made players around him better. Even Grover (a president from the 1800's looks like an all-pro) lmao 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

 

Since when is a DT, qb of the defense lol if anything he is, go figure the LINE of the Defense. 

 

Hes the QB of the defense in importance. No, he doesnt lead the defense, that isnt what i meant. 

 

In this scheme, Buckner is the most important player on the defense. 

 

Hence my statement. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Hes the QB of the defense in importance. No, he doesnt lead the defense, that isnt what i meant. 

 

In this scheme, Buckner is the most important player on the defense. 

 

Hence my statement. 

 

Agreed ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

Hes the QB of the defense in importance. No, he doesnt lead the defense, that isnt what i meant. 

 

In this scheme, Buckner is the most important player on the defense. 

 

Hence my statement. 

I’d argue Leonard but Buckner would be 1A on my list so it’s probably how you look at which is fine.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth,  until this season most posters here have not liked Eberflus at all.   They’ve wanted him replaced.    And here you are posting about how he’s held up his end of the bargain since the beginning. 
 

And after the biggest win of the season, you now want Flus to replace Reich...

 

I’m under the impression that you are just simply lumping me with a certain group I’ve never associated myself with.  I have never made any post on Eberflus ever before.  I was never on the side of getting rid of him.  The difference though here, is that Eberflus clearly has been improving vs Reich who has stayed fairly the same; arguably worse

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

The defense definitely plays better as a unit when Leonard is out there. 

What people forget also is Buckner helps Leonard too. He doesn’t have to shed as many blocks as he has in the past because of Bukner.  Rick Venturi mentioned how much Leonard has improved this year. So much of that is because of Buckner.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What people forget also is Buckner helps Leonard too. He doesn’t have to shed as many blocks as he has in the past because of Bukner.  Rick Venturi mentioned how much Leonard has improved this year. So much of that is because of Buckner.

 

Oh I def agree im just glad they're both on this defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they both will be gone in 3yrs.  Whether it’s a promotion, retirement or Ballard or Irsay cleans house.  Ive said this plenty of times and sticking to it.  Luck retiring will ultimately cost Reich and/or Ballard their jobs.  The only chance is if they get a franchise QB on the roster in the next two off seasons. Maybe they already do with Eason but I think it’s unlikely.  I could see a new coaching staff be brought in that handpicks a QB and tries to squeeze the last bit of potential out of an aging OL and DL while Ballard reloads the depth to take over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I’m under the impression that you are just simply lumping me with a certain group I’ve never associated myself with.  I have never made any post on Eberflus ever before.  I was never on the side of getting rid of him.  The difference though here, is that Eberflus clearly has been improving vs Reich who has stayed fairly the same; arguably worse

No...   I’m not limping you kn with any group. 
 

Om only noting the difference between your view and the view if the majority here.   I think the majority has long been unimpressed with Flus.   You think Flus has been very good since he arrived.   I think that’s interesting and worth noting.   For what it’s worth,  my view is closer to yours.

 

I just don’t favor Flus replacing Reich as Head Coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No...   I’m not limping you kn with any group. 
 

Om only noting the difference between your view and the view if the majority here.   I think the majority has long been unimpressed with Flus.   You think Flus has been very good since he arrived.   I think that’s interesting and worth noting.   For what it’s worth,  my view is closer to yours.

 

I just don’t favor Flus replacing Reich as Head Coach. 

I think the only way Reich gets fired/replaced is if we miss the playoffs. I don't see that happening  now after what happened Thursday, JMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No...   I’m not limping you kn with any group. 
 

Om only noting the difference between your view and the view if the majority here.   I think the majority has long been unimpressed with Flus.   You think Flus has been very good since he arrived.   I think that’s interesting and worth noting.   For what it’s worth,  my view is closer to yours.

 

I just don’t favor Flus replacing Reich as Head Coach. 

Flus definitely has had his ups and downs since coming in.  With his growth, he has gotten more on my good side for sure.  I see where you’re coming from, and I respect that opinion

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Irsay isn’t firing an 8-4 coach.  I am not going to defend some of Frank’s decisions today.  They were bad.  Still I know Irsay and he won’t fire Frank as long as he keeps winning.

