Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR DeMichael Harris signed to the 53

Dogg63

He deserves this. He gives us a little added jolt with speed.

I hope they keep the practice squad rules like they have been this year. Maybe by as many on the PS but I like how players can go back and forth twice without hitting the waiver wire. I think it has helped with injury situations. I also like the IR 3 game rule instead of 8. Allows teams to keep better players.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He deserves this. He gives us a little added jolt with speed.

I hope they keep the practice squad rules like they have been this year. Maybe by as many on the PS but I like how players can go back and forth twice without hitting the waiver wire. I think it has helped with injury situations. I also like the IR 3 game rule instead of 8. Allows teams to keep better players.

They really should keep these PS rules going forward unless they increase roster size.  Teams invest too much in these guys , plus injuries, as we have seen this year, can leave a team with large holes in the roster if they dont have the depth at PS.

Kinda strange seeing #12 move so fast. Harris is exciting to watch. Another weapon in the slot, which makes me wonder how Frank will mix Harris, TY, Hines and Campbell (if he gets back).

Here’s an article on Darius Jackson. He’s 6’ 230 lbs. Probably just insurance but maybe they’ll use him as a fullback, on short yardage situations, with Doyle out.

https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/darius-jackson/

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I liked him as an UDFA for us after the draft, and he has definitely shown traits of why Ballard liked him signed him. Very impressive speed, and he can make plays when needed. I hope we can keep him on the 53 for the long haul after the season is over.

He has a suddenness that really pops off the screen.  Could be a weapon, but will they use him well? We need offense on Thursday badly.  

13 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Eventually guys like Dulin or Fountain have to make way for guys hungrier and more productive.....

Sometimes the fit just isn't there an the unheralded guy comes and takes a spot.....

Fountain ya, Dulin his special team play is so high it is hard to think he won't we see what having an effective gunner does compared to win they are out, and not everyone can do it like that

17 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Eventually guys like Dulin or Fountain have to make way for guys hungrier and more productive.....

Sometimes the fit just isn't there an the unheralded guy comes and takes a spot.....

Or personnel choices by coaches, game plan, and play calling aren't a match. 

Harris was directly schemed into the game plan as a 1st read, at a position (inside) where we are thin. Dulin and Fountain have gotten scraps on the outside, and used more for late reads or guys doing the rubs or clear outs. Dulin, when given the opportunity has been productive, and has also drawn some huge PIs. 

I'd add that we just saw Johnson struggle big time when taking over full Z responsibilities last weekend due to TY being out. Little separation, and looked to run some bad routes.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I just hope he's given a chance to do more than be a gimmick guy. 

Surprised to see Carter waived.

I’m a little surprised about Dell Carter as well. At least from the time we signed him, nothing but good things were said. Of course, he never dressed either so... hopefully he can hit the PS tomorrow?

34 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I’m a little surprised about Dell Carter as well. At least from the time we signed him, nothing but good things were said. Of course, he never dressed either so... hopefully he can hit the PS tomorrow?

I kinda thought when we picked up him up it was a move to get him on our PS, more than 53. We had to sign him to the 53 of course to get him over here, but I really doubted we'd see him play. Also, Dallas's D isn't very good, so the fact he was still hanging out on their PS doesn't say much. 

Not saying Carter doesn't have upside, just that he's an absolute project. Also guessing they may be clearing room for Turay to be activated.

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Fountain ya, Dulin his special team play is so high it is hard to think he won't we see what having an effective gunner does compared to win they are out, and not everyone can do it like that

That's my thought too. Dulin offers athletic depth at the WR position, but is an absolute stud on ST.

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I kinda thought when we picked up him up it was a move to get him on our PS, more than 53. We had to sign him to the 53 of course to get him over here, but I really doubted we'd see him play. Also, Dallas's D isn't very good, so the fact he was still hanging out on their PS doesn't say much. 

Not saying Carter doesn't have upside, just that he's an absolute project. Also guessing they may be clearing room for Turay to be activated.

Archived