100% it's unrealistic to think any GM will fire a winning coach, regardless on how the wins come.  There does need to be a seat down though

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

100% it's unrealistic to think any GM will fire a winning coach, regardless on how the wins come.  There does need to be a seat down though

I am sure Irsay will do that if he feels it’s needed he admitted to doing it after the Jags game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I'm sure he would, but I’d just rather fix a crack before it turns into a hole though.  Regardless, I’m happy we pulled it out today 8-4

Me as well.  A win is a win but lessons can be learned.  Hopefully Frank learned to dial the aggressiveness back a hair and to finally kill the Hines up the gut play.  I wouldn’t bet on it but I can hope.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hopefully Frank learned to dial the aggressiveness back a hair and to finally kill the Hines up the gut play.

No, no, no!

 

It's all part of a long developing master plan, for when we are deep in the playoffs. We're going to be in that game defining moment - 4th and goal - and Hines will be out there and the whole world will know that it will be a handoff to him up the middle. That's when we fake the handoff and then~ nah, who am I kidding... We'll hand it off to Hinds and it will get stuffed again for umpteenth-teenth time...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

My opinion is good ridden. Bye. Players are the defence. Everyone seems to think this guy is great. Not. We need a d coordinator who takes a few risks once in a while. Our defence is stale. You can pass at will on this defence 

Is this defense a product of Eberflus going limp or is it a directive of FR telling his coordinators to stand down on aggression and just play to use clock? Basically try not to lose the game by playing aggressive and giving up big plays, however, it tends to lead to big plays and either a loss or a nail biter. When CB figures out who is making these adjustment calls, then he can relieve the appropriate person. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Who is still concerned about another team stealing Flus away from the Colts? With his awesome strategy of one half good and the other half meh/trash, yeah, nobody is taking that on. 

How many more of these 1/2 games do Irsay and Ballard need to see before they make 1 or both of them available?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Who is still concerned about another team stealing Flus away from the Colts? With his awesome strategy of one half good and the other half meh/trash, yeah, nobody is taking that on. 

Even though it wasn’t a perfect second half, it’s only so much a coach can do.  Pretty sure with the combination of a stale offense, Rock ya-sin handed touchdown, and all of the ghost pass interference calls had something to do with how bad the defense looked.  Defense even held strong for an 4th and out in their red zone.  Eberflus though played it safe, still does not deserve as much flack for this loss as you’re making it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hammer said:

How many more of these 1/2 games do Irsay and Ballard need to see before they make 1 or both of them available?

 

Great question but I’d honestly have to believe that a real discussion has to be had with CB after the season is over. He just has the pattern of being poor for anything more than 1 half. It’s literally Jekyll and Hyde all season. 

2 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

Even though it wasn’t a perfect second half, it’s only so much a coach can do.  Pretty sure with the combination of a stale offense, Rock ya-sin handed touchdown, and all of the ghost pass interference calls had something to do with how bad the defense looked.  Defense even held strong for an 4th and out in their red zone.  Eberflus though played it safe, still does not deserve as much flack for this loss as you’re making it.

Make all the excuses you want. Refs, poor lighting, Reich was distracted by butterflies etc... but neither FR nor Flus has proven they can coach full tilt for 4 full quarters, regardless of all the tape he can look back at and see his own faults. He is on the chopping block imho.  CB may think differently but I and many others feel he isn’t growing enough to keep plugging along with. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 10:31 PM, EastStreet said:

hinges on a few things for me.

 

I think from a pure football Xs and Os perspective, Flus is better.

Our super conservative D (lack of blitzing, heavy soft zone) doesn't really jive with Flus's history of coaching.

 

So question is, how much is Reich impacting the D game plans, and overall D philosophy. We all know Frank is typically uber conservative on everything unless his card tells him not to be.... So who is the one for instance that wants to blitz at a near league low?  I suspect it's not Flus. And if that's the case, I'm good with keeping and promoting Flus. 

Does Eberflus have a history of liking the blitz?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Great question but I’d honestly have to believe that a real discussion has to be had with CB after the season is over. He just has the pattern of being poor for anything more than 1 half. It’s literally Jekyll and Hyde all season. 

Make all the excuses you want. Refs, poor lighting, Reich was distracted by butterflies etc... but neither FR nor Flus has proven they can coach full tilt for 4 full quarters, regardless of all the tape he can look back at and see his own faults. He is on the chopping block imho.  CB may think differently but I and many others feel he isn’t growing enough to keep plugging along with. 

I’m really just speaking in terms of the Steelers game today, but yes I agree with the off-season review.  It is unacceptable from both the offense and defense. Can’t win with inconsistencies like this

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Is this defense a product of Eberflus going limp or is it a directive of FR telling his coordinators to stand down on aggression and just play to use clock? Basically try not to lose the game by playing aggressive and giving up big plays, however, it tends to lead to big plays and either a loss or a nail biter. When CB figures out who is making these adjustment calls, then he can relieve the appropriate person. 

I think the bad offense in the second half gassed the D. We abandoned the run and gave them the time of possession battle. Our defense was on the field the whole second half. Along with some bad calls.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Both are good coaches.  Its the defensive player draft choices that stink when we lose. 

 

Of course, our two OTs were out. Offense still needs improved talent at TE and QB.   

Dont give Frank a pass on play calling. We tried that dumb play action pass on 1st down when up by 10. We should have been running instead of gunning especially since we were deep in their territory with them catching up and building momentum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Does Eberflus have a history of liking the blitz?

Flus has a history with teams that have blitzed more. It's hard to tell what "he likes to do" though. 

 

Here's his history. You can probably look back at those teams and find blitz % for the last 5 or so years, and general scheme discussion. That doesn't mean "for sure" though.

 

Toledo (1992)
Student assistant coach

Toledo (1993)
Graduate assistant

Toledo (1994–1995)
Recruiting coordinator & Outside linebackers coach

Toledo (1996–1998)
Outside linebackers coach

Toledo (1999–2000)
Defensive backs coach

Missouri (2001–2008)
Defensive coordinator

Cleveland Browns (2009–2010)
Linebackers coach

Dallas Cowboys (2011–2015)
Linebackers coach

Dallas Cowboys (2016–2017)
Linebackers coach & passing game coordinator

Indianapolis Colts (2018–present)
Defensive coordinator

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That would be great if it happened. But didn't he have the chance to do that last year? 
    • Most of the players you mention are riding the coat tails of their names from pervious seasons and weren't brought in to be starters just depth, and aside from the playoffs didn't do too much to contribute through the season.   -Fournette wasn't a star, he was more of a reclamation project and was mostly a change of pace back till Jones got hurt.  -Suh was signed in 2019  -Antonio Brown isn't the WR he used to be, hence he only had 8 catches in the entire playoff run -Gronk was mostly a nonfactor for a lot of the season    In the Ballard topic I went much more indepth but basically to simplify it the Bucs have added roughly 2 FAs a year that became starters. At the Super Bowl they had roughly 8 (going off memory) FA starters, which may sound like a lot but to compare with the Colts we actually have more starters from FA and waivers (not including trades) than the Bucs do. The Buccaneers just have made some amazing draft picks the last 4 or so years and only needed a QB, which Brady was able to come in and push them from being a super talented roster to Super Bowl level team.
    • The athletic has a great article on the mess  in Phili. That organization is a mess and it’s amazing they were able to win a SB.
    • I am coming around that if Paye or Phillips is there at 21 we should take them. We are going to have to take a risk at edge to get that position fixed. Phillips concussions are very concerning but it could pay off. It is a deep enough tackle class we can get one in the second. Ballard has done a nice job bringing in experienced tackle depth we should be ok. 
    • 3680 Yds, 25 TD, 11 INT and 3 rushing TD's
  • Members

    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,447

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Arodgers12

      Arodgers12 349

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyEric07

      IndyEric07 119

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Old Colt

      Old Colt 157

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 4,276

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solid84

      Solid84 20

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Bluesmith

      Bluesmith 69

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • indyagent17

      indyagent17 800

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Wentzszn

      Wentzszn 10,012

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 5,021

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...